Link Meets Real Time Strategy In Hyrule: Total War

Alssadar

Sep 19, 2010
Oh my... this the best thing I've seen+downloaded in a while.
Issue, though. I have Medieval 2 (Kingdoms) on Steam, so it keeps getting an error that I don't have kingdoms.exe, so can someone help me out?

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
That's the most awesome thing I've ever seen! and that's coming from a person who plays console games and normally avoids RTS's.

I'd like to see the Terminians from Majora's Mask be one of those factions, imagine, them versus the Hylians, technology versus magic, that would be a nerd's wetdream.

Still would be cool if Link makes an appearance, imagine him in command of his own army, that'd be totally sweet.

On top of that, maybe Nintendo should make a Twilight Princess sequel where all of Hyrule's races are at war and Twilight Princess Link goes on a quest to stop the war before one of the races goes extinct.

Elf Defiler Korgan

Apr 15, 2009
Quite a fan of med 2 mods, but, I am getting really tired of overly long trailers with black screens with small bits of text. Move it along already!

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Misterian said:
That's the most awesome thing I've ever seen! and that's coming from a person who plays console games and normally avoids RTS's.

I'd like to see the Terminians from Majora's Mask be one of those factions, imagine, them versus the Hylians, technology versus magic, that would be a nerd's wetdream.

Still would be cool if Link makes an appearance, imagine him in command of his own army, that'd be totally sweet.

On top of that, maybe Nintendo should make a Twilight Princess sequel where all of Hyrule's races are at war and Twilight Princess Link goes on a quest to stop the war before one of the races goes extinct.
From what I understand, the modder is currently avoiding a lot of Majora's Mask content on account of considering an alternative Termina campaign once the core Hyrule version is finished. That said, he IS working on an Ikana faction, although it is not yet playable.

As for Link, the various factions have their own unique Hero units (like Princess Zelda, Ganondorf, Darunia, Saria, etc.) and that Link will be available to all factions (even the evil ones), each with their own unique variation. For example, Gorons get Goron Tunic Link, Gerudo get Dark Link, and so forth. As not all variations have been decided upon, he is not in the current version.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
This is amazing. Downloading this now before Nintendo tries to pull it, all I need now is a steam sale on the Total War Series for Medieval 2 :D

dark-mortality

Apr 7, 2011
This is pretty much just like all other generic Total war games. The only reason it may become more popular is simply because it's in the universe of Hyrule... Though why am I complaining? I like both the Legend of Zelda games and Total war/RTS games...

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
wooty said:
I hate to bring back an old meme, but "I came".

Off to download this now.........and rummage through mountains of shit in hope of finding Medieval 2
I came the sword of time :D

O_O

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

OT: I want this, NOW. Why can't I play Total War games on my Mac? :(

Realitycrash

Dec 12, 2010
Very nice. I applaud their efforts.

Stiiiiill...Must most of the factions look so anime-cute? I don't want "cute" in my total war. Total War is war, and war is hell.

El Danny

Dec 7, 2008
Realitycrash said:
Very nice. I applaud their efforts.

Stiiiiill...Must most of the factions look so anime-cute? I don't want "cute" in my total war. Total War is war, and war is hell.
That is how they look in the original games, and the battles certainly don't feel 'cute'.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
This just adds to my notion that Medieval 2: Total War is one of the greatest games of all time. The mods! THE MOOODS!

Dafttechno

May 19, 2010
So 20 total factions? Let's see, Gerudo, Hylian, Zora, Kokiri, Goron, Lizalfos, Stalfos, Poe, Deku Baba, Gibdo/Redead, Moblin, Twili, Gohma/Skulltula, Iron Knuckle, Deku Scrubs... what else am I missing?

Jan 27, 2011
Dafttechno said:
So 20 total factions? Let's see, Gerudo, Hylian, Zora, Kokiri, Goron, Lizalfos, Stalfos, Poe, Deku Baba, Gibdo/Redead, Moblin, Twili, Gohma/Skulltula, Iron Knuckle, Deku Scrubs... what else am I missing?
From the topic:

Kingdom of Hyrule
Gerudo
Gorons
Zora
Kokiri
Gohma
Ordona Province
Lanayru Province
Deku Tribes
Stalfos
Moblins
Sheikah
Darknut Legion
Lizalfos
Labrynna
Fairies of Tarm
Kingdom of Ikana
Forces of Twilight
Order of the Wizzrobe
Oocca

......Yeah, that's a lot of factions.

Peteron

Oct 9, 2009
Viking Incognito said:
I've never played a total war game but I want this so badly I would punch my sister for it!
I want this so badly I would punch your sister for it!

Virgilthepagan

May 15, 2010
Simply incredible. I usually abstained from the Medieval mods (except for Darth AI), but I want this so badly, I'd just started replaying Ocarina of Time too...

Firesti Keralimah

Sep 25, 2009
Well, as awesome as this looks, I'm guessing that with this much exposure, Nintendo is almost sure to send them a cease and desist before they finish it. So....thanks for that Escapist and G4.

strawberrycreme

Sep 19, 2011
....wow. I want to play this, it looks incredibly awesome.

While Nintendo would technically be within their right to send a C&D letter, I think they would be much better off letting this guy finish this epic mod. And then hiring him.