LoadingReadyRun: Every OS Sucks

Prof. Monkeypox

Mar 17, 2010
...and that's why I never get into the OS wars. I use a Mac currently, because my brand new, "top-of-the line" PC I had before wiped all my data at the slightest provocation, and forced me to constantly update, back-up and reinstall to avoid problems. But my Mac was expensive, occasionally locks up for no reason, and has a bunch of weak, unintuitive programs in it. Also, you have to pay through the nose for updates any sane company would give you totally free, and any time you want to get customer service you have to sit through three hours of advertising of Steve Jobs' groupies talking about how awesome Macs are, when he stole the god damned OS in the first place.

Every OS sucks indeed. There are competent programmers in the world, I know it. Why aren't they working to fix this? The first person to create a moderately priced reliable OS will surely make a killing.

Ohlookit'sMatty

Sep 11, 2008
Catchy as hell song, reminds me a little of Johnny Cash. Great idea behind the video. Always nice to the see the ladies of LRR with a video to themselves.

Plus the after credits clip was so true to life and funny as hell

-M

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
I would just like to say I enjoyed the song up until the second refrain.

Then Flash crashed. I assume that is a worthy punchline and will be moving on.

theriddlen

Apr 6, 2010
Truth.

I am user of all three systems (Macbook Pro+Homemade PC), and they all got huge problems.

Snow Leopard - Damn thing crashes very often. Maybe it's not the bluescreen, but there's no real difference - just a spinning ball, and freezed computer to restart. Problems with handling NTFS files, crashes 30 percent of times when i copy something to external memory of any kind. And my printer doesn't work there.

Linux 10.4 - Although it haven't crashed (but it may be because i don't spend much time there), there are many problems with programs, installing things is hell, and there are no noteworthy substitutes for many essential osx/windows apps. Working there requires knowing command line.

Windows 7 - Unluckily for this comparison i had to think a lot to find something bad. Just as Linux, when used normally, it does not crash anymore (last bluescreen i remember was in Release Candidate version, during installing of beta drivers), but when you make too much mess it will slow down - registry still present.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
I love the Troll hat he's wearing. took me a while to get it, but once i did... i laughed...and laughed...and laughed.

lukey94

Sep 2, 2008
A-MEN!

Windows can be unreliable but it is the best in my opinion, 7 hasn't caused me any hassle in the past year.
Mac/Apple has caused me no end of grief for 3 years .... the only good thing about Apple has been the iPod
Linux is just one big fail-pie!

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
A seven-year-old Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie song? Impressive. Repackaged and made new.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
Prof. Monkeypox said:
Every OS sucks indeed. There are competent programmers in the world, I know it. Why aren't they working to fix this? The first person to create a moderately priced reliable OS will surely make a killing.
Its not really possible. You start out with good intentions but you have to make compromises almost immediately. You can pick any two of scope (how many supported devices, programs, formats, etc..) quality (how well it runs) and cost. Actually, I'm not even convinced you can do both scope and quality since scope means you have to interface with other peoples broken drivers/apis/formats/etc...

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
Yup. This pretty much sums up everything. I'm a proud Windows user, but GOD it has problems.

Le_Lisra

norwegian cat
Jun 6, 2009
The echo things in the chorus are kinda annoying.. but yay, didn't think you'd put the video out so soon after mentioning on desert bus.

Xerox came as.. a surprise. ^^

Nice work guys.

Nimzar

Nov 30, 2009
Heheh... Every OS does suck. Just the degrees and ways that they suck differ just a little... so it comes down to which kind of sucking you are most familiar and comfortable with.

Also Reminds me of this:

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
According to this AmigaOS is the only windowing OS that doesn't suck. Sounds about righ*** Guru Meditation #00000100.0000A002 ***.

Ubuntu these days is pretty easy and painless to get up and running. A lot quicker and more hassle free than Windows anyway.