Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Syndrome Conundrum

MrMoustaffa

Oct 3, 2010
Holy crap this is one of the most epic LP's I've ever read. I've been reading this over the past month, and the only other one I've seen that matches it would be the legendary boatmurdered thread Something Awful made years ago.

If the LP keeps going, feel free to add me as a dwarf. I highly expect to be the most useless migrant/child you get, so make sure to give me all of the hilariously dangerous/stupid/wacky ideas you can come up with. That or just hand me a stick and point me at some goblins, whatever works for you! :D

Keep up the awesome work man and good luck with college. It kicked my arse this semester so I can understand you having to wait for breaks to do updates. Hopefully you're doing better than I did!

Oh yeah, and you can do my name as "Mr.Moustaffa" or any variant of that that you feel is appropriate. Thanks for all the awesome reading material man!

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
killthenrun1 said:
Ninja can you ask him when he thinks he will be able to get back to us?
Also what does the rank Gone Gonzo mean?
Just a little bump for great justice.

Anyway, I reckon he's just busy with college for a bit. No doubt that he'll get back to this. He can't let us fans down eh?

Oh and Gone Gonzo doesn't really mean anything.

killthenrun1

Oct 2, 2011
Ok I thought it might have something to do with the forum.

Also if he accidentally then he would need to make the best ending journal ever.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
Losing the entire fort in some spectacular disaster would not cause him to hide in shame. This is Dwarf Fortress, after all.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
No I don't have an excuse for not updating the thread. Well I do have several excuses, but none of them are good. Let me sum them up; College, Skyrim, Blood Bowl, not wanting to spend all day in front of a computer, etc. You can basically chalk it up to real life issues and me being a lazy fuck. And I can tell you right now that there probably won't be an update anytime soon, as you can add the holidays to that list.

So why am I posting? Well basically I just want to say I haven't forgotten about the thread. I haven't given up on this LP and will see it through eventually. Maybe I'll, god forbid, spend a whole another fucking year doing it. However, I'm not going to force it into a shitty ending just to be done with it. Nor am I going to push out shitty updates just to make it go faster. The thread deserves better than that. I'm going to hold the remainder of the LP to my (admittedly low) standard of quality rather than force it to end as soon as possible.

So hang in there or something. For me, its back to studying and being a useless fuck.

killthenrun1 said:
I doubt he would give up without some kind of forewarning. He might be too busy with the SA:LP
What I do for the SA LP takes about 15 minutes tops. You're probably going to see me posting there a hell of a lot more often than here since its a thread I have a huge stake in without having to do any real work. And I post on SA alot more than here now becuase...well to be honest there's more there that interests me now. However, that isn't really a topic for this thread.

I haven't forgotten you guys though! Honest!

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Those are pretty good excuses to me.

and that just gave me the best idea ever. Skyrim: Dwemer Fortress.

Jimmybobjr

Aug 3, 2010
In The Elder Scrolls Lore, Dwermer ("Dwarves) Are actiualy Elves that lived underground. The Pointy EAred kind- Not really True Dwarves.

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Jimmybobjr said:
In The Elder Scrolls Lore, Dwermer ("Dwarves) Are actiualy Elves that lived underground. The Pointy EAred kind- Not really True Dwarves.
From what I recall, the reason they're called dwarves is becuase they were named by the giants, who of course thought they were abnormally short. Or something like that. The Elder Scrolls series doesn't actually have traditional dwarves in it.

Jimmybobjr

Aug 3, 2010
Internet Kraken said:
Jimmybobjr said:
From what I recall, the reason they're called dwarves is becuase they were named by the giants, who of course thought they were abnormally short. Or something like that. The Elder Scrolls series doesn't actually have traditional dwarves in it.
Yeah, they just seem to be Elves that wish they were Dwarves.

killthenrun1

Oct 2, 2011
Can you build a giant mechanical doomsday robot in a medieval age? No? Then I think they deserve to be honorary Dwarves.

Jimmybobjr

Aug 3, 2010
Actiualy, DF Dwarves can. Its just INCREDIBLY COMPLECATED, and only has a one-use basis. But notheless, 100 times more epic than a silly Centurion.

EDIT:

And i doubt Dwermer are able to capture a dragon in a Small wooden cage (Which was made by a complete apprentice, who has never even touched wood before) Drag the dragon which is over 1000 Times larger than them (Give/Take a million) All the way down into the bowels of the fortress and TAME the dragon by giving it a cat.

I also doubt Dwermer are able to weaponize baby Turkies. Simply lock about 100 Turkeys into a 1x1 Meter square room, so that they get Reallllly Mad and open the door when goblins arrive. The Turkeys will spill out of the room and immediately peck the invaders to death out of anger.

I continue to doubt that Dwermer are also capable of handling a entire invasion force of invading, mounted and decked out armor Single Handedly with nothing other than a Coffin made out of Iron as thier main weapon. I also doubt that these Dwerver use newborn babies as SHIELDS when running into combat, only to become sad because a baby died.

Expanding on the Baby idea, i also doubt Dwermer can breed by spores (Which DF dwarves do - Lock a female in a room a mile underground, and somehow, someway, that dwarf will have children) and not even notice they were 1) Pregnant in the first place and 2) That they have Given Birth until they walk several meters away from the newborn child

Overall, my point is, is that Dwermer arent dwarves. They are elves. With Robots. Big woop.

:p

EDIT 2:

In addition, Dwarves, in the first year of existence, have complete knowledge of Advanced Mechanics, Smelting, Architecture and Art. Dwermer likely took thousands of years to learn the same things.

Also, is it "Turkies" or "Turkeys"?

(And the Autocorrect keeps trying to change "Dwarves" to "Wharves")

killthenrun1

Oct 2, 2011
You win this round ... and all the other rounds.

It is Turkeys and I wish I was good enough at DF to be able to do all that.

Jimmybobjr

Aug 3, 2010
killthenrun1 said:
You win this round ... and all the other rounds.

It is Turkeys and I wish I was good enough at DF to be able to do all that.
Dont feel bad, i cant do alot of that too. Although, i did change the Turkeys to Guinea Pigs. Not nearly as effective, but a million times more entertaining.

Poor Gobbos had no idea what happened.

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
Judging by the DF Let's Plays I've read, that wouldn't surprise me if that was an official feature.