Let's talk about the games that don't use mysogynistic, transphobic or racist tropes.

Guerilla

Sep 7, 2014
thundra said:
Guerilla said:
thundra said:
Guerilla said:
Yes, that's the way to disprove the claims that you have no tolerance for humor, by telling me to fuck off when I'm just kidding.
I literally find you boring. You are not George Carling. If you had least little originality i might consider. You are not funny in the slightest
Oh, so do you always tell people that you find boring to fuck off and go away? So you're in a group of friends, let's say 10 people, and someone makes a joke which you find boring; what you immediately do, naturally, is to tell them to fuck off, right?
On the internet yes. Now leave me alone or i will report you for annoying me on purpose i don't want to talk to you.
You're the one who stalked me by going to the other thread and "advising" BloatedGuppy not to bother with me because I'm full of myself. Also this isn't how forums work, when you quote me I can reply back, you can't order someone to stop talking to you just so that you can have the last word.

thundra

Aug 19, 2014
Guerilla said:
thundra said:
Guerilla said:
thundra said:
Guerilla said:
Yes, that's the way to disprove the claims that you have no tolerance for humor, by telling me to fuck off when I'm just kidding.
I literally find you boring. You are not George Carling. If you had least little originality i might consider. You are not funny in the slightest
Oh, so do you always tell people that you find boring to fuck off and go away? So you're in a group of friends, let's say 10 people, and someone makes a joke which you find boring; what you immediately do, naturally, is to tell them to fuck off, right?
On the internet yes. Now leave me alone or i will report you for annoying me on purpose i don't want to talk to you.
You're the one who stalked me in the other thread and were "advising" BloatedGuppy not to bother with me. Also this isn't how forums work, when you quote me I can reply, you can't just order someone to stop talking to you just so that you can have the final word.
Because i think its waste of time talking someone like you leave me fuck alone or i will report you

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
veloper said:
The Blackwell series. The first 2 games are really good AGs. The blackwell ladies aren't guys with boobs on, or sluts, or damsels and they succeed in not being boring either. So just plain good characters.
Not to mention Rosa manages to be abrasive/introverted while still being likable(as opposed to making her bitchy, which would have been the easy way).

I'd like to nominate the Walking Dead seasons, considering how they do a good job of doing conflict while having a good range of characters and personalities. The fact they made an 11 year old girl(albeit an extremely capable and intelligent one) the main character for season 2 speaks loads.

Blinktv

Nov 24, 2013
Silent Hill 3 has always held a nice importance to me thanks to its female lead, Heather Mason. Infact, most Silent Hill games give its female cast a fair representation save for Homecoming(Lackluster) or Origins, which really seemed to of gone into the sexual deprivation thing if I remember correctly.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Alpha Centari. A nice balance of faction leaders with mixed genders and skin colors. And all of them are assholes in their own unique way. Even the Arab leader of the pro-humanitarian pro-democracy faction did this creepy ass fuck thing where he cloned his dead wife.

Civ V for also having a nice variety of leaders.

renegade7

Feb 9, 2011
Golden Sun is very good for gender-neutrality and has some very significant female characters. I think it's the best example of the only way to be truly gender-neutral: to not make an issue of gender and gender roles.

TES has always, at least in my opinion, shown its female characters in a pretty progressive light.

And then there's Dwarf Fortess. In the Mountainhome, everyone experiences the "Fun" equally. Although generally, the only way it becomes a bit sexist is that sometimes you have to gender-segregate your military so that female dwarfs don't randomly stop fighting in the battle of a battle because they just had a kid, but this has more to do with working around unfinished gameplay mechanics than anything else (dwarfs reproduce "by spores" and married females will get pregnant pretty much for no reason and then a few months later will have a kid right then and there no matter what they're doing and there will be no warning that they are pregnant until this has happened, even if that's fighting a troll or a horde of undead pandas). A more efficient solution (because the Mountainhome needs soldiers) is to prevent marriages from happening.

AkaDad

Jun 4, 2011
Strain42 said:
Pong: Pong is one of the most pure, innocent, clean games that exists. Impossible to argue that Pong is offensive in anyway*

*People will find a way...
The majority of Pong is a black screen, which oppressively forced the white paddles to battle for its amusement.

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
Dalisclock said:
I'd like to nominate the Walking Dead seasons, considering how they do a good job of doing conflict while having a good range of characters and personalities. The fact they made an 11 year old girl(albeit an extremely capable and intelligent one) the main character for season 2 speaks loads.
I hate to be a dick, but I honestly doubt that's why Clem is the main character of TWD2. Chances are it's an attempt to please the fans, as Clem's main role in TWD1 was to be the person Lee had to justify his actions to. She was never a lead at all, and the ending pretty much served to highlight how terrible everything was by forcing her to take over Lee's position and reverse the roles.

I'm going to be one of the few people to not tell predictable jokes or list mechanic-focused games and say Planescape Torment. Fall-From-Grace is one of the bestest female characters penned to a computer, and besides her there's plenty of diversity on both a superficial and thematic/story level. Then again this is fucking Planescape, so things are always going to be completely diverse and alien but hey, it works.

Stg

Jul 19, 2011
Anyone else remember a time when video games were meant to be just about losing yourself in a world of fantasy instead of all this pissing and moaning about "diversity"? What's next? Why is there no gay character in Tom & Jerry? Where is the LGBT support in Dexter's Laboratory? Loony Toons is made by bigots because the very few female characters are depicted as motherly or stereotypical? Perhaps people should complain about books next because they don't cater to the people who prefer pictures.

People, it's getting silly now and it's only making gamers look a lot worse. The more you dwell on these topics the more people see us in a bad light.

mecegirl

May 19, 2013
Stg said:
Anyone else remember a time when video games were meant to be just about losing yourself in a world of fantasy instead of all this pissing and moaning about "diversity"? What's next? Why is there no gay character in Tom & Jerry? Where is the LGBT support in Dexter's Laboratory? Loony Toons is made by bigots because the very few female characters are depicted as motherly or stereotypical? Perhaps people should complain about books next because they don't cater to the people who prefer pictures.

People, it's getting silly now and it's only making gamers look a lot worse. The more you dwell on these topics the more people see us in a bad light.
Its hard to lose yourself in a world of fantasy when that fantasy world reminds you of the negative shit in real life that you're tying to get a break from.

Random Fella

Nov 17, 2010
Slowly we as a community by pointing out all of the tiny flaws in games are going to suck the fun completely out of them.
By making games more and more PC, you're most likely going to force game designers to shy away from great game ideas because they'll always have the ideals of sexism/racism/whateverelseism no matter how minor.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
No such game exists and by even asking such a question you reveal the hateful racism/sexism/transphobia/phobiphobia/sexracism/transtransracistsexism in yourself. For shame!

That said, the GTA games always have a huge and varied cast - granted, most of them are despicable scumbags but that's valid representation right? Assholes of every colour and gender!

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
i was going to repond with a snark, but at this point it would be like spitting in the ocean

so instead, im going to mention a game that i think is inclusive, doesnt let political correctness get in the way of being a game, and actually improves the experience by being diverse

FTL, the advanced edition added different races for most alien species as well as humans, it makes you more invested in your crew since they are more unique, and adds more visual variety to the game, particulary when you are not playing as humans

there, diversity used to make a game better and not just done for the sake of political correctness while sacrificing the dev's artistic vision

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Exile3, and then Blades of Exile.

Firstly, it's an RPG, which allows you a lot of freedom in which characters you choose. The graphics are very basic, but you select from a large list for your PCs, predominantly, but not exclusively white, and with lots of women.

Likewise, the human NPC have a bit of variety, though again predominantly white. The pics are tiny, and in very many cases it's hard to tell gender at all, and occasionally race.

Also, there's two dying screams, one male and one female, when a human dies, it randomly picks one of those...so half the people getting killed are women. Bit odd when the gender of that character had been established, though.

One or two people are heavily implied to be LGBT, though not actually stated.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
thaluikhain said:
Holy shit. Someone else has played the Exile games. As in, the originals, not the Avernum remakes (which were fine, but still).

Okay, I gotta ask, did you play the super-duper-original version? The one with MS Paint sprites:

(I think those are actually from Exile II, since Nephilim and Sliths weren't playable in the first game. I can't even find screenshots of the first game.)

One or two people are heavily implied to be LGBT, though not actually stated.
Oh hey, I remember that too. There were those two women in one of the early towns. I want to say they were a smith and a shopkeeper? When you ask why they got exiled they imply that it's because they were gay.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Zhukov said:
thaluikhain said:
Holy shit. Someone else has played the Exile games. As in, the originals, not the Avernum remakes (which were fine, but still).

Okay, I gotta ask, did you play the super-duper-original version? The one with MS Paint sprites:
Didn't they all have those, though? Just later ones were a bit better. Also, very easy to customise your own.

Think I did play 1 and 2, but only a little.

Zhukov said:
Oh hey, I remember that too. There were those two women in one of the early towns. I want to say they were a smith and a shopkeeper? When you ask why they got exiled they imply that it's because they were gay.
Those two, yeah...and there's a guy who says rainbow coloured things give him strength.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
thaluikhain said:
Zhukov said:
thaluikhain said:

Didn't they all have those, though? Just later ones were a bit better. Also, very easy to customise your own.

Think I did play 1 and 2, but only a little.
Escape from the Pit and Crystal Souls at least had the super old artwork before it was later replaced with slightly better stuff.

I don't know about Ruined World.

thaluikhain said:
Those two, yeah...and there's a guy who says rainbow coloured things give him strength.
Really? Do you remember who/where he was?

My memories are fuzzy as hell. I was like 9 when I first played these. I only really remember them because they were my first experience of story in games, so they kind of stuck.