Let's talk about weather

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Consistently wet, foggy, windy or haily, but now snow so far. That's Britain.

JohnZ117

A blind man before the Elephant
Jun 19, 2012
Talk about weather, okay.

How's the weather, whether or not we're together.
Together we'll see it much better.
I love you, I love you forever.
You know where I can be found.

10 Internets to the one who knows where this is from, as soon as I collect the Internets that are owed me.

Captcha: Save Today. Okay, 8 Internets, then.

JohnZ117

A blind man before the Elephant
Jun 19, 2012
Barbas said:
"now snow so far." This is what proofreading is for.

Captcha, do you speak spanish? No habla espanol.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
JohnZ117 said:
Barbas said:
"now snow so far." This is what proofreading is for.

Captcha, do you speak spanish? No habla espanol.
Whoops. I meant to write "nowt". Bloody Swedish cider. Pro tip: not even once...that way, there'll be more for me.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
Meanwhile in Belgium we're having one of the warmest winters we've had in a long while. Temperatures hit -5° last week but they've been solidly above freezing point since then.

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
Climate change has made the winters in Southern Finland mostly quite mild. For example now it's sleeting and +1 C° outside. Though it was still -12 C° two days ago.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Armadox said:
Can't feel temperature, so I really don't have any ability to judge. It's 36°F in Florida, for whatever that means.
Well, here in Georgia, it's currently about 16 degrees Fahrenheit (with a high in the 30's) so I imagine that's pretty damn cold for Florida. Because it's pretty damn cold for Georgia.

For those of you from more Northern areas, who would kill for this sort of weather, I would remind you that last year an inch of snow shut down my state. Twice (it doesn't snow here). Also, in the Summer we can easily reach the high 90's and lower 100 degrees Fahrenheit. So while you may be able to run around without a shirt in our weather, it's really cold by our standards.

MysticSlayer

Apr 14, 2013
For the most part, things have been warm here in Florida, and that's even by Florida's standards for winter. Well, the temperature has dropped these last couple of days. Yesterday was borderline jacket weather, and today is the first day I was legitimately cold. But if the forecast is right, it looks like we'll be back to what everyone else would call summer weather in a couple days.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
I'm in Wisconsin. It was -10F(-23C) when I (barely) started my car this morning. Wind chills were around -30F(-34C) yesterday, didn't check them today. So it's not as bad as Canada or North Dakota, but far too cold for my liking. It's been this cold since Sunday/Monday. I hear we're due for some snow today though, so it'll likely warm up a bit.

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
Saltyk said:
Armadox said:
Can't feel temperature, so I really don't have any ability to judge. It's 36°F in Florida, for whatever that means.
Well, here in Georgia, it's currently about 16 degrees Fahrenheit (with a high in the 30's) so I imagine that's pretty damn cold for Florida. Because it's pretty damn cold for Georgia.

For those of you from more Northern areas, who would kill for this sort of weather, I would remind you that last year an inch of snow shut down my state. Twice (it doesn't snow here). Also, in the Summer we can easily reach the high 90's and lower 100 degrees Fahrenheit. So while you may be able to run around without a shirt in our weather, it's really cold by our standards.
Still south with real winter weather is some of the best enterntament I have ever seen

OT:currently Pittsburgh -16*C/3*F
Monday we had a bad bout freezing rain, rest of the week is rather uneventfull with less then 1in of snowfall each day.

Muspelheim

Apr 7, 2011
Business as usual on the Swedish west coast. A few degrees above zero, a few degrees below during the night. It's been a rather mild winter this year, but they tend to be on the coast. The ice is a bit late on schedule, though. It usually blow in around january.

Strangely, I've heard people from the northern inland say that -5 degrees C in Gothenburg feels much worse than -30 back home. It's probably the wet, cold wind from the sea factoring in, but it's amusing to hear those big bearmen admitting they're just as cold as you.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
Typical winter on the coast of Scotland. Cold and alternating between being still or windy and rainy.
So really, just a typical day in Scotland...

Captain_Heavy

Jul 23, 2009
Michigan, USA here.
We're sitting at -18 Celsius where I'm at.

It's certainly not comfortable, but the snow is the best reason to stay indoors.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Last night we were at -26c. Funny enough, the North Pole was at -23c at that time. So I can accurately say: last night was colder than the freaking North Pole!

Oct 10, 2011
carlsberg export said:
username sucks said:
It's pretty cold for where I live in California right now... which means it drops below 32°F (0°C) in the middle of the night sometimes.

Cold for where I live, but not cold for me. I'm comfortable wearing shorts in these temperatures. Although I completely melt in the summer...
What part of Cali are you from?
I only moved here a few weeks ago, Its gunna take me some time to get used to blue skies and sunshine in December/January!

Today it topped 25 degrees, I took great great pleasure in posting a photo of a solitary cloud over the beach I was at on Palm to facebook, with the caption "it's really cloudy today :("
I hope my friends back home get the joke.
I'm about an hour's drive east of San Fran, in the town of nothing known as Tracy. In winter it rarely drops to the thirties, and in summer it rarely gets above 100. But it is almost always windy here. Still clear skies, but always windy.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Another Canadian here.
It's bloody cold! Yesterday was -30 with windchill.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
We're currently at 44 degrees Fahrenheit here in sunny Florida, USA. Thats right Jim, its actually got below 70 degrees F, right here in the Sunshine State. For us thin-bloods this shit is cold.