Lollipop Chainsaw Review

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
Zyrocz said:
"Bronies" are one of the worst thing on the internets these days, and the day these people grow up and release how stupid MLP is, will be a glorius day.
(Sorry for going off topic here, but I've yet to find a place were Lollipop Chainsaw is mentioned, without a bunch of MLP fanboys trying to turn this game into something MLP relevant.)
Worse than assholes who immediately assume things about people without doing any research or looking at other websites? In other words, people like you?

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
saintdane05 said:
Worse than assholes who immediately assume things about people without doing any research or looking at other websites? In other words, people like you?
Just report him and move along.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Despite everything that rocks about this game (I mean Tara Strong you guys, you guys, Tara Strong) I hear its only a few hours long, like 4, thats feeble as f*ck. Still its only £40 here in England which was a big shock (thats on the lower side of 50 that makes me feel good) so... maybe i'll give it a try... *looks at Tara Strong poster*... go away, I gotta go do stuff...

Infernai

Apr 14, 2009
Tanis said:
I've watched waaaay too many shows with Tara Strong doing the voices in it.
And now, because you demanded it:

The Blockbuster hit of the year: Nolan North and Tara Strong Are...

EVERYONE!

Coming this summer to a theater near you

And the sad part is, i actually think that it might actually be able to work as an animated feature.

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
Infernai said:
Tanis said:

EVERYONE!

And the sad part is, i actually think that it might actually be able to work as an animated feature.
Ironically featuring Steven Blum in the lead role.

Noxogz

Nov 7, 2011
him over there said:
Infernai said:
Tanis said:

EVERYONE!

Ironically featuring Steven Blum in the lead role.
With a cameo from Mark Hamill playing The Joker.

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
Formica Archonis said:
Mike Kayatta said:
... ahead through tqhe next door...
Might I suggest letting go of the thoughts of THQ? It's affecting your spelling.
Oh, so you want plain old ho-hum "regular" spelling, then? Fine, fine, edited.

Mike Kayatta

Minister of Secrets
Aug 2, 2011
DVS BSTrD said:
Isn't this game only about fours long to?
I have heard this rumor, but it's really closer to six or seven. Plus, it's sort of "arcade style," which is to say that it's designed to be replayed, pushing for high scores. Seems a bit unlikely that most will do that, but it's what they're going for.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Weirdly Tara is also a Suda 51 veteran, having played Kaede in Killer7 and Cloe Walsh and Margaret Moonlight in No More Heroes 2.

Also, I guaran-goddamned-tee that you will have either Lollipop, Hey Mickey, or Spin Me Round stuck in your head for DAYS after playing this game.

Revnak_v1legacy

Fixed by "Monday"
Mar 28, 2010
Zyrocz said:
The only thing I dislike about this game is that it seems to attract a lot of little girls. Or atleast I hope it's nothing else than little girls.
If it's one thing this game has taught it is that these "bronies"(?) are a bunch of sad people who's desperately seeking other people like them selves. They're doing this by pushing this MLP bullshit into every unrelevant thing just so they can show of how pathetic they're community is.

"Bronies" are one of the worst thing on the internets these days, and the day these people grow up and release how stupid MLP is, will be a glorius day.
(Sorry for going off topic here, but I've yet to find a place were Lollipop Chainsaw is mentioned, without a bunch of MLP fanboys trying to turn this game into something MLP relevant.)
Ah yes, Bronies, humans who have committed the great crime of liking something you don't. To the gulags with their bunch, they clearly deserve no better.

Listen, I honestly cannot give less fucks about MLP than I do. Half of my friends watch and I don't because I have better things to do than watch a cartoon about ponies. But I also have better things to do than getting pissed off at people for liking things. This is why I will never understand you guys who keep getting pissed off about this and feel that they need to insult people for liking a dumb cartoon. The only possible answer that I have come up with is that you guys are projecting your fears of immasculation onto them, which makes me want to name you the tiny penis club.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
I enjoyed it, and I reckon it's worth at least 4/5. I don't think I'll go back for some of the highscore beating achievements but some of the collectables and upgrades achievements won't be that difficult.

An overall enjoyable and funny game to boot.

NightmareWarden

Jul 2, 2011
You know what I think could have made this game into a much larger, more interesting and more respectable game? change the protagonist to Harley Quinn. There are similarities in their voices and it could have been an interesting spinoff of sorts. It could have even kept the zombie theme, say all of joker's minions were turned into zombies by a bad batch of laughing gas and you've got a story.

I haven't played the game so I cannot say that it is bad, but from what I've seen Lollipop Chainsaw like a bad, but highly entertaining, game. Some people will love it and others will hate it.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
A hyper-sexualized girl who weilds a chainsaw, has other-wordly powers, and likes to eat lolipops? That sounds familiar...

Although to be fair, she doesn't have that as one of her main weapons.

Sheo_Dagana

Aug 12, 2009
Ya know, I liked this game and I enjoyed it for what it is, but its one of those games that kind of makes me embarrassed to play video games. I mean, not that I have a problem with picking up the game or anything. Its just one of those games that makes it hard to take gaming seriously. Juliet is a parody of a parody, yes, but the average person doesn't know that. People see marketing for this game and they think that is what we, as gamers, look for and desire in a female.

Yes, its a parody and it was made with a purpose in mind, but the average Joe isn't going to notice that. They'll simply see posters with Juliet seductively devouring a lollipop in a skimpy outfit and shape their heads in confusion and disappointment. I mean, I know we like to pretend that we don't give a shit about what other people think, but we also feel the urge to DEFEND gaming as well. Lollipop Chainsaw doesn't make that easier to do.

That aside, I had a blast with the game. It was a fun beat-'em-up and I loved Michael Rosenbaum as Nick! Little on the short side, I am surprised that wasn't mentioned more.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
008Zulu said:
ForgottenPr0digy said:
are the feminist going to attack this game as well??
They'd attack their own reflection in a mirror.

I have to admit, this is not what I imagined from a game titled "Lollipop Chainsaw".
Then stupid guys would attack them for attacking the mirror and say that the mirror showed off guys worse.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
Anyone getting the feeling that the people behind this concept just took one concept (Bubbly Valley Girl Cheerleader Fights Zombies) and rolled with it without any real design plan or any cohesive idea of what the hell to do?

It sounds like this would've been a fun game if it was more thought out.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
saintdane05 said:
Fr said:
anc[is]
saintdane05 said:
Just report him and move along.
Your right. We should ignore obnoxious assholes.
Love and tolerance and the report button.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
Mike Kayatta said:
Lollipop Chainsaw Review

If a bubbly cheerleader dicing zombies with a magical chainsaw gets boring, something's gone horribly wrong.

Read Full Article
Kind of a strange star rating given the rest of the review. Seems more like you'd want to give it a two.

OT: Game is totally uninteresting to me, but dat girl is so pwerty <3

Yay for hormones.