LoadingReadyRun: A Stitch In Time

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
Quake 3 arena sound at 00:50 ish ftw!

also, the ending bit was anti-climactic :(

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I can only imagine what would happen to Arnold Schwarzenegger if he had that watch...

MattAn24

Pulse l'Cie
Jul 16, 2009
Holy balls, that was epic. And thrice as many Pauls! A PS3 for each of them too! :D

Who knew a watch could be so deadly!? Also, it's a shame we couldn't see alternate reality versions of LRRies, including Paul!

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Very clever concept .... talk about being your own worst enemy :3 Or more correctly, you in two minutes being your very worst enemy ... 2 minutes in the future-me would probably be an asshole too :3

webrunner

Sep 23, 2009
So if I understand:

E1 (shot) fiddles around, gets shot.
E1 goes back in time to warn himself
E2 (sunglasses) goes back in time to prevent himself from warning himself
E1 follows
E3 (main) gets shot too, and then goes back in time to warn himself.
E1 dies
E2 takes sunglasses off and causes temporal incursion
causing
E4 never succeeded in creating the watch

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
Great episode, although Stephen Colbert had a Tek Jensen episode very similar to this.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/81893/february-07-2007/tek-jansen---from-the-future

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
webrunner said:
So if I understand:

E1 (shot) fiddles around, gets shot.
E1 goes back in time to warn himself
E2 (sunglasses) goes back in time to prevent himself from warning himself
E1 follows
E3 (main) gets shot too, and then goes back in time to warn himself.
E1 dies
E2 takes sunglasses off and causes temporal incursion
causing
E4 never succeeded in creating the watch
What confuses me is, that if then E3 becomes the role of E1, shouldn't there be an infinite number of E1's that die? Wait, that got wrong... Daah, my head hurts!

obex

Gone Gonzo ..... no ..... wait..
Jun 18, 2009
Arkhangelsk said:
webrunner said:
What confuses me is, that if then E3 becomes the role of E1, shouldn't there be an infinite number of E1's that die? Wait, that got wrong... Daah, my head hurts!
Its easy E1 is the dude that we see at the start inventing the time machine he refuses to listen to E3 (shot dude) and goes into the future thereby getting shot and becoming E3.

In proper time travel all the E's are the same person just at different times but because E2 (sunglasses dude) got E3 shot and killed right after his second time jump there is no way E2 could of existed because E1 became E3 and died without ever getting the chance to become E2

this creates the paradox of if E2 never existed then E1 would never have jumped into the future and got killed but if he didnt die then E2 could of existed but if he existed he would then go back in time and prevent himself from existing again and so on add infinity

sharky8998

Nov 30, 2009
Nice video, but so confusing!

Btw, was that an original gameboy I saw on the workbench at the beginning?

Gammaj4

Nov 18, 2009
Great episode to make up for the remake last week.
Also, very nice duplicating.

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
obex said:
Arkhangelsk said:
webrunner said:
Its easy E1 is the dude that we see at the start inventing the time machine he refuses to listen to E3 (shot dude) and goes into the future thereby getting shot and becoming E3.

In proper time travel all the E's are the same person just at different times but because E2 (sunglasses dude) got E3 shot and killed right after his second time jump there is no way E2 could of existed because E1 became E3 and died without ever getting the chance to become E2

this creates the paradox of if E2 never existed then E1 would never have jumped into the future and got killed but if he didnt die then E2 could of existed but if he existed he would then go back in time and prevent himself from existing again and so on add infinity
But where does E2 come in? If none of them ever came, E3 would still get shot. How did E2 even come to exist?

Myrph

Proud owner of a Jamtroller
Oct 27, 2009
Arkhangelsk said:
obex said:
Arkhangelsk said:
webrunner said:

But where does E2 come in? If none of them ever came, E3 would still get shot. How did E2 even come to exist?
Hence the paradox which ends the universe!

What I think actually happened with Sunglasses Emmett is he jumped into the future, jumped back to the point where he would have got shot, then went back to before he did his original jump and convinced E1 to go and distract the gunman so that he would get shot instead of E2.

Not that I'm overthinking this or anything!

thimblyjoe

Aug 10, 2009
Alright, here's how it really happened. E1 invents watch. E1 goes to future and buys pair of sunglasses. E1, now E2, goes back in time and gets shot, losing his sunglasses along the way, becoming E3. Then E3 time jumps to the time when E2 is getting his sunglasses. E2 freaks out and refuses to help him citing time paradoxes. E3, frustrated, then goes to get help from E1. That's where we start to see the events. When E2 gets E1 to take his place in becoming E3 we get a time paradox and the universe implodes killing all of them. WIN!

Note: I left out the events of the video itself in this. This is just an explanation of how E2 (guy with sunglasses) exists. Also, just to make sure my naming is understood, they are listed in order they appear in the video. E1=main, E2=sunglasses, E3=gunshot