Lindsey Stirling Discussion

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I've enjoyed her stuff since I saw her Skyrim video, but I wasn't a big fan of this one.

In saying that though, I have seen her do live performances for tv appearances, and she sounds absolutely horrid live. Her dancing is a cool gimmick but it often means she hits bad notes or misses notes altogether. She should stick to her dancing in these videos, but devote her live performances to simply playing the music.

RyQ_TMC

Apr 24, 2009
I've been introduced to "Shadows" by a friend who does Celtic dance and her "Middle-Earth medley" earned her a Facebook like from me, but I've been pretty indifferent to her since then. I just don't like the direction she seems to be heading (i.e. more pop-stuff, with all the electronic bells and whistles). And she has a tendency to post selfies on her FB page, which cluttered my news feed some months back and made her seem a bit obnoxious.

That said, I still enjoy some of her older stuff. I'm not enough of a music geek to write detailed essays on how her technique is lacking. And her look in the "Skyrim" video makes my male-sense tingle. What can I say, I'm an easy guy to please and her older stuff provides that. The new things - well, that's just not my cup of tea.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Too electronic for my tastes and her jumping all over the place is a bit irritating really.

Still she seems like she's having fun and her stuff had high production values so I can see why others like it. Hell, might not be to my tastes but at least if kids are watching and listening to it they're being exposed to the violin and other classic influences, so that's nice.

If I'm going to watch youtube music though I generally watch the Piano Guys, quite like their stuff. That's actually why I've heard of Lindsey Stirling since she shows up in one of their video doing her dancy thing.

Nosferatu2

Feb 9, 2014
I can't say anything other then I saw a trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy. I want to see that now.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
She's musically talented sure but nothing about her is particularly compelling for me. It just doesn't strike the right notes.