Long Gone Escapist?

FriedRicer

Sep 19, 2010
I just made this thread to see if anyone else had posters they remember but can't find.

I'm looking for a guy that used to double post as himself and Calumon does anyone kno what became of him?

How did Vault101 come back?

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Generally I find I hang around here enough that I'll know what happens to most people who disappear, [user]Jack and Calumon[/user] for example has slowly drifted away from the site over the last couple of years.

As for Vault101, the staff let her come back after a year-long ban on an adhoc basis, it's happened with a couple of other users such as the infamous Zeel, who was rebanned within a few hours of returning from his original ban.

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
In special cases, people are let back in again after a year of being banned. So that explains Vault (and others) coming back again.

OT: Anyone remember that user who kept accusing the mods of being sexist?
EDIT: Ah, it was [user]Retrograde[/user], now banned. So that explains where he went.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I miss Furburt that crazy nutjob. Apparently he and a few others hang around on a Forum called The Basement (an in joke for Escapist new user greetings that seems to have fallen on the wayside in recent years)

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
FargoDog and Aby_Z used to be regulars, but I haven't seen them around here in ages.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Well, there was Kahunaburger. I remember him. Although I don't really remember anything specific about him.

For some reason I tend to forget the ones that just sorta drift off, but remember the ones who get banned.

It's rather funny when a really old thread gets dredged up from the depths and somewhere between a third and half of the people have since been banned. The way the HP bar thing works here, it seems all us old-timers catch the hammer eventually.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Oh I forgot about HankMan! For a few months, that guy had a terrible pun for every single news piece on the site.

FriedRicer

Sep 19, 2010
JoJo said:
Generally I find I hang around here enough that I'll know what happens to most people who disappear, [user]Jack and Calumon[/user] for example has slowly drifted away from the site over the last couple of years.

As for Vault101, the staff let her come back after a year-long ban on an adhoc basis, it's happened with a couple of other users such as the infamous Zeel, who was rebanned within a few hours of returning from his original ban.
THANK YOU! I couldn't remember the name to save my life!
What do you mean "adhoc basis"

FriedRicer

Sep 19, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Oh I forgot about HankMan! For a few months, that guy had a terrible pun for every single news piece on the site.
Did he get banned for the pun threads?

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
I haven't seen pimppeter and his kfc style avatar or neonbob and his nuking wales avatar in while. I assume they just drifted off.

I only remember them for the silly amount of posts they had.

Also maxthereaper.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Chrono212 come to my mind. I think he is still alived and kicking (his steam account is active) but I guessing he either lurk back onto this site or just no longer care about commenting on here.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
FriedRicer said:
I mean it's not something they do for every banned user, only for those they think were particularly deserving of a second chance, possibly only by request. In Vault's case, she was probably brought back because she was a popular long-time poster and her final infraction was borderline, Zeel on the other hand was banned for some off-site posts which were never conclusively linked to him and so most likely they gave him a second chance in-case it were someone-else setting him up. Not that he lasted long on that chance anyhow.

Hankman got suspended for something, can't remember what, then immediately ban-jumped under the name Hankman 2.0 or something similar. Well, that was the end of him :-/

FriedRicer

Sep 19, 2010
JoJo said:
FriedRicer said:
I mean it's not something they do for every banned user, only for those they think were particularly deserving of a second chance, possibly only by request. In Vault's case, she was probably brought back because she was a popular long-time poster and her final infraction was borderline, Zeel on the other hand was banned for some off-site posts which were never conclusively linked to him and so most likely they gave him a second chance in-case it were someone-else setting him up. Not that he lasted long on that chance anyhow.

Hankman got suspended for something, can't remember what, then immediately ban-jumped under the name Hankman 2.0 or something similar. Well, that was the end of him :-/
Ah I see now.Thanks for the history-I look for your avatar in threads as well!

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Anyone remember [user]Swollen Goat[/user]? He was banned long ago but he was one of the coolest dudes around here. Oh Goat! Why! Why did you have to leave us! *Sobs* Dx

Also, [user]Aylaine[/user]. She was The Escapist's favorite user amongst everyone on this site and then she left. She mysteriously came back for a month and then disappeared again. Can't help but suspiciously raise an eyebrow because of that...

Oh! And [user]Neonbob[/user]! He was, like, the fucking king of this damn site! He did EVERYTHING around here! Write a review? Check. Be the very first to hit the 10k post mark on this site? Check. User group? N word, you better believe that's a check! Where the hell is he? D:

And how can I forget fellow penguin [user]megapenguinx[/user]? Loved that dude. Formed the Penguin Appreciation Society... and then left. :(

Let's see, who else do I remember... There's [user]Amnestic[/user], [user]A random person[/user], [user]Vrex360[/user], [user]Pimppeter2[/user], [user]Suiseiseki IRL[/user], [user]Portal Maniac[/user], [user]Tagball[/user], [user]Lambi[/user], [user]Julianking93[/user], [user]xmetatr0nx[/user], [user]VaudevillianVeteran[/user], um... That's all I remember at this point, but I'm sure there are others! I just remember those names. Can't say that I've talked to most of them, but I remember. :p

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
War Penguin said:
Oh! And [user]Neonbob[/user]! He was, like, the fucking king of this damn site! He did EVERYTHING around here! Write a review? Check. Be the very first to hit the 10k post mark on this site? Check. User group? N word, you better believe that's a check! Where the hell is he? D:
He's still about, his life just became weird.
He got married.
Had a kid.
Neonbob as a father...scary thought. XD

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
FriedRicer said:
I just made this thread to see if anyone else had posters they remember but can't find.

I'm looking for a guy that used to double post as himself and Calumon does anyone kno what became of him?

How did Vault101 come back?
Jack and Calumon only post(s) in user groups these days, to my understanding.

Unfortunately, I know where most of the missing people I think about are: banned.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I think in Vault's case her ban was for 6 - 12 months and it expired. I actually think that's how it works in general? Not sure to be honest.

FriedRicer

Sep 19, 2010
War Penguin said:
Anyone remember [user]Swollen Goat[/user]? He was banned long ago but he was one of the coolest dudes around here. Oh Goat! Why! Why did you have to leave us! *Sobs* Dx

Also, [user]Aylaine[/user]. She was The Escapist's favorite user amongst everyone on this site and then she left. She mysteriously came back for a month and then disappeared again. Can't help but suspiciously raise an eyebrow because of that...

And how can I forget fellow penguin [user]megapenguinx[/user]? Loved that dude. Formed the Penguin Appreciation Society... and then left. :(

Let's see, who else do I remember... There's [user]Amnestic[/user], [user]A random person[/user], [user]Vrex360[/user], [user]Pimppeter2[/user], [user]Suiseiseki IRL[/user], [user]Portal Maniac[/user], [user]Tagball[/user], [user]Lambi[/user], [user]Julianking93[/user], [user]xmetatr0nx[/user], [user]VaudevillianVeteran[/user], um... That's all I remember at this point, but I'm sure there are others! I just remember those names. Can't say that I've talked to most of them, but I remember. :p
I remember Goat! Glad Vault is back tho. Even if I disagree with some thing she says, it felt empty without DAT NOISE!...
and well written posts.

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Sassafrass said:
He's still about, his life just became weird.
He got married.
Had a kid.
Neonbob as a father...scary thought. XD
Whoa whoa whoa whoa! Whoa! Whoa! ... whoa.

Neonbob has a kid?!? Shows how close I was to him... :p

Also, what the hell happened to that Sasquatch99 guy? God, what a total douche!

;D

SirBryghtside said:
Suiseiseki's still around, just under a different name (I'll leave it to you to find out what that is, though) and Portal Maniac quit posting in the forums a while back - though he still hangs around in some of the groups and stuff.
Ah, why do you gotta leave me hanging like that, man?

Also, I figured some were still around, but hiding in usergroups. Thing is, I'm not a fan of usergroups, so I wouldn't know. :p
FriedRicer said:
I remember Goat! Glad Vault is back tho. Even if I disagree with some thing she says, it felt empty without DAT NOISE!...
and well written posts.
Glad someone does. I miss him dearly. And I agree, Vault does have well written posts. Not very well spelled, but well written.

Yeah, I said it!

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
War Penguin said:
Whoa whoa whoa whoa! Whoa! Whoa! ... whoa.

Neonbob has a kid?!? Shows how close I was to him... :p

Also, what the hell happened to that Sasquatch99 guy? God, what a total douche!

;D
I know, right? Sasquatch99 was such a shit-head, glad he fucked off and left for the site forever. XD

There was no fuck up here...