Link and Epona Ride Again in Ocarina of Time 3D Trailer

themattd1000

Nov 16, 2009
As a person who loved the original on N64, I gotta say...not impressed. Honestly it doesn't look all that different. From the trailer it looks like no new content was added and the graphics still look old. Since I already have it on N64 and Master Quest on the gamecube disk, I'm gonna give it a pass.

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
I recognized EVERY SINGLE DAMN PART in the trailer, and as the world's biggest OoT fan, lemme say this...
I am glad they stayed completely true to the original. Nothing was changed; not even the movement animations. (look at about 1:40/1:41. That's the part where he draws his sword to confront Shiek before realizing she's an ally. Here's the original; skip to exactly 8:04 in the video.)
This makes me want to go out and buy the 3DS!
If only I wasn't so caught up with my friends starting our freerunning club, I'd have the funds to do so...

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Dammit Nintendo why do you make it so hard to resist paying for games I've already finished.
And WANTING to.

Gawd.

Jumwa

Jun 21, 2010
Argh, tempting me to get a 3DS so soon!

Unless there's some big fancy pre-order deal on it though, I'll hold out for now. Until the Starfox update. No way I could resist both.

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
So......Beautiful.......words cannot....... Do Justice.

this is the sole reason for me wanting a 3DS right now, and I just hope that Nintendo is smart enough to make the logical Majora's Mask 3D remake next.

spookydom

Aug 31, 2009
This was the last Zelda gamne I played way back in 1998 before I swaped to pc's. Watching the trailer just made me realise how much I missed it. Not enough to go out and buy a 3ds though. Role on the emulators.

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
Klagermeister said:
I recognized EVERY SINGLE DAMN PART in the trailer, and as the world's biggest OoT fan, lemme say this...
I am glad they stayed completely true to the original. Nothing was changed; not even the movement animations. (look at about 1:40/1:41. That's the part where he draws his sword to confront Shiek before realizing she's an ally. Here's the original; skip to exactly 8:04 in the video.)
While the sword-drawing may be similar, the jumping animation definitely isn't. Watch it again. Just sayin'.

themattd1000 said:
As a person who loved the original on N64, I gotta say...not impressed. Honestly it doesn't look all that different. From the trailer it looks like no new content was added and the graphics still look old. Since I already have it on N64 and Master Quest on the gamecube disk, I'm gonna give it a pass.
dragongit said:
Honestly... I might have to pass up on this. I don't own a 3DS to begin with, too much money to invest in and not enough games on the market to warrent it. Secondly the game really isn't impressing me. Beyond updated link, this looks almost exactly like Ocarina of time for the N64, half of the things look as though they have had no graphical update at all, or very minimal. I know its handheld, but I still feel more could have been done.

On top of that from the reports, you won't be playing this thing for too long a period of time anyway, so you'll get a half hours worth a day of playing before you feel your insides want to turn into outsides.
I definitely agree with both of you. Being a Zelda nut, I thought I'd love this no matter what; I was really expecting more, however. I most probably wasn't going to buy a 3DS anyway but I'm still disappointed :p Just gotta wait till Skyward Sword comes out and buy a Wii :)

Android2137

Feb 2, 2010
tunderball said:
Ocarina of Time is a legendary game that is truly special from start to finish (except the water temple).
Personally, I never understood why people hated the Water Temple. Sure, the water level mechanic was annoying, but I got annoyed with the multiple levels and the lava in the Fire Temple too (my Link had er... equilibrium issues...). Never understood why people hated Navi either, really. She was easy enough to ignore. It's Kaepora Gaebora I had issues with.

Zhadramekel

Apr 18, 2010
The great fairies still look a bit creepy (could they not have changed them to Wind Waker style) but this game still looks ten kinds of awesome

minarri

Dec 31, 2008
So is there any difference at all aside from slightly updated graphics? As much as I loved this game back in the day I don't want to buy a 3DS just to play it again.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
Goddamn... This is the first time I've ever seriously considered getting a console just for a single game. Ocarina of Time has to be the killer game of killer games. Hyped!

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
AWWWWWWWWWWWW, YEAH!!!!

This game is just pure über epicness!
Even after all these years :D

CINN4M0N

Jan 31, 2010
I don't think that kid Link 2.0 looks as good as kid Link 1.0. I prefer the original in that respect. But I like how they've redone that soundtrack in the first half of the video.

And as for the animations, I think Epona's gallop was a little different?

violent_quiche

May 12, 2011
I loved the game and got a warm rush of nostalgia from the trailer but I'm not buying a system for a spit and polish of an old classic. Nintendo have pulled that Lucas-esque stunt way too many times with me and I'm tired of rewarding them.