Let's Play Pokemon Sapphire: Monotype Challenge!

CroMagnon

Dec 7, 2009
MINI UPDATE!

Time to leave this crappy town and take on some stronger trainers!

Humf! You and your snazzy blazer, I'll bring you back to reality! Go bug pokemon!

Ha, a couple of quick attacks and his only pokemon is down.

Ah, the next trainer/victim!

:eek: A fellow bug enthusiast! Let see what my main competition will be...

GASP! Six pokemon! This could be a gruelling fight!

Or not...
Just look at that image six times and you'll know how the fight went.

And now... THE CUTSCENE

I see...

DAMN STRAIGHT! GO BUG POKEMON!

*One fight later*

Okay. Then, after fighting another few pokemon, I leave the forest, but not before gaining the TM Seed thingy.

Axzarious

Feb 18, 2010
Just out of curiosity, but how did you mod whatever emulator you are using to alter the 3 starters?

end_boss

Jan 4, 2008
hardband said:
end_boss said:
hardband said:
end_boss said:
CroMagnon said:
I've never actually got a Vespiqueen. What are they like?
I'm not sure if they're great for competitive battle, but they're awesome as a part of your adventuring party. She gets three signature moves, all specific to Vespiquens exclusively. One is Attack Order, which is (if I recall correctly) 90 damage, plus STAB. And basically, she shoots bees at you (combees to be precise, but still)! Defend Order boosts your defense stat, and Heal Order recovers HP, leaving you one slot for whatever.

And it doesn't matter who you are; anytime you're compared to a magical hand that shoots bees...
You can only get them on diamond and pearl, can't you?
Not sure. Pearl is the only Pokemon game I've played, and might be the only one I ever will play. I love the game, I play the crap out of the game, I still play it and raise new teams, but it's an experience I would rather contain and confine rather than expand and allow to consume me. LOL
Let it consume you in all its glory to make you become addicted to all pokemon games as they slowly consume your being! Seriously though you should buy HG/SS amazing pokemon games!
I was sorely tempted for a while there, but then I heard that Black and White are coming out soon enough, anyway. And then not long after that, I'll bet they'll have Grey with better features AGAIN. I don't like getting caught in these traps where I'm always made to feel like my games are going obsolete every few months or a year.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
KingTeabag said:
A wild Metapod!
We should catch it!

And then name it Penis,
Penis uses Harden!

(yeah, I copied that joke from VG Cats, but I just couldn't resist.)

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
Arqus_Zed said:
A wild Metapod!
We should catch it!

And then name it Penis,
Penis uses Harden!

(yeah, I copied that joke from VG Cats, but I just couldn't resist.)
That joke is so overdone. That's why I named my Metapod Shaft. I get the best of both worlds. I still get the "Shaft used Harden" hahaha and when it evolves and I forget Harden, I can say "That Butterfree is one bad mutha-" and then three women will randomly tell me to keep my mouth shut, then change course and say they dig it when I tell them I'm just talking about Shaft.

CroMagnon

Dec 7, 2009
UPDATE

Okay, my plan to take on Roxxane goes s follows...

Train up Strider so he can take down Roxxanes first pokemon, Geodude, in one hit, or so he can tank a rock throw or a rock tomb.

The second part, training up BigNinny (my new female Nincada) so she can tank 5 or more hits. She knows 'harden' and 'sand attack', a key feature in my plan.

(During this time I caught a Cascoon and called him Fouter, 'cause I love my Scottish slang)

Okay, I think my team is ready. Stick to the plan guys, stick to the plan.

Those trainers were a piece of cake. Strider took care of them with one blow each.

Cue Dramatic battle!

Okay, all going as planed so far. All I need to do now is kill that in one hit.

DAMN-IT! He survived! Gaaah!

Phew, thank god Strider could take Rock throw.

The second attack finishes him off nicely.

Now its BigNinnys turn to shine.

The plan is going perfectly. I've maxed out Ninnys defence, so now I can work on Nosepasses Accuracy. (Used a potion on Ninny, he was looking a little weak.)

Perfect! Now to heal up Strider and send him in to take down Nosepass!

GAH! NO!

Strider is hit by a Rock Throw! Come on buddy, tank it!

Phew... Thank god.

Now the sand attacks begin to kick in. He fails to land one more hit on Strider.

And he falls to the awesomeness of Bubble.

Yay! A level up!

ONTO THE NEXT ADVENTURE!!!!

hardband

Nov 21, 2009
end_boss said:
hardband said:
end_boss said:
hardband said:
end_boss said:
CroMagnon said:
I've never actually got a Vespiqueen. What are they like?
I'm not sure if they're great for competitive battle, but they're awesome as a part of your adventuring party. She gets three signature moves, all specific to Vespiquens exclusively. One is Attack Order, which is (if I recall correctly) 90 damage, plus STAB. And basically, she shoots bees at you (combees to be precise, but still)! Defend Order boosts your defense stat, and Heal Order recovers HP, leaving you one slot for whatever.

And it doesn't matter who you are; anytime you're compared to a magical hand that shoots bees...
You can only get them on diamond and pearl, can't you?
Not sure. Pearl is the only Pokemon game I've played, and might be the only one I ever will play. I love the game, I play the crap out of the game, I still play it and raise new teams, but it's an experience I would rather contain and confine rather than expand and allow to consume me. LOL
Let it consume you in all its glory to make you become addicted to all pokemon games as they slowly consume your being! Seriously though you should buy HG/SS amazing pokemon games!
I was sorely tempted for a while there, but then I heard that Black and White are coming out soon enough, anyway. And then not long after that, I'll bet they'll have Grey with better features AGAIN. I don't like getting caught in these traps where I'm always made to feel like my games are going obsolete every few months or a year.
Better not tell you about the DS :p

end_boss

Jan 4, 2008
hardband said:
Oh, I'm aware. But I'm not giving up my current DSLite. I got the red-and-black version pretty much as soon as it came out, and sometime later (after warranty already expired) I bought a casing off the net and customized it to be yellow and black (my favourite colour combination).

The same way I didn't let my DS's backwards compatibility feature replace my 20th Anniversary Gameboy Micro, I will not let the next system (3DS?) replace my DS.

Bottom line, I have no interest in the DSi or the DSiXL or whatever that one is called.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Update from the Ice-Guy:
Just acquired the Silph Scope
4 Badgers (Rock, Water, Thunder, Grass)

Battle Team Consists of:
Level 51 Snorunt

HM Team Consists of:

Level 14 Farfetch'd (Cut, Fly)
(Retired) Level 10 Meowth (Flash)

------------------

Should be able to get myself a Jynx once I finish up in Pokémon Tower. Wanted to get myself a Cloister but apparently that's Fire Red only and I'm on Leaf Green. Will aim for a Dewgong for Surf purposes.

Having only one Pokémon makes battles easy as pie since I'm so overlevelled, but I wish I didn't need the National Pokédex to turn him into a Glalie :<

hardband

Nov 21, 2009
end_boss said:
hardband said:
Oh, I'm aware. But I'm not giving up my current DSLite. I got the red-and-black version pretty much as soon as it came out, and sometime later (after warranty already expired) I bought a casing off the net and customized it to be yellow and black (my favourite colour combination).

The same way I didn't let my DS's backwards compatibility feature replace my 20th Anniversary Gameboy Micro, I will not let the next system (3DS?) replace my DS.

Bottom line, I have no interest in the DSi or the DSiXL or whatever that one is called.
Yeah thats for the best although i'm on the DSi because my DS was smashed against a wall my Lites screen is cracked and i had to get a new DS except i didn't buy it. I will probably get a 3DS if the 3D actually works. Which would be the first time i got a console for graphics!

OT: Hope the next part is soon!

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
Bookmarked!

NEED MORE NOWWW!!111!

Ok now being serious, bug-type is going to be one pain in the ass...
looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Update from Ice-Guy (and maybe a sneakybump):
Just acquired 8th Badger from Giovanni

Battle Team:
Level 59 Dewgong
Level 56 Jynx
Level 60 Snorunt

HM Team:
Level 25 Lapras (Strength, Surf)

Edit:
Elite 4+Champion Defeated. National Pokédex Acquired.

Battle Team:
Level 71 Dewgong
Level 62 Snorunt
Level 60 Jynx

HM Team:

CroMagnon

Dec 7, 2009
Amnestic said:
Update from Ice-Guy (and maybe a sneakybump):

Edit:
Elite 4+Champion Defeated. National Pokédex Acquired.

Battle Team:
Level 71 Dewgong
Level 62 Snorunt
Level 60 Jynx

HM Team:
Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaat?
How did you finish it so fast? And shouldn't your Snorunt have evolved?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
CroMagnon said:
Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaat?
How did you finish it so fast? And shouldn't your Snorunt have evolved?
Since my Dewgong and Jynx were both obtained via trade, they recieved boosted exp meaning they levelled a lot faster. Because I've always hated how slow pokémon plays (especially the intro which always seems to take forever) I have my emulator set to run at *2 speed which significantly speeds the walking and conversations up. Also you should see her little legs run. Neeeeowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Anyway, ingame time says I debut'd in the Hall of Fame in 22 hours, 46 minutes and 30 seconds.

Also Lorelei was such a ***** to beat with my pokemans. After her it was pretty easy - Bruno had things like Onix, Agatha had things like Golbat, Lance had...well, dragons in general and the only real obstacle from Rival Prick was his Allakhazam which had an addiction to Psychic and high speed.

Caught a Moltres. Pissing about on the Sevii Islands (or however you spell it) now. Gonna try to get at least Dewgong to level 100.

And as for Snorunt not evolving, he required the National Pokédex to turn into Glalie, and you don't get that until you reload after the credits post-Elite 4, which meant I had to run around getting him one more level as Snorunt. He's a Glalie now though.

Jeremy Hanna

Mar 20, 2010
CroMagnon said:
Jeremy Hanna said:
How do you get advanced starter?
http://hackpokemon.weebly.com/

You can also get a map hack to change the maps in pokemon games. Yeah, its pretty cool.
Do you have to do something special for Mac compared to PC?

Bradfucius

Oct 20, 2008
There are actually some really good bug types like Heracross, Scizor, Forretress, Shedinja, and Ninjask