Live Action Halo: Reach Trailer Depicts Spartan Sacrifice

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Guitarmasterx7 said:
Cowabungaa said:
Even more evidence that a well-directed Halo-based movie would be ABSOLUTELY AMAZING
Maybe if it where based on reach or something. Halo's story got really bland after the "covenant civil war" on the second one.
Personally I was thinking of a movie based around the ODST guys, or at least the regular marines.

One of the short live-action videos showed how a squad of marines had to go through an incredibly tough battle just to deliver a rocket launcher to the Master Chief. The movie could turn around such a squad; one, like many, assigned basically as Master Chief's errand boys, always living beneath his shadow.

It could explore themes like pride (Master Chief stealing all the glory), uncertainty (should we all place our hopes in one man?) and trust (ideas of rebelling, no longer supporting Master Chief, etc) all next to the awesome sci-fi action already showed in plenty live-action trailers.

If anything, Master Chief should not be the movie's main character. It's why game movies often don't work out; the player is often a one-man-army, that doesn't make for a very exciting protagonist in a movie. Hence why I propose that the Master Chief just makes token appearances in the movie.

Popcicle42

Feb 25, 2010
Please, powers-that-be, here me!

If you are going to make a Halo: The Movie, please, please, please let the people who are making your commericals have a hand in it. Possibly the best ads for any thing I've ever seen.
Action, emotion and serious production value... in 1:15:00.

Wolfinton

Jan 1, 2010
ChocoFace said:
Wolfinton said:
That reminds me of "The Day After Tomorrow" with the sacrifice being needed to destroy the alienship. And since the explosions seem to happen worldwide, it makes it even more like it.
You might actually be meaning Independence Day. The Day After Tomorrow had ice, not aliens.
I knew what I meant xD I knew I'd get it wrong. I sat for 30 second trying to remember its name. >.<

Dec 14, 2008
Cowabungaa said:
One of the short live-action videos showed how a squad of marines had to go through an incredibly tough battle just to deliver a rocket launcher to the Master Chief. The movie could turn around such a squad; one, like many, assigned basically as Master Chief's errand boys, always living beneath his shadow.
Actually they were just figuring out the coordinates that he would land, the big rocket launcher thing was just a tracking device(unless you are talking about something different then the landfall video).

I think it would be interesting to see the Halo universe from the perspective of a civilian. You never hear about them.

Aug 25, 2009
As a permanent fan of the Halo series ever since I got the first one with my first XBox I was going to buy this anyone, of course, but these trailers do highlight to me how far the series as a whole has come.

Also, given that I enjoyed the books as well, the Fall of Reach has always been soemthing that interested me as part of the Halo canon, and I can remember reading about it and thinking 'this would be awesome if you got to see it/play through it on a closer level' since all you saw from the book was John's view of events.

Anyway, all this boils down to make me say that not only I am going to buy this game, but I'm looking forward to it as well.

DarkDain

Jul 31, 2007
Having trouble getting past the whole 'lets not give the bomb to the jetpack guy in the first place' thing. Infact, it had a 5 minute timer when he armed it and little less than 2 minutes when he bit the dust, theres no way he would of made it even close to the ship.

Blitzkrieg8

Jun 25, 2008
rockingnic said:
Dyp100 said:
rockingnic said:
Dyp100 said:
I enjoyed it, shame it's not in 720p, or even 1080, which you think this would be filmed in.

Anyway, I'm majorly excited for both aspects of Reach.
You can see in 720p on the Bungie.net site I think. I wonder if this has anything to do with the finale of Reach... I'm just ready to fall when Reach comes out.
I wonder how Noble 6 is actually going to die, if it is actually like this, I'll be a little disappointed.

I know Bungie hasn't been keeping anything secret, but still, if this is a proper sneak spoiler, I'm gonna say I'll be a little annoyed.
It could be an actual mission where you and Kat (at least) have to take down a Covenant cruiser. There's a chance Noble 6 and Kat survive because look how Johnson survived getting off the first Halo which seems harder to do as well.
No, the guy that blew up is the guy you replace

Blitzkrieg8

Jun 25, 2008
Cowabungaa said:
Guitarmasterx7 said:
Cowabungaa said:
Even more evidence that a well-directed Halo-based movie would be ABSOLUTELY AMAZING
Maybe if it where based on reach or something. Halo's story got really bland after the "covenant civil war" on the second one.
Personally I was thinking of a movie based around the ODST guys, or at least the regular marines.

It could explore themes like pride (Master Chief stealing all the glory), uncertainty (should we all place our hopes in one man?) and trust (ideas of rebelling, no longer supporting Master Chief, etc) all next to the awesome sci-fi action already showed in plenty live-action trailers.

If anything, Master Chief should not be the movie's main character. It's why game movies often don't work out; the player is often a one-man-army, that doesn't make for a very exciting protagonist in a movie. Hence why I propose that the Master Chief just makes token appearances in the movie.
If that is the same video I'm think of then the marines were tracking him so they could find once he landed and some how lived.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I definitely appreciate their efforts to create stories with emotion
but even as a fan of the Halo series, 3 years after Halo 3's release...I'm still feeling a bit jaded about their not actually being big massive battles on foot or with whatever idk like you saw in the Halo 3 Believe ad or the Halo 3 ODST We Are ODST ad or whatever it was called
just seems like the live action trailers make us want something that's very difficult for FPS games to achieve (of course...the Star Wars Battlefront games came close to have large scale foot soldier battles xD haha)

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
SelectivelyEvil13 said:
I found that to be quite an exciting trailer! I just hope that the final game lives up to even half of that feeling for the Fall of Reach. I don't really like Halo, primarily because of 2 and 3, but I have more hope for Reach that it will just have a different feel like in the trailer somewhat.
I agree
I can understand why some people don't like 2 and 3 as much (except when they just wanna be hatin')
but yeah, the FEEEEL of everything we've seen in the Reach trailers and live-action ads so far...seem to be matching up more [than for 3 or ODST]? *hopeful*

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
wooty said:
Hmmm, when the humming/singing starts, did anyone else think
"Eeeevery night in my dreams, I see you, I feeeeeeeel you!"
That is how I know you go on!

Seriously though I thought it was about to come on as well. I was like SWEET! THIS IS AWESOME! *humming* wat? Oh, thank god.

SelectivelyEvil13

Jul 28, 2010
duchaked said:
SelectivelyEvil13 said:
I found that to be quite an exciting trailer! I just hope that the final game lives up to even half of that feeling for the Fall of Reach. I don't really like Halo, primarily because of 2 and 3, but I have more hope for Reach that it will just have a different feel like in the trailer somewhat.
I agree
I can understand why some people don't like 2 and 3 as much (except when they just wanna be hatin')
but yeah, the FEEEEL of everything we've seen in the Reach trailers and live-action ads so far...seem to be matching up more [than for 3 or ODST]? *hopeful*
Yes, it seems as thought they are emphasizing the gravity of Reach's situation, where we have Spartans fighting just to barely survive. I like that the entire premise is not being depicted as a shallow "This is Sparta Reach" run n' gun, high-octane standoff. The Covenant seem like a damn serious threat, no matter the Spartan count.

I felt that 2 and 3 have an extremely rich potential that was untapped because it never offered a feeling of importance to me, even when the fight was on Earth! I could never take the Covenant as much of a threat and the mood just wasn't like that shown in the Reach videos for that appropriate connection.

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
I don't care what they say. When I get reach I'm going to curbstomp the covenant so hard, they will think that they lost.

Fall of Reach my ***. If it has to fall, I'll make it fall on the covenant.

Haro

May 27, 2009
I really liked this trailer, though I don't know if it could top the ODST trailer. That one, after all, was in Gaelic.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
0:37.... FUMBLE!

But seriously, with things like this, and Landfall, the Making of a Spartan, they NEED to get this person/these people and make a movie out of it. As long as you give them a coherent script and cash to burn, they could make an epic movie.