Live Action Halo: Reach Trailer Depicts Spartan Sacrifice

Enigma6667

Apr 3, 2010
You know what I don't get?? How a one minute short with stereotypical space marines boldly sacrificing themselves for humanity against evil aliens in such a stereotypical fashion...could be so emotionally jarring that I got goosebumps and ended up caring for faceless stereotypical space marines. Maybe it's just the music, or something I dunno.

I would say that it's false advertising because the storytelling in the actual games is nowhere near as good as this trailer, and when the people who start the game up convinced that a good story would be in there would finally play it, they'd wonder why the writing got worse and everyone was trying to teabag his corpse and call him a fag, offline and on.

Parnage

Apr 13, 2010
I got bleary eyed. I don't know why. I don't know much about the story I am at best a casual fan I have no idea why I should care for this, and yet I watch that and I am on the verge of shedding a damn tear over a character I don't even know. Hell I don't even know if that -is- a character I should care about.

I am disturbed at the fact the creator's of this are able to get such a reaction from me. Damn fine job they've done on this. If they ever do make a movie, I'd probly cry if it's shot like this.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Holy shit, for like a quarter of a second, we saw ELITES IN LIVE ACTION HALO TRAILERS.

WOOT!!

Okay but seriously, that was well made and well filmed and really demonstrates that Halo could work as a movie. Wonderfully put together and oddly emotional. These Spartans feel human, that's for sure.

noble cookie

Aug 6, 2010
Is it me, or has the Halo Reach's music tone completley changed compared to the other games?

It just, doesn't seem as epic as it used to be...

...doesn't mean im gonna cancel my pre-order though :)

rockingnic

May 6, 2009
Blitzkrieg8 said:
rockingnic said:
Dyp100 said:
rockingnic said:
Dyp100 said:
I enjoyed it, shame it's not in 720p, or even 1080, which you think this would be filmed in.

Anyway, I'm majorly excited for both aspects of Reach.
You can see in 720p on the Bungie.net site I think. I wonder if this has anything to do with the finale of Reach... I'm just ready to fall when Reach comes out.
I wonder how Noble 6 is actually going to die, if it is actually like this, I'll be a little disappointed.

I know Bungie hasn't been keeping anything secret, but still, if this is a proper sneak spoiler, I'm gonna say I'll be a little annoyed.
It could be an actual mission where you and Kat (at least) have to take down a Covenant cruiser. There's a chance Noble 6 and Kat survive because look how Johnson survived getting off the first Halo which seems harder to do as well.
No, the guy that blew up is the guy you replace
Bungie has confirmed it is, in fact, Noble Six. It's suppose to show how all the spartans sacrifice to try and save Reach. Kat "sacrifices" arm and Noble Six sacrifices his life. It's not suppose to depict actual events but rather what to expect from the story.

Blitzkrieg8

Jun 25, 2008
rockingnic said:
Blitzkrieg8 said:
rockingnic said:
Dyp100 said:
rockingnic said:
Dyp100 said:
I enjoyed it, shame it's not in 720p, or even 1080, which you think this would be filmed in.

Anyway, I'm majorly excited for both aspects of Reach.
You can see in 720p on the Bungie.net site I think. I wonder if this has anything to do with the finale of Reach... I'm just ready to fall when Reach comes out.
I wonder how Noble 6 is actually going to die, if it is actually like this, I'll be a little disappointed.

I know Bungie hasn't been keeping anything secret, but still, if this is a proper sneak spoiler, I'm gonna say I'll be a little annoyed.
It could be an actual mission where you and Kat (at least) have to take down a Covenant cruiser. There's a chance Noble 6 and Kat survive because look how Johnson survived getting off the first Halo which seems harder to do as well.
No, the guy that blew up is the guy you replace
Bungie has confirmed it is, in fact, Noble Six. It's suppose to show how all the spartans sacrifice to try and save Reach. Kat "sacrifices" arm and Noble Six sacrifices his life. It's not suppose to depict actual events but rather what to expect from the story.
Bungie has confirmed it is, in fact the original Noble Six who is the guy your replacing
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=BWU_082710
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Thom-293

Willis_D

May 27, 2009
That is an awesome trailer.
There is one thing that I wish to know though. Bungie say that this is the moment that Kat sacrifices her arm.
Bungie said:
Astute viewers have already noticed that the story told here depicts the moment Kat sacrifices her arm, and the mission where the original Noble Six sacrifices everything.
I just want to know how. At the end of the trailer, her arm looks fine. Did she damage it beyond repair in the fall or something? Just bugging me a little.

But yeah, awesome trailer. I want it to be the 14th already.

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
If they can make a HALO movie HALF as good as the live action trailers (Not counting Landfall, they were still obviously figuring things out there, though fuck me I want those rifles! And the Warthog! And armor. And uniform. And Pelican and...), they will have my ticket, they will have stellar reviews from critics, and they may well win the box office in a way that KickAss, Serenity, and whats-his-name-versus the world have so far failed to, as far as Geek-Enthused movies go.

It feels weird saying that as someone who's only played through a pirated copy of the first halo (and without sound to boot), but hey. They make great adverts.