Let's Play Pokemon Sapphire: Monotype Challenge!

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
FactualSquirrel said:
CroMagnon said:
Jeremy Hanna said:
How do you get advanced starter?
http://hackpokemon.weebly.com/

You can also get a map hack to change the maps in pokemon games. Yeah, its pretty cool.
I'm confused, do I need anything already installed (like, the game or something)?
I too am confused. Also, how legally questionable is this should I do it myself? >_>

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
Amnestic said:
FactualSquirrel said:
CroMagnon said:
Jeremy Hanna said:

You can also get a map hack to change the maps in pokemon games. Yeah, its pretty cool.
I'm confused, do I need anything already installed (like, the game or something)?
I too am confused. Also, how legally questionable is this should I do it myself? >_>
That is also a good point, although I've no other way of doing it, it still seems on the wrong side of legal.

CroMagnon

Dec 7, 2009
Amnestic said:
FactualSquirrel said:
CroMagnon said:
Jeremy Hanna said:

FactualSquirrel said:
CroMagnon said:
Jeremy Hanna said:

You just open a pokemon rom in it (file, open ROM), and the chose the starter pokemon you want, then save.
I own a copy of Pokemon sapphire, so i think is okay for me.

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
CroMagnon said:
You just open a pokemon rom in it (file, open ROM), and the chose the starter pokemon you want, then save.
I own two copies of Pokémon Sapphire, but I still don't know if it's entirely legal.

Ahh well, I'll check the stuff tomorrow, I'm downloading mods for Oblivion right now.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
FactualSquirrel said:
CroMagnon said:
I own two copies of Pokémon Sapphire, but I still don't know if it's entirely legal.

Ahh well, I'll check the stuff tomorrow, I'm downloading mods for Oblivion right now.
It's illegal.

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp

Somewhere in that mess.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
IdealistCommi said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
LOOK AT ME
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I got Gulpin as my starter.

Swalot is the best poison type fuck yes
Doing Ice, Snorunt (one of the only 4 pure Ice types) as a starter.

CroMagnon

Dec 7, 2009
Amnestic said:
IdealistCommi said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
LOOK AT ME

Doing Ice, Snorunt (one of the only 4 pure Ice types) as a starter.
IdealistCommi said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
LOOK AT ME

Could you guys tell me which versons you are using? because look out you guys, starters on the GBA whos evolutions dont apear untill you get a national dex, they WONT evolve.
Thats why I chose 3 non evolving(ish) pokemon.

Also, screw the system!

PhantomCritic

May 9, 2009
Scyther, best bug pokemon ever for me, just don't evolve it to keep the awesomeness going. XD
Hope you win the challenge!

CroMagnon

Dec 7, 2009
IdealistCommi said:
CroMagnon said:
Could you guys tell me which versons you are using? because look out you guys, starters on the GBA whos evolutions dont apear untill you get a national dex, they WONT evolve.
Thats why I chose 3 non evolving(ish) pokemon.

Also, screw the system!
Sapphire.

Seviper > Zangoose
Hum... do you want me to "record" your adventure in the first post? You know, your poketeam and badges and were you are at the moment.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
CroMagnon said:
Leaf Green.

Also, blast!

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Nice, I've never played any ones newer than 2nd gen. All my mates have them too, and still play eachother all the time and train up new teams.

I'd love to play newer games, but I don't really want a DS. How much can you pick up a GBA for these days?

Azraellod

Dec 23, 2008
TheRightToArmBears said:
Nice, I've never played any ones newer than 2nd gen. All my mates have them too, and still play eachother all the time and train up new teams.

I'd love to play newer games, but I don't really want a DS. How much can you pick up a GBA for these days?
If you believe ebay, then pretty cheap. I just had a quick search around on it, and there was quite a lot of Advances/SPs going for under ten pounds.

In shops I imagine it'll be a bit more expensive, but I'm pretty sure I've recently seen some for about twenty pounds or so, so it still shouldn't be too difficult.

GoWithDAFro

Feb 18, 2010
You should nickname that Nincada The Claw. And i hope you realize you cant evolve that surskit until you teach it surf. Good Luck with your run, especially since, if memory serves, there aren't any bugs past the place east of Rustboro until the safari Zone

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
FactualSquirrel said:
CroMagnon said:

It's illegal.

http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp

Somewhere in that mess.
"A copyright is an exclusive right granted to an author of a literary, musical, audiovisual or artistic work, giving the author the sole right to reproduce and distribute that work."

Well, if I find somewhere with Nintendo giving it away I'll have got around it, but I'll try and find some loophole somewhere.