Lionhead Website Begins a Countdown

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
fable 1 the remake haheh ... well could be good the first was the best an all

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
ryo02 said:
Am I the only one who thinks that the Fable games have somehow managed to get worse with each installment?

search_rip

Jan 6, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
Lionhead is currently working on Fable: The Journey and in June 2011 he revealed that the studio also has a "super secret second project" on the go. Since the new Fable game is already on the radar, the obvious hope is that the countdown will end in a reveal of the second project - and, since we're casting wishes into the wind, that it'll be a new Magic Carpet.
Hmmm, I don't know, it looks like Lionhead doesn't make any more games that aren't Fable related so their "super secret second project" will be Fable Xbox720 :p haha

steeple

Death by tray it shall be
Dec 2, 2008
maybe it's a countdown for the future-room in the original black & white to finally have some sort of purpose!

or maybe it's nothing interesting...

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
misterprickly said:
Insted of wasting time with Fable, why dosent Lionhead give us some more "Movies" expansion packs!

You sir, need to be right on this topic.

I spent hundreds of hours playing The Movies with my friends, making terrible movies full of inside jokes that only we would get.

If they did a Kickstarter for The Movies 2, id pledge every penny in my bank account.

magter3001

Jun 7, 2010
I'm seriously hoping for B&W3 but I doubt that Microsoft wants to allow Lionhead to make it because well... it's a PC game and Microsoft loves them some xbox money. I know Lionhead could easily make B&W3 for xbox but it's probably going to be a fable game with great graphics.

Shjade

Chaos in Jeans
Feb 2, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
Lionhead is currently working on Fable: The Journey and in June 2011 he revealed that the studio also has a "super secret second project" on the go.
Who is "he?" Is there someone named Lionhead who happens to work at Lionhead Studios? That's an interesting coincidence.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
It is counting down to a kickstarter. They need to hire someone to keep Peter from overhyping their next game. They make good games but no game can live up to the promises Peter makes.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Mahorfeus said:
Am I the only one who thinks that the Fable games have somehow managed to get worse with each installment?
Nah, lots of fable fans think that.

Genuine Evil said:
I cant understand the hate towards peter molyneux he is probably the most charismatic figure in gaming . and his games have some of the best art direction I?ve ever seen.
I like his attitude, but he gets hate for advertising game mechanics that either don't exist or don't work like he says. He has done this for every Fable game.

MarkDavis94

Jan 12, 2011
Mahorfeus said:
ryo02 said:
I think everyone believes they are getting worse with each installment, I don't know anyone who prefers Fable 3 over previous installments

I sort of hope they make Fable 4 and really deliver on everything they say they can do. Fable 2&3 were hyped up so much and they just fell flat. I love the art in those games but they can be dissapointing

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
Oh man, I have never been so excited for disappointment!

I love countdowns :D

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
I'm not the only one (we never are) who like Fable 3, so I would like to see what's next! The think I like about Lionhead is that they at least try new things... I know they have a habit of going too far, and failing, but one day, just one day, the optimist in me says that they will release another game that is really good!

I have a feeling that this is a Fable announcement though, as the button looks suspiciously old fashioned... especially with the twine thread!

Or are they releaseing Noddy and Big Ears: Toyland adventures, a GTA clone for kids? (Hmmm... like Simpsons: Hit and Run then...)

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
To be honest I'm underwhelmed by the news. As much as I WANT to like the Fable series it's been a consistant failure, a series that shows massive potential that it never manages to actually reach.

I'd normally hope for a new franchise, but that button points in a typically cartoony direction, and really I think we've got enough cartoony games out there right now. It seems like everyone is going for that WoW-esque/Fable vibe, I mean heck we've even got Todd Mcfarlane apparently jumping into that art style looking at how Kingdoms Of Amalur turned out visually. Lionhead might have been one of the first to do artwork like that for current games, but really i'm so tired of it, a game symbolized by an sewn on cartoon button seems like exactly the kind of thing I'd like the industry to get away from.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong, and this will be the next big thing, and in a few days I'll be doing ecstatic backflips of anticipation... but I doubt it, all the countdown has done is remind me how much the industry has been miring itself in mediocrity and duplication.

I doubt I'll follow it, but I imagine what the countdown was for will be all over the internet as soon as it ends.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Hammeroj said:
I seriously hope they have an actually competent sequel to Black&White in development. That thing has huge potential.
I never got to play Black and White 1 but I really loved Black and White 2. Though I still have a copy I can never get it to play on any computer I own so I miss B&W. Here's to hoping they're making another one.

idarkphoenixi

May 2, 2011
Captain Pirate said:
After Fable 3 being so crap I'm not interested at all.
Maybe they're revealing some new features in Fable 4 that will make it even easier?
It's coming, just you wait and see. Fable 4 will no doubt switch all actions to one button, the "golden trail" will be even more annoying and maybe even an auto-pilot switch like in bayonetta.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Well, we always knew it was only a matter of time before Lionhead initiated the self-destruct sequence... ;)