Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Syndrome Conundrum

General-Veok

Dec 2, 2010
Jimmybobjr said:
General-Veok said:
No, what Toady said, was that the next release would be out *at minimum* Jan. 17th-ish. Early February is looking much more likely.

(You can trust me! I'm a programmer!)
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=98355.0

"...best case would be getting it up on January 15th."

Of course, this is not seen to be false, but i have to defend myself, dont i?
Oh, no insult intended. Just trying to fan your inner cynic. :D

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Jimmybobjr said:
vallorn said:
Kraken? are you still about?
Nah, Kraken has buggered off somewhere. Somehow hes convinced himself that this Lets play wasnt "all that good" (My Arse) and left us out to rot.

WHY KRAKEN?! WHY HAVE YOU DESERTED US - *US* - YOUR LOYAL FOLLOWERS?! WHYYYYY?

In all seriousness, There wont be a update in the next week or so since ToadyOne is releasing the latest update in a Few days. Cant Wait!
I have him as a friend on Steam, literally all he does all day is play Blood Bowl.

lupus_amens

Mar 2, 2011
Well, Blood Bowl seems like fun.
But writing and creating is fun too....
eh?
eh?

but seriously Kraken take the time you need, because I can wait ;)

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Well, I haven't posted in this thread for a while. Gotta keep it alive though! I wonder what happened to Kraken, I'll keep my fingers crossed for more updates. This LP is up there with the great ones if you ask me.

adasdad

Aug 2, 2011
Cowabungaa said:
Well, I haven't posted in this thread for a while. Gotta keep it alive though! I wonder what happened to Kraken, I'll keep my fingers crossed for more updates. This LP is up there with the great ones if you ask me.
yep. this easily tops boatmurdered in my oppinion.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
adasdad said:
Cowabungaa said:
yep. this easily tops boatmurdered in my oppinion.
Weeeeell that's pushing it. I mean, Boatmurdered had a WMD that turns the entire surrounding area to ash, murderous elephants and the most gloriously twisted demise in the history of dwarvenkind.

Reveredtour beats it in terms of sheer valor though, holding out against goblins like that.

adasdad

Aug 2, 2011
technically, it doesn't push it. *commence nitpicking* while boatmurdered may be better, in MY opinion this beats it. nuking the surrounding area is all well and good, but this has better planning, more encounters and better rp. the only reason i made this post is because i want to keep the thread alive.

Feb 13, 2008
Here's the release we've been working on for nearly eleven months. I've tried to collect the major changes below, but it won't be a complete list. I hope you enjoy the game!

New stuff

cities in adventure mode that have various buildings, dungeons, items, livestock, etc.
protect your community from secret vampire dwarves or hunt them as an adventurer
defend your fort during the full moon or risk a werewolf infestion -- hunt/be hunted as an adventurer
face armies of the dead in dwarf mode or visit their necromancers' towers and learn their secrets as an adventurer
evil regions where the dead and pieces of the dead can come alive, with evil mists and rain
tombs built in world gen which can be visited in adv mode, either beneath towns or out in the wilds -- beware the dead!
revamped justice/witness/death notification system in dwarf mode
immigrants to your fortress will now be historical figures whenever possible, which means more family relationships and history for each one
dropped items/bodies tracked between plays in the wilderness anywhere in the world
more battlefield information tracked/war dead raisable in world gen
all sponsorship animals and their giant/man versions are in the game now
various new abilities for creatures (see file_changes.txt for list and syntax)
adventurers can use creature abilities/learned powers and they can be tested from the arena
new site travel map to make navigating towns easier
reading/swimming/observer (for traps) relevant in adv mode now
established historical figures can lead bandits
rivers block movement in adv mode travel
eating/drinking required in adv mode
ingested syndromes are now possible
ability to make campfire (from 'g') and warm items at campfire/fire/magma (from 'I') in adv mode
traps work in adv mode, once spotted they can be ignored
gems now have different cuts
necromancers can write books about various topics (all books are in their towers as it stands)
moon phase indicator in fort
alphanumeric world gen seeds and some more world gen params (see file_changes.txt)
the legends xml has a lot of new info for historical figures

Major bug fixes

buffer overload from aborted world gen fixed
fixed cave-in-on-embark issue with hidden underground structure, and a few others

Other bug fixes/tweaks

designations over z levels all at once now possible
unit screen divided into four sections
rivers/pools have ramps now
able to trade portions of stacks in both modes
messed with adv mode currency trading and made items teleport to you
tweaked how fire damage works
made vision work through floor grates and bars properly
fixed some road/bridge problems
crystal glass items possible again
tweaked adventure mode swimming and alt-movement readout (use alt-movement to get into a river you want to cross)
skeletons/zombies replaced by animation effect
demons masquerading as gods will try a little harder
restricted mandates so they'll be more reasonable
stopped blank map from being exported when you back out of detailed map export

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
The_root_of_all_evil said:
designations over z levels all at once now possible
rivers/pools have ramps now
fixed some road/bridge problems
restricted mandates so they'll be more reasonable
This looks like it will solve a few of the problems I was having...

Jimmybobjr

Aug 3, 2010
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee DF 2012 is out. Im just Necroing this thread to tell everyone. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
oooh. fancy new update! :D

and yeah i agree. the level of characterization as well as only having 1 player makes this far superior to Boatmurdered.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Jimmybobjr said:
Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee DF 2012 is out. Im just Necroing this thread to tell everyone. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
ASDFASDFASDF

Holycrapthisisthebestdayever.

adasdad

Aug 2, 2011
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DF20111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111112222222222222222222222222222222222

lupus_amens

Mar 2, 2011
'lupus_amens used thread necromancy!'

But seriously it's quiet around here, is everybody hooked on DF34/vampire dorfs?