Let's rage about gamers

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
lacktheknack said:
And here I was, learning Russian, and I was going to use Russian gaming forums to help me practice.

Thanks for the heads up, I guess?
Oh, and don't even try to mention that you're from North America. American, Canadian, majority of them still believe that it's Cold War.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
IllumInaTIma said:
lacktheknack said:
And here I was, learning Russian, and I was going to use Russian gaming forums to help me practice.

Oh, and don't even try to mention that you're from North America. American, Canadian, majority of them still believe that it's Cold War.
Well, that's going to make the missionary trip I'm taking next year all the more interesting. Maybe I'll skip the Canadian flag after all and learn a damn good Russian accent.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
lacktheknack said:
IllumInaTIma said:
lacktheknack said:

Well, that's going to make the missionary trip I'm taking next year all the more interesting. Maybe I'll skip the Canadian flag after all and learn a damn good Russian accent.
Oh, wait, that doesn't apply to Russian per se, but to majority of Russian gamers. Russians are quite nice generally.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
IllumInaTIma said:
lacktheknack said:
IllumInaTIma said:
lacktheknack said:

Oh, wait, that doesn't apply to Russian per se, but to majority of Russian gamers. Russians are quite nice generally.

Man, what happened to the Russian gamers? Do they just hate the "Kill All The Russians" games that come out nowadays?

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
lacktheknack said:
IllumInaTIma said:
lacktheknack said:
IllumInaTIma said:
lacktheknack said:

Man, what happened to the Russian gamers? Do they just hate the "Kill All The Russians" games that come out nowadays?
Well, I imagine that Russian game community basically grew in an isolation. Low average income, high console and game prices, ignore from major game publishers and rampant piracy created an amazing little world. But, what hurts me most is that Russian game market has an incredible potential! There are tons of incredibly talented programmers and no one makes Turn Based Strategies better than Russians.

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
I don't really have any problems with other gamers because i don't really interact with them. I'm all for slapping someone down for waffling a load of shit (and indeed that works back at me aswell at times) but really other peoples opinions on games tend to not revolve around challenge like my own and thus they don't hold any substance for me. Cry over the story all you want. Moan about the colours. Shit razor blades instead of having your hand held...difficulty is my thing.

But for the sake of saying something on the subject i'll point the finger at myself and say that i hate myself because the way i destroy games makes my friends and others look like fucking amateurs. Toot toot :p

Kyrdra

May 19, 2013
wombat_of_war said:
the lemming train on the south east asian server for world of tanks. apparently the latest hobby is for your entire team to all go one way
That is on every WoT server the case and don't let people tell you that it is better on NA/RU/EU. I have played on all of them and the difference is the language used

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
For me it is Battletech fans. (do I really need to say "not all of them" because at this point in the thread I feel that it is already painfully obvious/redundant)

The newest official Mechwarrior game since 2002 is Mechwarrior: Online and the Battletech elitists are a fucking joke! They essentially defend the game and every single one of its fucking weaknesses and blatantly broken mechanics with vile vehementy then immediately do a 180 heal spin and decry all of its faster pace and un-battletech like gameplay mechanics that do not translate into realtime gameplay or will make it too niche to be remotely marketable.

Another is 60-75 percent of the MWO forum community which is a faceless douchebasket.

QQ
Would like some more Cheese with that Whine?
L2P-Single sentence statements to shutdown any complaint, no matter how legitimate, about the game.

Lastly a large portion of the community suffer from a group mentality over the proper way to play the game no matter how much it hurts others experiences, pseudo-intellectualism and pretentiousness through gross verbosity and through big words or literary concepts. They did not win the argument through logic, just big words, hypocrisy, and one getting hammered from every direction by the collective bucket.

If you are from the forums and are not at all like that or do not see it as often as I have then you do not need to tell me. Consider yourself OK and having experienced the better parts of the forum/game.

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
SeventhSigil said:
Roxor said:
SeventhSigil said:
-trimmed-
Your experience with that gaming forum sounds uncannily like dealing with religious fundamentalists or climate change deniers.
You have NO idea. I was literally starting to see some of them write like some sort of cult. 'This shall be the Future of Gamers, and the unwise shall be left behind in our wake. We know not to be sad, for in time they will see the error of their ways and join us in the Future, but we must pay no attention to those who betray us, for the herd needs thinning.' Just got creepy. ._.
Yeesh. That does sound creepy!

Soopy

Jul 15, 2011
I dislike the type of gamer who opens forum posts with "False" or "Wrong", and then proceed to spew vitriolic diatribe.

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
Soopy said:
I dislike the type of gamer who opens forum posts with "False" or "Wrong", and then proceed to spew vitriolic diatribe.
Seconded. I would like to add people who use the term "objectively" when talking about their opinion and have thread titles such as "X is a bad game!" or my personal favorite "Can we all stop pretending to like X now?".

Soopy

Jul 15, 2011
ImmortalDrifter said:
Soopy said:
Seconded. I would like to add people who use the term "objectively" when talking about their opinion and have thread titles such as "X is a bad game!" or my personal favorite "Can we all stop pretending to like X now?".
Oh god yes. I forgot all about them threads... Those sorts often make me lose quite a lot of enthusiasm for this hobby.

Jack Joe Tip Toe

Jul 19, 2010
I hate most PC gamers with a passion. "OH YOU LIKE CONSOLES?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? PC MASTER RACE." I have never been a true PC gamer due to the lack of any real games that I would want to play on it. But even on forums about PS3 or Xbox 360 games I still see "LOL THIS GAMES SUCKS PC MASTER RACE." And most of them think graphics make the game. WHEN GRAPHICS DON'T MEAN SHIT TO THE GAME! Saints Row 2 and Deadly Premonition both looks like ass, but I would rather play those two games than Crysis any day of the fucking week! I don't hate all PC gamers, just the "PC MASTER RACE" ones. Fuck them.

Soopy

Jul 15, 2011
Jack Joe Tip Toe said:
I hate most PC gamers with a passion. "OH YOU LIKE CONSOLES?! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? PC MASTER RACE." I have never been a true PC gamer due to the lack of any real games that I would want to play on it. But even on forums about PS3 or Xbox 360 games I still see "LOL THIS GAMES SUCKS PC MASTER RACE." And most of them think graphics make the game. WHEN GRAPHICS DON'T MEAN SHIT TO THE GAME! Saints Row 2 and Deadly Premonition both looks like ass, but I would rather play those two games than Crysis any day of the fucking week! I don't hate all PC gamers, just the "PC MASTER RACE" ones. Fuck them.
"PC Master race" seems to be used sarcastically these days. PC gamers making fun of themselves.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
BQE said:
It's pretty easy to reproduce the sentiments found here with those two:
Indeed. We've had people do such with Game of Thrones on this site pretty recently. Both sides of the coin, actually.

What counstantly counfounds me with games, movies, music, art, and books is that no matter how strong your feelings are or how much effort was put into the piece, utltimately there is no universal judge for these things.
I disagree. My opinion is law.

...But seriously, I can't exactly comprehend these rage wars, either. Then again, I don't care if I'm a true gamer, or a true musicer or a true movier.

It's all so...Pointless. I like what I like. You like what you like. Even if I hate your taste, we don't need to fight to the death, do we?

The Comedian said:
and that terminology would be?
*sigh*

Pick one:
snob
elitist
junkie
buff
nerd
obsessive
-phile

and many more.

They all effectively end up reflecting similar concepts and sentiments. Just because people don't refer to the "core" and "casual" book reader doesn't mean much.

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
I generally have a disdain for those who don't put their money where their mouth is. Folk who cry that AAA gaming is only endless FPS sequels yet proceed to only buy big budget AAAs at full RRP and wait until that quirky niche game has hit the bargin bucket before buying it. Same goes for those who cry that a 2D game made by a celebrated dev studio is overpriced at £15 because there are so many 1-2 men indie groups pumping them out for pennies.

Also the anti elitists do my nugget in. PPl who automatically dismiss "fanboys" and "elitists" and ignore their arguments and reasons they like/ hate certain game features. Basically been snobs, which is the reason they hate fanboys and elitists for in the first place. The only difference is that fanboys / elitists are uncompromising because they love their game, the anti hater not so much.

The Dark Souls threads from a while back were a magnet for all this, so much that in the end Dark Souls didn't matter, it was just about us vs them.