LoadingReadyRun: Bright Ideas

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
am i the only one who noticed this?
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/382616/april-25-2011/cheating-death---vaxa-international--lap-band-surgery---restless-leg-syndrome

seen something familiar? (from 2:15 on)
and that's not even a week old

Littlee300

Oct 26, 2009
sunburst313 said:
Those are some awesome inventions. Still not as cool as Bullet Ball [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOOw2yWMSfk] though.
I feel so bad for that guy I feel like I should just buy one out of pity.

Lady Kathleen

Space Cowboy
Oct 8, 2009
vivster said:
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/382616/april-25-2011/cheating-death---vaxa-international--lap-band-surgery---restless-leg-syndrome

Really? Arg. I wrote this script 5 weeks ago, and we filmed it 3 weeks ago. Curse our production schedule!!

flatten_the_skyline

Jul 21, 2009
GreigKM said:
As something of a poet myself, I can safely say this invention would deter me from bothering someone with my work.
Poet-B-Gone needs testimonials like yours for their site. Contact them now and receive a free sample! (to the chest, that is)

Loved the episode!

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
Lady Kathleen said:
vivster said:

Really? Arg. I wrote this script 5 weeks ago, and we filmed it 3 weeks ago. Curse our production schedule!!
sorry for the fanboy outbreak but...

OMG THE Kathleen De Vere quoted my post!!

...yeah now everything's fine again :)

SensibleCrout

Feb 23, 2010
Aaand the good acting virus keeps spreading among the LRR folks. Srsly, you guys have really improved somewhat.

ayailla

Forever invading Himuro mansion
Jul 14, 2009
And this is why we love Wes.

Kathleen was right, Jer was amazing in this one. Kathleen was awesome as always, but it was nice to see a more muted side to Jer.

Also... somebody needs to own up to it. Who laughed at the end of the stinger? Come on, we all heard you. Was it you, Graham? It sounded like you...

Joseph Eckert

Feb 28, 2010
I really like the writing for this. Hats off to Kathleen.
"This is a gun"
a sentence that usually doesn't need to be used.

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
I liked the idea... Damn beatnicks!
Skinny Kitty could be worth a look, though! Heh, I kinda figured where it was going by virtue of the fact that Kathleen was involved and he proposed harming her beloved felines.
Jeremy's portrayal of the paranoid megalomania of inventors was brilliant.

I think Wes Borg pretty much stole the show, though.... But only because he looks exactly like a gun nut should!

Orinon

Jan 24, 2010
I liked That
"Can I see Poet BeGone"
BANG
"Wow, that was convenient.
Btw was that a real gun a a good prop.
(I know Kathleen didn't really shoot but it was still amusing

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
I need a Poet-be-Gone device as well. I deal with so many annoying people and I must deal with them everyday and it get's so tiring. D:

D Moness

Left the building
Sep 16, 2010
Yaxley said:
So who else knew at about 3:43 in that Kathleen would be shooting Jer?
I am surprised it took her that long to shoot. I would have asked for poet-be-gone after he pulled out the belt

tbug

Oct 19, 2009
AquaAscension said:
Wait - so who among the LRR crew has such a begrudging attitude towards poets? Given the rule that 90% of everything is crap, yes, there will be terribad poetry out there but, really guys, really? Actually the funny thing was I knew what was coming but still found myself laughing although mostly against my will. Guess I need to learn to laugh at myself and accept that a lot of poetry out there is bad (because it is... perhaps just not "poet begone" worthy bad).
So is it your position that Mr. Hancock was presented in such a way that the audience was supposed to respect his opinions? :) I just assumed that the intention was that we should assume that all of his statements were pretty much completely dismissible. Miss Burnett, on the other hand, struck me as quite reasonable and she didn't seem to agree that poet's were a problem.

Also, Wes Borg is awesome.

caladors

Mar 17, 2011
I enjoyed this far more than I should have.
Far far more. I loved the part at the end where she just shoots him, you saw it coming but just the way it was dilivered... Fantastic!