Lionhead Website Begins a Countdown

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Why did they make it look like a flip clock but then don't actually animate it? I don't know about you guys but I'm incredibly disappointed.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Mahorfeus said:
ryo02 said:
fable 1 the remake haheh ... well could be good the first was the best an all
Am I the only one who thinks that the Fable games have somehow managed to get worse with each installment?
Nope. I liked the first one, even if magic was (and still is) gamebreakingly overpowered.

I didn't even bother playing more than an hour of the 3rd one, after I saw that you can convince people to like you by... belching or farting, don't even remember.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
I will seriously give them all the money they want if that countdown is for Black and White 3. Preorder, collector's edition, my first-born son, I don't even mind. The B&W games are some of the most innovative titles I have ever played, especially the first game in the series.

Please, I beg you, for the love of God, Lionhead, let this be true. The world is tired of Fable. Bring back Black and White!

rob_simple said:
There was a Black and White 2?
Yes. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_%26_White_2]

Although I never played it, only the first one, I heard good things about it.

Hopefully somebody can confirm that it was at least half the game the first one was...?

Marudas

Jul 8, 2010
Here's hoping its not another boring Fable game.

I played 1, didn't really enjoy it, gave 2 the benefit of the doubt and managed to put about 3 hours into it before giving up. I decided not to buy 3 based on the track record.

I did like Black and White though, so something like that could be fun.

Rtoip

Jan 15, 2011
If they are going to announce a game It better not be another Fable already.
I hate how Lionhead from company that made the first Fable, Black & White, The Movies became the company that makes crappy Fable sequels.
Personally I hope for B&W 3.

For people wonderning about quality or even existence of B&W 2:

Yes it exists and it's quite good on its own but a few things changed that would potentially mean RUINED FOREVER for purists.

There are fewer miracles, creature training is much easier (you don't have to keep an eye on him all the time because now there is a list your creature did and you can punish or reward him for something he did ages ago), city building is much better (you don't have to build this annoying scaffoldings for everything, you jut drop a building and construction begins), pretty much everything in game (buildings, miracles, creature abilities) is unlocked with points awarded for doing quests, you win by splendour(having a huge happy city) or conquest (there are armies) instead of faith, there's normal menu instead of cool in universe temple.

You can decide for yourselves what do you think about the changes.
As for me it feel less like you are a gods and more like some generic non-entity RTS leader (if that makes any sense) witch kinda against the point of B&W but it's still enjoyable.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
Given what little I could stand of Fable 3, I'm guessing...

Fable: The Journey
The next game in the critically acclaimed series takes us on another adventure... one step at a time!

Lionhead Studios brings to us the newest innovations in game design:

+ Hold (A) to confirm walking.
+ Don't just interact with NPCs; go inside of their fragile psyche's and go through an entire mini-verse within their head to convince them that you are or are not a prick.
+ Knitting! Knit your own fashion in a [necessary] stitch mini game. Better get that thread in the eye of the [vigorously shaking] needle, though!
+ Gatling Guns. That shoot missiles. That explode in magic!
+View-graph charts dictating your EVERY. WINKING. MOMENT. Of gameplay [also required].

Yeah, picking on something as so arbitrary and benign as menus pissed me off that much.

Druyn

May 6, 2010
I am excited. People love to talk against molyneux and lion head, but I have genuinely enjoyed every game i've played by them, and i'm looking forward to this!

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
ryo02 said:
fable 1 the remake haheh ... well could be good the first was the best an all
Don't even joke about that. Peter Molyneux does not need encouragement, he needs sectioning.