LoadingReadyRun: The Canadian

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Awesome. Thoroughly, thoroughly awesome. My Canadian half applauds you, even as my American half continues to retch at the idea of consuming poutine with maple syrup.

Also, my spell-check apparently objects to the word "poutine". @$%# you, spell check.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
OMG, where does that rotund Iron Man with a tie come from???

Captcha :Carry a towel. Hmm, apparently Captcha believes I am going on a journey. Maybe to Canada?

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Our home and na- oh

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
So that's what Poutine looks like, chips with lumpy gravy.

Would an English person be Homo Britus or Homo Englus?

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
Hmmm, never had syrup in my poutine but I do live near a restaurant dedicated to poutine with a wide variety of toppings. Maybe they have that option, eh?

kailus13 said:
So that's what Poutine looks like, chips with lumpy gravy.

Would an English person be Homo Britus or Homo Englus?

Man, it's good stuff.

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Anesthetic, better anesthetic, and minibar peanuts (ands lots of 'em).
Good thing that Living in Canada discount covers all that. Good to know.

CAPTCHA: face the music
Well, that's what a rude Canadian does, I guess. While being deported to Butte.

PayneTrayne

Filled with ReLRRgious fervor.
Dec 17, 2009
Quite possibly my favourite Canada day episode you've done, Canadaman entries not withstanding.

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
While this is good, I think that doing The Whole Story might have been better.

Aardvaarkman

I am the one who eats ants!
Jul 14, 2011
Why didn't the video video explain why Canadians are unable to spell the name of their own country? If the inhabitants are called "Canadians," then the name of the country should be either "Canadi" or "Canadia."

On the other hand, if the name of the country is actually "Canada," then then name of its inhabitants should be "Canadans" (not to be confused with Canoe Dan).

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
Question: I found myself wearing a plaid shirt today, and that picture of poutine up there looks delicious. Am I turning into a Canadian? Is it infectious?

Issurru

Jun 13, 2010
And I thought that Shepard danced bad....

Also that last shot at the end with Paul and Kathleen was amazing, runner up goes to James and his marvelous poutine.

Is it weird that I, as a Canadian have never had poutine?

Trinab

Feb 1, 2013
Always fun seeing the jabs at my home nation.

Although the 'eh' thing continues to mildly annoy me, as most people in western Canada only use it as an affirmation.

"How about this weather, eh?"

Valanthe

Sep 24, 2009
Issurru said:
And I thought that Shepard danced bad....

Also that last shot at the end with Paul and Kathleen was amazing, runner up goes to James and his marvelous poutine.

Is it weird that I, as a Canadian have never had poutine?
Yes, yes it is, you should rectify this. No true Canadian should live without tasting this gooey, delicious, artery blocking, so-bad-for-you-yet-so-good delicacy.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Thank you, LRR, for bringing word of our country's customs. Maybe now the world can understand the strange nature of the Canadian and no longer fear it.

(though it could use more Tim Horton's though)

Never saw the appeal in poutine though. Maybe it's because I don't like gravy, but I can never eat a full cup of one. Fries and syrup are great, though never had them together. I'll make note to try it.

My "delicious-yet-so-bad-for-you" food is more the medium-spice chicken sandwich from California Sandwiches (a Toronto-based Italian sandwich chain), though it's more unhealthy on the standpoint that these sandwiches are about the size of your face. That's why it's best to usually cut it in half and save the rest for later. One half is more than enough for your average lunch. These sandwiches are also about $10 LOL.

Shaidz

Jul 8, 2012
Epic as always; and to all you Americans, Colour is spelled COLOUR, there IS a U, get Use to it! Oh and Mum, is Mum, not Mom, that just sounds strange -_-".

From a concerned hobbit of New Zealand (where we speak The Queens English)

stephen0118

Jan 13, 2010
PayneTrayne said:
Quite possibly my favourite Canada day episode you've done, Canadaman entries not withstanding.
I have to agree. Even though I'm not Canadian, I was raised speaking British English, so people think I come from Canada from my accent. This whole episode made me laugh so hard.

Miyenne

May 16, 2013
Poutine. It makes me proud to be Canadian. And now thanks to this video I have an excuse for being fat; I'm bulking up for the winters.