Link Meets Real Time Strategy In Hyrule: Total War

Sarmos

Mar 28, 2010
Quick! the Nintendonts are coming! The Nitendonts are coming! They are coming to burn and pillage! Save what you can!

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
I really need to get me Medieval 2. I have Rome, Empire and both Shoguns, but not Medieval. I mean come on! It has a Middle Earth Total Conversion as well! I need it. NOW.

English Stew

Apr 23, 2011
God, I wish I could get this.(Along with any number of PC mods)

I'm a member of the small minority that really likes the darker vision of LOZ set forward by Twilight Princess, so even though I'm usually not a fan of RTS, I would download this in a heartbeat just to see the sort of massive LOTR style battles that were mentioned in Zelda lore but would've been too violent to actually be part of a game.

Also, the fact that the mod contains races from all the zelda games means that if there's any story at all to it, It would have to address the timeline. Maybe the modders figured out something we haven't... though most likely not.

Jan 27, 2011
...this is a mod for medieval II total war, right?

I just want to be sure I'm getting the right game for this mod. I'm literally staring at the steam page for the game, my mouse hovering over the buy button.

Sarmos

Mar 28, 2010
English Stew said:
God, I wish I could get this.(Along with any number of PC mods)

I'm a member of the small minority that really likes the darker vision of LOZ set forward by Twilight Princess, so even though I'm usually not a fan of RTS, I would download this in a heartbeat just to see the sort of massive LOTR style battles that were mentioned in Zelda lore but would've been too violent to actually be part of a game.

Also, the fact that the mod contains races from all the zelda games means that if there's any story at all to it, It would have to address the timeline. Maybe the modders figured out something we haven't... though most likely not.
Theyre currently working on campaign. Trying to sort out the last five factions first though. And they have about six or seven "Ages" of Hyrule to it. That's why only certin factions would appear in certin "Ages" It's kinda hard to explain. Like certin factions like the "twilight's" only appear if a certin amount of pre-requisites are made in the campaign. They are addressing the storylines.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
This is amazing. And the inclusion of Midna makes it all the more awesome.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
What I noticed was the units composed of giant single units accompanied by many little minions. This is a very interesting unit design that the vanilla game simply doesn't use (elephants are the only truly large units, and they do not have a hoard of minions). That makes them quite similar to dogs and pigs from Rome TW, the only member of the series I really play.

I'd toyed with the idea of doing a little zombie mod for RTW-- replacing the various rebel factions with rather vicious zombies. Currently the zombies are simply unarmed barbarian peasents with unbreakable morale and extra health points-- but this mod raises the bar so high that I have zero drive to continue ;)

Jacob Haggarty

Sep 1, 2010
did... did i just see a goron beat the shit out of a zora? What part of that makes sense? I would've thought they would be on the same side, but whatever.

Having said that, it looks like pure gold in digital form, a gem of a mod.

Magikarp

Jan 26, 2011
Robert632 said:
Why do I have the feeling that Nintendo's going to send a cease and desist order about this.
I don't think they will; Nintendo are fairly good about this sort of stuff.

OT: WANT. I'm going to have to buy Medieval 2: Total War now...

Riku'sTwilight

Dec 21, 2009
They so should have made a whole team of Links, over the different iterations of Zelda and have them as a faction!

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
You got Fantasy into my RTS! And it tastes magnificent! I got shivers of joy when I saw the spider army.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I'll buy Total War 2 just to play this mod alone. I can't wait to crush some Zora skulls with an army of Dodongos =D

And Midna has her own army?, I'd like to see Midna beat the shit out of Zelda =D

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
Holy shit! That's awesome!

I don't even play this game, but now I'm going to get it just so I can play this mod! I like strategy games, so this should be fun!

I'm downloading it now!

Jan 27, 2011
Well, I've downloaded this and played it.

:p I REALLY suck at this game. But the whole zelda themed army thing is keeping me interested, even when my band of koriki get massacred by gerudos, or my ordonian famers FINALLY reach the battlefield......only to find that moblins have massacred BOTH my allies, and are now coming for me.

I like it. Once I actually understand how this game is played, I should be able to enjoy it even more.

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
Gotta love the Total War Modding community.

Looks great. (animations look a bit jerky though, but otherwise pure awesome)

Top Hat said:
Robert632 said:
Why do I have the feeling that Nintendo's going to send a cease and desist order about this.
I don't think they will; Nintendo are fairly good about this sort of stuff.

OT: WANT. I'm going to have to buy Medieval 2: Total War now...
It's fairly cheap (about 7? in Germany, don't know about others) by now, so go for it. Even Vanilla is much more then worth the price if you like RTS.