Live Action Halo: Reach Trailer Depicts Spartan Sacrifice

ChocoFace

Nov 19, 2008
Wolfinton said:
That reminds me of "The Day After Tomorrow" with the sacrifice being needed to destroy the alienship. And since the explosions seem to happen worldwide, it makes it even more like it.
You might actually be meaning Independence Day. The Day After Tomorrow had ice, not aliens.

Big Max

Aug 29, 2009
Dyp100 said:
rockingnic said:
Dyp100 said:
I enjoyed it, shame it's not in 720p, or even 1080, which you think this would be filmed in.

Anyway, I'm majorly excited for both aspects of Reach.
You can see in 720p on the Bungie.net site I think. I wonder if this has anything to do with the finale of Reach... I'm just ready to fall when Reach comes out.
I wonder how Noble 6 is actually going to die, if it is actually like this, I'll be a little disappointed.

I know Bungie hasn't been keeping anything secret, but still, if this is a proper sneak spoiler, I'm gonna say I'll be a little annoyed.
This was infact not Noble Six but the Spartan he is replacing in the squad. Note how Kat, the Spartan originally holding the bomb, does not yet have her mechanical arm.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Big Max said:
Dyp100 said:
rockingnic said:
Dyp100 said:
I enjoyed it, shame it's not in 720p, or even 1080, which you think this would be filmed in.

You can see in 720p on the Bungie.net site I think. I wonder if this has anything to do with the finale of Reach... I'm just ready to fall when Reach comes out.
I wonder how Noble 6 is actually going to die, if it is actually like this, I'll be a little disappointed.

I know Bungie hasn't been keeping anything secret, but still, if this is a proper sneak spoiler, I'm gonna say I'll be a little annoyed.
This was infact not Noble Six but the Spartan he is replacing in the squad. Note how Kat, the Spartan originally holding the bomb, does not yet have her mechanical arm.
Oh yeah, nice catch. I thought Thom died because he ran off to fight insurgents without backup, though? I guess it could have been another Spartan III.

Big Max

Aug 29, 2009
Dyp100 said:
Big Max said:
Dyp100 said:
rockingnic said:
Dyp100 said:

Oh yeah, nice catch. I thought Thom died because he ran off to fight insurgents without backup, though? I guess it could have been another Spartan III.
Halopedia [http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Thom-293] says that he died because he decided to attack the Covenant force solo rather than wait for reinforcements.

BTW, nice Emile avatar. =)

Big Max

Aug 29, 2009
Dyp100 said:
Big Max said:
Dyp100 said:
rockingnic said:
Dyp100 said:

According to this [http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Thom-293] Halopedia article Thom died when he decided to attack the Covenant solo rather than wait for reinforcements.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Big Max said:
Dyp100 said:
Big Max said:
Dyp100 said:
rockingnic said:
Dyp100 said:

According to this [http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Thom-293] Halopedia article Thom died when he decided to attack the Covenant solo rather than wait for reinforcements.

Oh right, I thought he went off and got killed by Insurgents, as if I remember, the Covenant was near unheard of on Reach. Trailer makes perfect sense now, I can see why Kat feels responsible.

Thanks, I was gonna say the same about your Spartan III avatar. Shame the Escapist avatars don't go much bigger, since the original Emile cut-out was pretty large.

RandyPants

Jul 9, 2010
Cowabungaa said:
Even more evidence that a well-directed Halo-based movie would be ABSOLUTELY AMAZING, even for people who wouldn't like the games that much. The whole universe has everything in it to produce movies all over the sci-fi spectrum.

Dammit, why did Blomkamp and Jackson split up! They were the pérfect combination for it! Spielberg....ehhhh, I don't know.
Agree completely, mate.

I've watched all the live action shorts so far, and if anything were to convince me to buy a 360, it is this game. Beautifully done.

PLEASE MAKE THE GODDAMN MOVIE. Cheers.

Jhereg42

Apr 11, 2008
The Halo live action trailers were one of the best ideas they had. The game has such a rep for being filled with preteens screaming "Stomp the Newb", so they really needed to put out a few spots to point out that there are other reasons to play the game.

It's been very well done and, in my opinion at least, effective.

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
Dyp100 said:
rockingnic said:
Dyp100 said:

It could be an actual mission where you and Kat (at least) have to take down a Covenant cruiser. There's a chance Noble 6 and Kat survive because look how Johnson survived getting off the first Halo which seems harder to do as well.

Shoto Koto

May 13, 2009
rockingnic said:
Dyp100 said:

If you're interested in the story of Reach it's been out as a book for quite some time now, it's called Halo: The Fall of Reach and you can read all about it on Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo:_The_Fall_of_Reach
Irridium said:
Hehe, the trailers run time is 1:17

Well I find it funny.
I didn't notice that one, good spot! ^_^

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
MrDeckard said:
I suspect there has been a retcon, Halopedia now says Thom died attacking a CCS by himself. So that's him in the video.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
FreelanceButler said:
Hm. Thought he was carrying a baby at first. Would've been pretty hard-hitting, but I doubt an infant would have had the same impact on the ship.

It worries me that this proves how good graphics have become, since I had to watch it twice to work out which parts aren't CGI.
One day the CGI will start a rebellion, then we shall all be doomed...

OT: i love those live action Halo movies, i want a Halo movie NOW!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Ohhhh! I like, Gotta love the real action things done on HALO, makes me smile at least

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
Sweet, it's on XBoxLIVE, downloading it right now so I can watch it on the big tv.

Overall, I think the Reach vids are fantastic, as was the ODST vid. It helps set a tone and expectation before one even plays the game. I don't see them as commercials so much as little prologues to a much larger story that will unfold as we play through the games.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
I found that to be quite an exciting trailer! I just hope that the final game lives up to even half of that feeling for the Fall of Reach. I don't really like Halo, primarily because of 2 and 3, but I have more hope for Reach that it will just have a different feel like in the trailer somewhat.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
I've personally always loved Halo for its story more than anything else, so this is exactly what I want to see. I am definitely looking forward to this game. :D

Guitarmasterx7

Day Pig
Mar 16, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
Even more evidence that a well-directed Halo-based movie would be ABSOLUTELY AMAZING
Maybe if it where based on reach or something. Halo's story got really bland after the "covenant civil war" on the second one.