Level that makes you just want to break the game disk

GTXanatos13

Feb 20, 2008
Has anyone ever played any castlevania games? In every one of them is a clock tower level full of flying enemies, a load of platform jumping, and spikes and other prince of persia-like traps on every available surface twice over. In the later ones where there are some RPG elements, I remember spending hours grinding on the enemies in some of the simpler rooms so I could get enough health to get through in if not one piece, at least a relatively low number of pieces.

VRaptorX

Mar 6, 2008
The Battletoads car part was easy when you learned the pattern. Same with the snake pit. It was the flying level with the rockets coming at you that sucked. Those things were RANDOM!

Oh and the whole game of "Out of this World."

tiredinnuendo

Jan 2, 2008
VRaptorX said:
The Battletoads car part was easy when you learned the pattern. Same with the snake pit. It was the flying level with the rockets coming at you that sucked. Those things were RANDOM!

I bow to you. I agree that the snake pit was not all that difficult once you got the idea, but I could never get good at the car part, expecially once you got near the end and you got no warning. Whenever I got to that bit it was really a slim chance that I'd get any further.

Thinking back on it, I don't think anyone ever beat Battletoads without cheating. The fact that the Queen could one-shot you with anything she did was, all by itself, probably enough to stop anyone from winning without purchasing a game genie.

- J

Chilango2

Oct 3, 2007
What got me with BT wasn't the car level, I eventually beat that with about three thousand tries and save states from a ROM, it's was the "rollercoaster" level that was, like, right after it, and was essentially the car level but even *harder*.

At that point, I gave up.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
conqueror Kenny said:
owenstine21 said:
I don't know if anyone's said this yet, but Halo 3's level 'Cortana' on Solo Legendary. I need a new controller and a game disk because of that level. >=(
if you want to talk about halo what about halo1 the libery on legendary. That was rediculous.
If you're talking about Halo, how about ALL of Halo 2 on Legendary. Or as its otherwise known, the Jackal Sniper memory test game...

CyberAkuma

Elite Member
Nov 27, 2007
The last venue of Guitar Hero 3 on Expert
I didn't even bother *TRYING* it.
Bloodrain is fucking rediculous.

Darzok

Mar 3, 2008
More or less any lvl on Conquest: Frontier wars when playing on the AI on insane as well the dam AI cheat's so much i don't think any one has a hope of beating it 1 on 1.

VRaptorX

Mar 6, 2008
tiredinnuendo said:
VRaptorX said:

I bow to you. I agree that the snake pit was not all that difficult once you got the idea, but I could never get good at the car part, expecially once you got near the end and you got no warning. Whenever I got to that bit it was really a slim chance that I'd get any further.

Thinking back on it, I don't think anyone ever beat Battletoads without cheating. The fact that the Queen could one-shot you with anything she did was, all by itself, probably enough to stop anyone from winning without purchasing a game genie.

- J

1) the pattern at the end is just up down up down up down so on and so forth. And the 10th block, if you hit it, it warps you to the surfing level so you don't even have to do the whole part.

2) Hit the gueen in mid air and she'll bounce higher. You can do this about 3 times. Despite her height, she still does the same exact move so her attack will NOT go down to the floor and reach you. Though she'll still land all the way to the floor after the attack so you don't screw yourself by comboing her upwards. Easy way to beat her without getting hit.

3) As for the wheel chasing you level:....pause for each turn and readjust your thumb. It works a lot better than actually trying to time your turns perfectly (another trouble area. I know you didn't ask it but I figured might as well)

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
hmmmmmmm, I'll have to think about that one.

Theres one that comes to mid, whoever here has played God of War II knows the fight with the second-to-last fate was irritating to no end. That, and the FInal Boss on "HOLY CRAP THIS IS HARD" mode. I hate having to wind the strings back while the place is falling apart then use bullet time to run like heck.

portuga-man

Dec 23, 2007
Guitar hero 3, raining blood on expert

IT'S THE ONLY SONG I CAN'T COMPLETE AND IT'S MAKING ME NUTS!

Keet

Jan 24, 2008
GTXanatos13 said:
Has anyone ever played any castlevania games?
I find that the original castlevanias are much harder in difficulty than the new ones. Partially because we're moving from the hardcore gaming niche to a more casual gaming mainstream, but also because of really dodgy game mechanics. I think it was 4(?) that sometimes pressing up on a staircase would let you land on it and sometimes you would wave a heartfelt goodbye before smashing into a dozen pieces of the bottom of some offscreen ravine.

I agree wholeheartedly that the medusa heads were specifically put there to ruin your day though.

billy-j

Dec 16, 2007
'death row' on GTA:VC, damn that mission was hard!

the final goal on Tony Hawk's Underground on sick difficulty, two words holy crap!

Temple of Elmental Evil was so unbalenced that i took it back to the store three days after i purchased it. case in point my second battle, four level 1 adventurers against 14 zombies! that pissed me off no end

Spartan152

Feb 23, 2008
I've got a few.
For one, the Spider-man vs New Goblin Airboard fight. That's been my main reason to despise QTE and everything about them ever since then, because the level is clear bollox from start to finish and made me want to jam my wiimote into my tv. with the disc.

there was this one level of San Andreas that completely infuriated me because it was impossible. it was the one where you return to Los Santos and have to take back this mansion or something. It was impossible and rediculous, and I'm not quite sure how I did it.

Nov 28, 2007
Spartan152 said:
there was this one level of San Andreas that completely infuriated me because it was impossible. it was the one where you return to Los Santos and have to take back this mansion or something. It was impossible and rediculous, and I'm not quite sure how I did it.

I literally broke a controller on that mission. Tried to throw it against the wall, missed, and hit my old entertainment center.

KiiWii

Feb 3, 2008
I have two:
1)Psyconauts - the circus meat platforming thing with the rising water. I nearly threw the keyboard through the monitor.
2)Crysis - Anyone who watches yatsi's videos will know, that insane helicopter piloting thing near the end. Seriously, that would've put me off the entire game.

Benny Blanco

Jan 23, 2008
Spartan152 said:
I remember that one being a constant source of irritation, along with the RC levels... Enemies keep spawning around you, even after you clear rooms and the team of triads who go in with you are about as much use as a c*nt on a nun. Also, the chase which followed was stupid- GTA vehicles don't hold the road well enough for mountainside chases!

I still haven't finished GTA:SA because I didn't realise that the fireman missions are a prerequisite for the final showdown with Big Smoke.