Lionhead Website Begins a Countdown

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
since we're casting wishes into the wind, that it'll be a new Magic Carpet.
I may be one in 10 people that will get that reference, and for all of us, I thank you, that was hilarious! Also, it's why I love the Escapist as a news source.

Maybe it's Milo for the Kinect 2!
If we're talking hopes, am I the only one hoping for a new franchise? Given it's a M$ studio, it would make sense to make a new IP as a launch game for the next Xbox.
However, given that M$ still haven't said a single thing about the next Xbox, I doubt Lionhead will be the one to do it. Therefore I think the unreal thing isn't related to this, and that this is something completely different. No doubt they're working on a game for the next console, I just don't think this is related. Maybe they're changing the studio? Maybe it's yet another game?

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Pfft. While you wait, you may as well go Fable: The Lost Chapters again to remind you that they no longer have the ability to make a game of that calibre anymore.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
Hammeroj said:
I seriously hope they have an actually competent sequel to Black&White in development. That thing has huge potential.
QFT - or The Movies - or Populous, ahhh Populous.

jthm

Jun 28, 2008
I'm going to guess that the timer is counting down the next bunch of over exaggerated lies and hype that will spew forth from Molyneux's mouth when lion head removes the gag.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
I would kill for a Fable 3.5... Like, same story, but expanded and not as easy. I loved the story and the art side of Fable 3 a bunch, but as a game is was too easy and a bit of a letdown. And please, Lionhead, fix Reaver. I'm playing Fable 2 again and you destroyed him in 3.

Or a game centering around Logan and the Darkness and when he was king. I would pay good money to play a game centered around him, should they go more of the Fable 2 route with mechanics. I liked Fable 3 well enough that I'm interested to see what is next, but if it is anything like what they showed at E3, I will not be getting it.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Hands up. Who else thinks that Lionhead is overextending themselves with hype once again and the new project they make will not be awesome enough to warrant all of the attention and will instead be the subject of numerous criticism?

Fasckira

Dice Tart
Oct 22, 2009
Cant decide if the little button image is Fable-y or not. Wouldn't mind seeing this countdown link to a fresh title though, something that isn't a remakr or a sequel would be refreshing!

Im a fan of the Fable series and I'll even give the new Fable Kinnect title a whirl to be honest - Im not that close minded to dismiss it straight away, but Im also not that far into Pete's bottom that I believe its going to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Falcon123

Aug 9, 2009
misterprickly said:
Insted of wasting time with Fable, why dosent Lionhead give us some more "Movies" expansion packs!

So much this. Seriously though, I really enjoyed The Movies, at least far more than I enjoyed any of the Fable games. I find it hard to believe that if the games were not Xbox exclusive and Peter Molyneux wasn't in charge of the project, no one would care about the Fable games, and they'd get relatively average scores like they deserve. Of course, in my perfect world, the Call of Duty and Madden games don't consistently get high marks for putting out the same game every year, Planescape Torment gets an incredible modern sequel, and neither Uwe Boll or Michael Bay exist, so I guess that doesn't mean much, does it? :p

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
Mahorfeus said:
ryo02 said:
fable 1 the remake haheh ... well could be good the first was the best an all
Am I the only one who thinks that the Fable games have somehow managed to get worse with each installment?
no you're not, most people think that myself included. Lionhead wouldn't know the world challenge if it smacked them over the head.

Puddleknock

Sep 14, 2011
I have so little faith in Molyneux that I'm not even convinced this countdown will end without disappointment. May just get to 1 day left, then add on a few hours, remove seconds from the clock and then at the end revert the website to how it looked before.

Mmm I may have some pent up bitterness towards Lionhead Studios. Shame really as I did like The Movies.

arnoldthebird

Sep 30, 2011
Come on Movies...I love that game, or another Black and White. But I don't the chances are very high for either of those...

AppleShrapnel

Jan 2, 2010
I hope the countdown is synced with a 10lb brick of C4 in the Lionhead Studios offices. They all deserve to die in a big fiery explosion because Peter, one guy, talks too much...

Just trying to fit in. >.>

The button is very Fable-y, so I'm expecting news on Fable 4. Although like a few others, I'm holding out hope for a Black & White sequel at some point. AI is still nowhere near Hal-level, but its improved since B&W2 came out, at least. And tech has gotten a lot beefier, too. Maybe they'll start kicking the idea around once the next generation of consoles are upon us, and they see how many people are pining for another installment.

beniki

May 28, 2009
OMG!! Could it be 'Threads', the button sewing sim I've been waiting so long for?? I mean, 'Needles' was okay, but it was just so emo about the whole thing...