Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Syndrome Conundrum

Mrmac23

Aug 12, 2011
My name is Mr. Mac Twentifree. I am a wandering dwarf of a fortress long-gone in years past. It was lost to the ravages of what lies beneath the world: that place that the idiotic non-understanding beings refer to as the "circus". I have heard of the famous Commander Root in the Mountainhomes, a vicious one-armed warrior commmanding the millitary of the duchy known as Reveredtour. She is known for being completely psychotic, both in battle and out. I shall show her that there are some beings in the world that can outclass even her. I shall impart my knowledge of the creatures beneath us to her. I shall tell every last detail of what i saw happen to that fort. I shall show this fortress what madness truly is. ON THE DAY THAT I REACH REVEREDTOUR, YOU WILL ALL. COME. AND SEE. THE BLOOD.

Or maybe i'll just get assigned to hauling like Urist McUseless.

tl;dr: Dwarf me please.

killthenrun1

Oct 2, 2011
Hey get in line! You are not the only drawf who wants to cause untold misery and destruction to the drawfs of Reveredtour! Or be a useless hauler.

Ridonculous_Ninja

Apr 15, 2009
Something Awful is invading the LP I see.

Also yes, a distinctly out of place positive update here. Goblins will siege next time for sure then. =P

Krysmphoenix

Nov 3, 2011
Ridonculous_Ninja said:
Something Awful is invading the LP I see.
Well, invading isn't the best term. He posted in a thread asking if he could use some of our usernames. I've been reading this LP for a while, so I tossed my name in too.

Looks like I'm a female dwarf again. Third time in a row. Oh well, this gives me another chance to have dwarf babies. Need to beat my record of six.

killthenrun1

Oct 2, 2011
I will try not to fangasm at seeing all the amazing people from SA's DF LP (Am I the only one who thinks that, that is too many acronyms?

Also where am I on the drawfing list Kraken?

Feb 13, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
EDIT: I don't know what to say. It works fine for me and other people. I have no idea what the issue would be.
It was weird. I couldn't get the first picture at all for a good four hours, then it appeared.

Think it was something to do with the hoster.

killthenrun1

Oct 2, 2011
Not the Hats! AHHHHHHH Ahgarbulagabah there on my head! my head! AHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHHhhhurgh!
There are wearing her then they are going to wear me!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH MMMMMMMMMMYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Blaze Beyer

Jan 31, 2011
O_O just spent the last three days reading everything... and i must say... quite a feat :) ya got me to pick up dwarf fortress and get my friend to play as well xP and with that... i must ask to be dwarfed :D Blaze please if at all possible

adasdad

Aug 2, 2011
Mrmac23 said:
Urist McHeavy has created Sasha, an iron minigun!
the -heavy weapons guy- fires sasha
the *lead bullet* hits the goblin in the upper body tearing apart the skin, tearing apart the fat, and tearing apart the muscle
the *lead bullet* hits the goblin in the upper body tearing apart the skin, tearing apart the fat, and tearing apart the muscle

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
So eventually one of these updates is just going to be "Everyone got sick and died"? That would be rather anticlimactic.

Johnn Johnston

May 4, 2008
Aidinthel said:
So eventually one of these updates is just going to be "Everyone got sick and died"? That would be rather anticlimactic.
Not if a quarantine is set up for the new migrants. Perhaps it'll blow over, perhaps not. Either way, I still think it's going to be a monster onslaught that'll do for Reveredtour.

Feb 13, 2008
Aidinthel said:
You know that wouldn't stop FemRoot. And Stinthad would still be worrying about it. :)

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
hey Kraken whats happened to Goden? she seems to have vanished...

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
TheSilverTeen said:
Well... I just made a world and I need a beginners guide... Help?
This [http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Quickstart_guide] is the one I used, and I've only died a few times!

Also, requesting dorfing, if still applicable.