Let's point out silly double standards!

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Stemer said:
I agree, that annoys me as well. Here's an example I can think off.
All throughout ME2 and ME3 you kill hundreds of Cerberus soldiers who probably don't want to fight much. Yet when you finally get the chance to kill their leader, it's renegade for you to kill him. Dafuq!

Samantha Burt

Jan 30, 2012
Muspelheim said:
Homosexuality is wrong, because it says so in the Bible. Abominable, even. Harrumpf!

It also says in the Bible that you're not allowed to wear clothes made out of two different materials. Oh, that's just a metaphore or something, don't bother...
I was thinking something similar along the lines of wanting the freedom to practice and talk about your religion openly, but for two men or women engaging in consensual intimacy to hide away/ change who they are/ die, etc. |:

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
Came into this thread purely out of curiosity over how long it would take to derail into arguments about sexism/gender warfare.

Found it derailed into an argument about ponies almost immediately.

Should've seen it coming, really. All we need is some kind of Ponies/Sexism super post and it'll consume the website.

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
BloatedGuppy said:
Came into this thread purely out of curiosity over how long it would take to derail into arguments about sexism/gender warfare.

Found it derailed into an argument about ponies almost immediately.

Should've seen it coming, really. All we need is some kind of Ponies/Sexism super post and it'll consume the website.
Well, only a few posts were about ponies. The rest were good, OP abiding posts.

Strain42

Mar 2, 2009
"Hey, that is a double standard! Only women are allowed to get upset about double standards!" ~ Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
That if a guy who is physically a lot smaller than me starts a fight with me and I punch him, the guy deserved it. If a woman who is a lot smaller than me starts a fight with me and I punch her, I'm basically a serial-killer.

Also, slut-shaming. That shit is irritating: if people enjoy sex and they're doing it in a safe environment and taking all the precautions that are necessary, what's so wrong about it? I understand that it's generally easier for women to get laid than men, but why does ease make it less acceptable?

Michael Nicolayeff

Jan 18, 2012
People take money out of their wallets all the time, but when I take money out of their wallets, they get all mad and punchy. SO NOT FAIR. If they can do it why can't I?

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
malestrithe said:
the Kinect, it is called an innovative device
Has anyone ever really said that, though?

Oh Tea: My point is actually the same as yours, mate; when I was still at school, everyone looked down on people who played anything other than CoD or Fifa, because it meant that if you played anything other than those two mainstream titles, you were "addicetd", and had no life whatsoever. Then, these people went and either watched Television for hours on end, or played fucking CoD or Fifa!

Edit: It actually just occurred to me. A little while ago, before I deleted my Facebook Account, I a girl I had on my "Friends" List, for some reason, tried to argue with me. She said I was a geek who had no life at all, because I play Vidya and like Sci-fi. When you looked at her profile, though, for the last three weeks or so, she'd made over 50 updates a day.

I'm not kdding. I wish I was. That's over one thousand and fifty posts. In three weeks.

wat

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
A Raging Emo said:
malestrithe said:
the Kinect, it is called an innovative device
Has anyone ever really said that, though?

Oh Tea: My point is actually the same as yours, mate; when I was still at school, everyone looked down on people who played anything other than CoD or Fifa, because it meant that if you played anything other than those two mainstream titles, you were "addicetd", and had no life whatsoever. Then, these people went and either watched Television for hours on end, or played fucking CoD or Fifa!
I've been a part of these pro kinect discussions before. Admittedly, my experience is limited and it could be called a hyperactive baby toy by most.

I was just reminded of something else that annoys me.

Star Wars for Kinect is essentially a officially licensed Star Wars fanservice project, but it gets shitted upon because Lucas gave his blessing for it. This is bad, but the same stuff can appear on Robot Chicken, youtube or a million other video sites and it is applauded.

I'm Han Solo is terrible, but not any worse than other things I've seen over the last decade.

Tallim

Mar 16, 2010
Buretsu said:
Everytime someone uses Freedom of Religion to force others to follow their beliefs.
Yeah this sort of thing.

This springs to mind:

And there are an absolute ton of double standards in the boss/employee dynamic.

Alternative

Jun 2, 2010
I hate double standards i mean the goverment executes people all the time,
yet i go on one little killing spree and i get called a mass murderer.

on a serious note Sexuality, Drug laws and religion has ludacris amounts of double standards sometime

and dont forget politics, i would be willing to bet that everything in politics is a double standard in one way or another

Dr. Octogonopus

Aug 31, 2010
Women: "Why do all men leave the toilet seat up? Its not that hard to flip the seat down."
Me: "soooo...why don't you do it yourself?"

Apr 28, 2008
Vault101 said:
when I was in highschool (all girls) the world of sex and all that because VERY confusing

being a "slut" is bad....but being "fridged" is also bad?

its ok for guys to sleep around but when girls do its bad?

wait...having sex is "good" but it can also be bad and somthing to be ridiculed for and can get you lebelled a slut? YOUR the slut not him?.

...waaaaaahhh?
Tell me about it.

I mean, you have sex with a bunch of guys, and you're a slut.

But if I do it, I'm a homosexual.

It's bullshit I tell you.

Apr 28, 2008
Tallim said:
Buretsu said:
Everytime someone uses Freedom of Religion to force others to follow their beliefs.
Yeah this sort of thing.

This springs to mind:

And there are an absolute ton of double standards in the boss/employee dynamic.
That comic is absolute gold.

Duskflamer

Nov 8, 2009
malestrithe said:
I'm Han Solo is terrible, but not any worse than other things I've seen over the last decade.
I'm Han Solo is the most hilariously bad thing that has come into existence in a long while. Same goes for that entire dancing segment of the game really, it's horrifying at first but you watch it long enough and you can't stop laughing at it!

Wonder how inflammatory this topic is around here but I've seen creationists arguing along the lines of "Well you can't prove that Evolution is what created us so therefore you're wrong and we're right!"