Let's Play Pokemon Sapphire: Monotype Challenge!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
CroMagnon said:
S.R.S. said:
GO GOD GO [SUB]XIII[/SUB]

Who's going to be the HM slave?
Oh shi... nincada maybe? I might need a few duplicate pokemon.
Why not just use a Zigzagoon and its evolution. It's not like you're allowed to FIGHT with it.

Surskit should be named MASQUEREIN, in preparation for its evolution!

Use it. Intimidate will help SOOOOOOOOOOOO much.

CroMagnon

Dec 7, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
CroMagnon said:
S.R.S. said:
GO GOD GO [SUB]XIII[/SUB]

Who's going to be the HM slave?
Oh shi... nincada maybe? I might need a few duplicate pokemon.
Why not just use a Zigzagoon and its evolution. It's not like you're allowed to FIGHT with it.

Surskit should be named MASQUEREIN, in preparation for its evolution!

Use it. Intimidate will help SOOOOOOOOOOOO much.
Well... I was not planning on letting it evolve for a little while. Its my only water type.

O277 said:
Surskit should be called Skippy Mcgee,

Don't ask why, it just should be :)
Sorry, I've already named him Strider... Well, the next pokemon I'm catching will be a Nincada, what would you name him?
rabidmidget said:
If only this was diamond/pearl, then you could use the awesomeness that is vespiquen
I've never actually got a Vespiqueen. What are they like?

ANYWAY: SMALL UPDATE TIME

Woot! I've got 3 pokemon in my team now! Time to train up Strider!

Take down that Zigzagoon, Strider! What move should we use...

Wow. Killer move set there, Strider.

At least you level up fast.

Really fast... (I can't be bothered screen capping the battles with wild pokemon)

Yay! I think its time to take on a trainer!

Yeah, but I am awesome! Your going down!

A Pooch? Nothing can beat my Strider! Use bubble!

Ha, didn't even break a sweat.
And then...

AHH! MY MORTAL ENEMY! Go Dr.McNinja! You can take the sucker down, I hope...

HANG IN THERE PAL!

Awesome, I knew I could count on you!

Ah, my next victim!

Zigzagoon? No sweat.

Awesome! He learnt Quick Attack!

Now, onto the next town, the place where my dad has a gym. Lets go check up on him!

Hi dad! How are ya?

*Fade out*
*Fade in*

Well, my dad told me to take on Roxxane, the gym leader in the next town. I'll do that after I've trained my pokemon! Rocky montage!

Well, thats that over with. All my pokemon are now pretty good! Time to go take on that forest place!

Strider (Surskit) level 8
Dr.McNinja (Scyther) level 10
GodOfWorms (Dustox) level 10

end_boss

Jan 4, 2008
CroMagnon said:
I'm not sure if they're great for competitive battle, but they're awesome as a part of your adventuring party. She gets three signature moves, all specific to Vespiquens exclusively. One is Attack Order, which is (if I recall correctly) 90 damage, plus STAB. And basically, she shoots bees at you (combees to be precise, but still)! Defend Order boosts your defense stat, and Heal Order recovers HP, leaving you one slot for whatever.

And it doesn't matter who you are; anytime you're compared to a magical hand that shoots bees...

hardband

Nov 21, 2009
Call your nincada The Big Ninny! Or just Ninny :p

Also are there any instruction on how to use the hacking stuff?

hardband

Nov 21, 2009
end_boss said:
CroMagnon said:
I'm not sure if they're great for competitive battle, but they're awesome as a part of your adventuring party. She gets three signature moves, all specific to Vespiquens exclusively. One is Attack Order, which is (if I recall correctly) 90 damage, plus STAB. And basically, she shoots bees at you (combees to be precise, but still)! Defend Order boosts your defense stat, and Heal Order recovers HP, leaving you one slot for whatever.

And it doesn't matter who you are; anytime you're compared to a magical hand that shoots bees...
You can only get them on diamond and pearl, can't you?

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
S.R.S. said:
Scyther the ninja pokemon. You shall call him Dr. McNinja.

Also good luck on your run... you'll need it
bonus for the Grey's Anatomy reference.

OT: Call the Surskit "the Joker" and the Nincada "Ninny", I like that.

end_boss

Jan 4, 2008
hardband said:
end_boss said:
CroMagnon said:

Not sure. Pearl is the only Pokemon game I've played, and might be the only one I ever will play. I love the game, I play the crap out of the game, I still play it and raise new teams, but it's an experience I would rather contain and confine rather than expand and allow to consume me. LOL

hardband

Nov 21, 2009
end_boss said:
hardband said:
end_boss said:
CroMagnon said:

Not sure. Pearl is the only Pokemon game I've played, and might be the only one I ever will play. I love the game, I play the crap out of the game, I still play it and raise new teams, but it's an experience I would rather contain and confine rather than expand and allow to consume me. LOL
Let it consume you in all its glory to make you become addicted to all pokemon games as they slowly consume your being! Seriously though you should buy HG/SS amazing pokemon games!

Overlord59

Jun 17, 2009
...if you complete this challenge with only bug types I will admire you for the rest of my life. Good luck and I look forward to the next installment.

deth2munkies

Jan 28, 2009
I did Emerald mono-bug. Shedinja ftw.

(Bug/Ghost that cannot be damaged by any non-supereffective attacks, but has 1 max HP).

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
IdealistCommi said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
You'll NEVER go first.

Do it for something terrible.

DO POISON!
Or Ghost, and make use of the full 18 pokemon it offers.

And I like Poison.
You must admit, it is a bad type. I like it, too.

So, its perfect! You like Poison! It'll be a fun challenge!

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
CroMagnon said:
Jeremy Hanna said:
How do you get advanced starter?
http://hackpokemon.weebly.com/

You can also get a map hack to change the maps in pokemon games. Yeah, its pretty cool.
I'm confused, do I need anything already installed (like, the game or something)?