Link Meets Real Time Strategy In Hyrule: Total War

Sarmos

Mar 28, 2010
Firesti Keralimah said:
Well, as awesome as this looks, I'm guessing that with this much exposure, Nintendo is almost sure to send them a cease and desist before they finish it. So....thanks for that Escapist and G4.
From the forums that the creator is useing, He's apparenty gone for about a week now and hasnt recived a cease and desist order yet. He's starting to doubt he'll get it. You'd think Nintendo would be more on-top then that.....

I bloody pray that they dont stop him though.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Its a pretty sad state of affairs for the game industry when fans start making stuff that looks better than, and in general is a better idea than the crap the game companies release.

Sewer Rat

Sep 14, 2008
After playing it for a bit, I must say it looks promising. It's a little imbalanced but that's to be expected considering it's still in the 'demo' phase. Just really hope they get to release a campaign of some kind before Nintendo's legal team inevitably shuts it down... [small] bunch of dicks that they are...[/small]

deus-ex-machina

Jan 22, 2010
Where were the dekus?!?!

Heh heh.

Anyway, regardless, if Twinrova (combined or separate) was in the game, I would side with them. Depending on the game, it might even be the gerudos and THAT would rock.

And I would love to see an army of Bow-wows controlled by the almight dream fish.

Falcon123

Aug 9, 2009
This made my day yesterday. I've played it a few times, and I'm very much looking forward to what comes next. Plenty of bugs to fix (siege battles are impossible, and speeding the game up doesn't work well for me), but the graphics and sound are awesome, and the armies feel the way I was hoping they would. If you haven't yet and you have any interest, get the demo and try it out. You won't be disappointed.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
This might count as resurrecting a dead thread, but I think this is the best place for this - UndyingNephalim, the mod creator, has just released a pretty major update. So major, in fact, it requires a full reinstall with new files. Pretty awesome stuff. The campaign, which has been available for some time now, is far more interesting.

As with every update that comes from a team that consists of less people than a triple-A game developer, the bugs for the most recent update are cropping up. Never-the-less, it is still and outstanding mod, and well worth taking a look at, or having another look to see what's changed!

You can find the forum dedicated to H:TW here [http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1894]! Hope to see you there!