LoadingReadyRun: James Cameron's Desert Bus

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Unfortunately, I was out of town and had to miss Desert Bus this year, but I hope someone was bored enough to record it.

On another note, why is only Kathleen able to pronounce "Nevada" correctly?

Sep 9, 2010
Mydnyght said:
Delusibeta said:
Got pig, watched Top Gear...

I think I've forgotten something.
I think it was play Minecraft.

Also, THE BUS STEERS TO THE LEFT (seven times)... Best. Script. Ever.

By the way... HOLY FUCK, Matt has a BEARD?!?! Sweet, I should've known that day would come!
\
I think he's trying to replace Tim.
OT:I laughed. Good work Drs LRR. I wish I saw the end of Desert Bus

Koeryn

Mar 2, 2009
bakonslayer said:
coldfrog said:
While I might not think Cameron is much when it comes to, oh, I don't know, story or characters, you have to admit that he will take the technology he can use to the limit. He does deserve credit for that. Now if only they could put together a decent script for him...
That's why for Cameron's newest masterpiece he got rid of all modern pretenses for a storyline or characters and put all of his emphasis on the pure, raw emotion of handling a bus through the Las Vegas desert. He understands your concerns and as the second one is now coming out, is hoping to blow away his last performance on the RETURN trip from Las Vegas, Nevada. He is changing modern cinema as we know it. You can say goodbye to those vapid buddy cop movies and those tedious romantic comedies, Cameron's newest epic trilogy inspires only the realest in realism. You'll probably see many copies over the next few months.

Tundra Motorhome... 'shudders'
It just occurred to me that Desert Bus is a ghost story.

Look at it: A mysterious driver behind the wheel of a bus that has no passengers, that does nothing but drive endlessly between Tucson and Vegas. The driver doesn't eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom: He exists only to forever drive the route that killed him!

OldGrover

Nov 10, 2009
Koeryn said:
It just occurred to me that Desert Bus is a ghost story.

Look at it: A mysterious driver behind the wheel of a bus that has no passengers, that does nothing but drive endlessly between Tucson and Vegas. The driver doesn't eat, sleep, or go to the bathroom: He exists only to forever drive the route that killed him!
Now there's a Challenge for DB5! "Tell a ghost story based on Desert Bus". Though, they did do a game of Mafia which was based on Desert Bus, which was kinda close (and had lots of people being thrown under the wheels and/or being impaled by the cursor on the loading screen)

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
coldfrog said:
JacobyPAX said:
That video could have used more James Cameron bashing.
Now if only they could put together a decent script for him...
*cough* Aliens, Terminator 2 *cough*. Cameron was actually one of my favourite directors growing up, and Terminator 2 is one of those almost perfect action movies. He's just gone downhill lately, I think it's both a combination of his ego and his attempt to mainstream his concepts. Also, he keeps recycling the same character ideas over and over. In his movies, capitalists are always evil for no decent reason, scientists are always the good guys, there's a strong female character (I'm not complaining about this one actually) and the military is run by sociopaths.

Also, he needs to shut the hell up about the Alberta Oil Sands, it is not a 'diverse ecosystem', barely anything grows there, it's just rocks and moss.

Alex Ford

Oct 27, 2009
coldfrog said:
JacobyPAX said:
While I might not think Cameron is much when it comes to, oh, I don't know, story or characters, you have to admit that he will take the technology he can use to the limit. He does deserve credit for that. Now if only they could put together a decent script for him...
Didn't Aliens, Terminator 2, and especially The Abyss have enough story and characters for you?

I would love to know where the credits music came from though.

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
bus steers to the left.

my god that script you put up had me laughing so hard!

the head at the end was freaking terrifying!

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
A possibility of a Desert Bus prequel?! Genius! I'd watch it.

Also, Watch Top Gear. Play Minecraft. Get flag.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Alex Ford said:
coldfrog said:
JacobyPAX said:
Didn't Aliens, Terminator 2, and especially The Abyss have enough story and characters for you?

I would love to know where the credits music came from though.
Blind Sight said:
coldfrog said:
JacobyPAX said:
Now if only they could put together a decent script for him...
*cough* Aliens, Terminator 2 *cough*. Cameron was actually one of my favourite directors growing up, and Terminator 2 is one of those almost perfect action movies. He's just gone downhill lately, I think it's both a combination of his ego and his attempt to mainstream his concepts. Also, he keeps recycling the same character ideas over and over. In his movies, capitalists are always evil for no decent reason, scientists are always the good guys, there's a strong female character (I'm not complaining about this one actually) and the military is run by sociopaths.

Also, he needs to shut the hell up about the Alberta Oil Sands, it is not a 'diverse ecosystem', barely anything grows there, it's just rocks and moss.
No idea he did that stuff. I saw them before I actually cared about who was actually involved in making it, and since I'm not a huge action movie watcher for the most part, I never really re-watched them. Despite the time travel of T2.

Oh, except the Abyss, which I am embarrassed to say I've never seen. Then again, I've generally preferred my Sci-Fi in text form and so I kept putting it off.

Myrph

Proud owner of a Jamtroller
Oct 27, 2009
WUUULLVVEEEEERRRRMMMMMAAAAAAANNNNGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!

or should that be
WHHHAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGAAAAAARRRRRRBBBBBBLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

MowDownJoe

Apr 8, 2009
RougeWaveform said:
Beard Matt looks like Tim. So I guess Tim is back!
DAMNIT! You beat me to it. I mean, they gave him some guff about that during Desert Bus, but on a closer shot, he REALLY looks like Tim.

Ahh... it was great watching Desert Bus all the way through (well... off and on... when I wasn't sleeping or actually doing work). I'll miss it.

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
I watched desert bus on and off trough the days when I could but I missed the ending. Now I know it was something cool and not an ending in a low note like the final fearful whimper of a long, noisy and smelly fart.

Hehe, "fart"

What was I talking about?