Long Gone Escapist?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
War Penguin said:
Also, [user]Aylaine[/user]. She was The Escapist's favorite user amongst everyone on this site and then she left. She mysteriously came back for a month and then disappeared again. Can't help but suspiciously raise an eyebrow because of that...
Yeah, I miss her too. She was one of my favourite people to talk to.

Jun 11, 2008
I've seen so many people come and go on this site its hard to remember them all. Most of the ones that do come to mind have already been mentioned though aside from a few people like Demented Teddy, Khell Sonnet, Avykins and Nomoresanity. Other people I'm sure are around but don't bother with the main forums anymore and a lot of people even before user groups tended to stick to the forum games.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
Sassafrass said:
War Penguin said:
Oh! And [user]Neonbob[/user]! He was, like, the fucking king of this damn site! He did EVERYTHING around here! Write a review? Check. Be the very first to hit the 10k post mark on this site? Check. User group? N word, you better believe that's a check! Where the hell is he? D:
He's still about, his life just became weird.
He got married.
Had a kid.
Neonbob as a father...scary thought. XD
I thought my ego was tingling :D
Over the past few years, I have become much more of a lurker than the active poster I was. But at least I had you to take up the spot I left!
Quick bit of fact-checking, though...
I was the first to 15k, IndigoDingo was the first to hit 10k.

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
War Penguin said:
Anyone remember [user]Swollen Goat[/user]? He was banned long ago but he was one of the coolest dudes around here. Oh Goat! Why! Why did you have to leave us! *Sobs* Dx

Also, [user]Aylaine[/user]. She was The Escapist's favorite user amongst everyone on this site and then she left. She mysteriously came back for a month and then disappeared again. Can't help but suspiciously raise an eyebrow because of that...

Oh! And [user]Neonbob[/user]! He was, like, the fucking king of this damn site! He did EVERYTHING around here! Write a review? Check. Be the very first to hit the 10k post mark on this site? Check. User group? N word, you better believe that's a check! Where the hell is he? D:

And how can I forget fellow penguin [user]megapenguinx[/user]? Loved that dude. Formed the Penguin Appreciation Society... and then left. :(

Let's see, who else do I remember... There's [user]Amnestic[/user], [user]A random person[/user], [user]Vrex360[/user], [user]Pimppeter2[/user], [user]Suiseiseki IRL[/user], [user]Portal Maniac[/user], [user]Tagball[/user], [user]Lambi[/user], [user]Julianking93[/user], [user]xmetatr0nx[/user], [user]VaudevillianVeteran[/user], um... That's all I remember at this point, but I'm sure there are others! I just remember those names. Can't say that I've talked to most of them, but I remember. :p
Um... I'm not sure what happened to Swollen Goat, I haven't seen them around in a long time. Aylaine did come back briefly, but she disappeared shortly after. At the time, I chalked it up to job and life stuff, which I still assume it is. Neonbob is in fact still about, a father, and a cool dude. Megapenguinx was a tech writer for PCWorld, not he works at Yahoo! I believe. (Don't quote me on that, though. I don't talk to him too too much.) Amnestic I spoke to a bit after he stopped showing up, but that was years ago. A random person, Vrex360, Suiseiseki IRL, Portal Maniac, Tagball, Julianking93, and xmetatr0nx I never really spoke to. So no answers there. Pimppeter2 used to hang out on another forum, but I haven't done much hanging around there, so no idea if that's still on-going. I haven't spoken to VaudevillianVeteran in ages either, so I'm not terribly helpful there.

Although I don't keep up with as many old Escapists as I should. I'm probably ancient to a lot of users here... I wonder what ever happened to FeNinja?

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
Sassafrass said:
War Penguin said:
Whoa whoa whoa whoa! Whoa! Whoa! ... whoa.

Neonbob has a kid?!? Shows how close I was to him... :p

Also, what the hell happened to that Sasquatch99 guy? God, what a total douche!

;D
I know, right? Sasquatch99 was such a shit-head, glad he fucked off and left for the site forever. XD

There was no fuck up here...
There was a fuck up. A fuck up from Sasquatch99. Not you, Sasssafrass. :D

Seriously, am I the only one who remembers you by that name. I'm not on the groups at all, so I don't see anyone else who does.
canadamus_prime said:
War Penguin said:
Eh. I really don't wanna be that guy who rains on the parade, but... I always found Aylaine to be a tad... perfect. A bit too perfect, even. Almost suspiciously so. You don't meet many people who are as nice and easy to get along with, ESPECIALLY on the internet! I didn't really deny the possibility, but I always had an eyebrow raised when she appeared. I understand that she was a friend to MANY people, but... I dunno. I guess I never really felt the same. Sorry.
NewClassic said:
Goat got banned, I know that much. :(

I understand that lots of people just kind of drift away, what with having a life away from their computers, but it's still weird to have them be gone.

Also, you are, like, The Escapist golem... guardian... thing. Like, this giant talking statue who knows all and remembers so many stories, regarding the site, acting as such a wise and powerful character. Awesome. :0

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
Aylaine disappeared, I wonder if she'll mysteriously show up again one day like she did last time.

MelasZepheos and Lucem712 drifted away.

Some of the older users are still around, but stay in the user groups.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
JoJo said:
Generally I find I hang around here enough that I'll know what happens to most people who disappear, [user]Jack and Calumon[/user] for example has slowly drifted away from the site over the last couple of years.

As for Vault101, the staff let her come back after a year-long ban on an adhoc basis, it's happened with a couple of other users such as the infamous Zeel, who was rebanned within a few hours of returning from his original ban.
I kind of miss Jack and Calumon. His was a fun gimmick...

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
I liked FargoDog. A pity he's not around anymore; I recommended him a manga and he actually started reading it.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Zhukov said:
Well, there was Kahunaburger. I remember him. Although I don't really remember anything specific about him.
Same. I always noticed his posts because Pulp Fiction is my favorite movie. His presence always put that scene in my head where Sam Jackson says: "Big Kahuna Burger. That's that Hawaiian burger joint? I hear they got some tasty burgers..."

I wonder. Will anyone remember me when I'm gone, or am I to be forgotten?

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
War Penguin said:
Anyone remember [user]Swollen Goat[/user]? He was banned long ago but he was one of the coolest dudes around here. Oh Goat! Why! Why did you have to leave us! *Sobs* Dx
If I recall correctly, something very bad happened to Goat. He also went to the subforum for the banned, a mate of mine said something happened to him... I don't remember of it was a bad illness or something worse, but I remember being incredibly sad to hear the news.

As a Clutch fan, he was one of the few names I remember before really getting involved.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
FargoDog, Kahunaburger and Aylaine are the peeps I miss the most. Fargo was a cool dude, and I didn't really know Kahuna, but I remember him being funny.

As for Aylaine, I actually didn't talk to her at all until she returned for that brief stint. During her time back on the site we actually talked a lot. She was a cool chick, wish she was still around :(

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Man, I wonder if I ever left if I would end up as a ghost in one of these threads...

Tippy2k2? More like tippyWHOk2? Amiright?!?!

I don't really have anyone in mind (most people that become absent I usually find out later were banned like...Nintendo Defense guy...Mr. Jeffers? Calvin and Hobbes avatar? That guy). I basically just wanted to tell that horrible joke/pun.

I suppose there are people whom I wonder why they don't post more often anymore that are still here but I think it'd be a little weird to call them out...

EDIT: Oh! This doesn't quite count (since I know he was banned) but I do wish that @x-Tomfoolery-x was still around. From what I've heard, he got banned for ban-jumping but he had 911 posts without a warning before he was dropped by the hammer. Whether he was actually a giant asshat in disguise or someone who actually did turn a new leaf is something I was always curious about for he seemed great to me...

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
FriedRicer said:
I just made this thread to see if anyone else had posters they remember but can't find.

I'm looking for a guy that used to double post as himself and Calumon does anyone kno what became of him?

How did Vault101 come back?
necromancy....

......lets keep that one buried I think....

Kitsune Hunter

What a beautiful Duwang!
Dec 18, 2011
I wonder what DVS BSTrD and Matthew94 are up to? I know they've been banned, but from what I can remember it wasn't for anything serious, just a build up of warnings. I do miss DVS BSTrD's posts in the Forum games and the Critical Miss threads, they always did put a smile on my face and it would be nice to see Matthew94 as apparently we go to the same university.

Om a side note I also miss Gunsmithkitten, not because I liked her or anything, she was crazy and deserved to get banned, but it was never a dull moment when she was around and a part of me would to see her come back, just to see if she would have changed or would still be the same as before

War Penguin

Serious Whimsy
Jun 13, 2009
ThreeName said:
War Penguin said:
If I recall correctly, something very bad happened to Goat. He also went to the subforum for the banned, a mate of mine said something happened to him... I don't remember of it was a bad illness or something worse, but I remember being incredibly sad to hear the news.

As a Clutch fan, he was one of the few names I remember before really getting involved.
Whoa whoa whoa, wait WHAT?! That just turned my feigned sadness for the sake of comedy into actual sadness for the sake of legitimacy! Holy shit! Oh my god... I loved that dude. He was an incredibly cool guy... I hope he's okay now at least...

Mossberg Shotty

Jan 12, 2013
omega 616 said:
I haven't seen pimppeter and his kfc style avatar or neonbob and his nuking wales avatar in while. I assume they just drifted off.

I only remember them for the silly amount of posts they had.

Also maxthereaper.
I don't know what happened to NeonBob on this site, but I'm pretty sure he's still on my Xbox friends list, somewhere in the back. I can't remember what MaxTheReaper got banned for, that was before I had a profile.

Back when I watched intently from the shadows...

EDIT: Oh, just thought of something. What ever happened to Katatori Kun? That guy was so deep.

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
War Penguin said:
Also, you are, like, The Escapist golem... guardian... thing. Like, this giant talking statue who knows all and remembers so many stories, regarding the site, acting as such a wise and powerful character. Awesome. :0
Heh, I'm just a networking kinda person. I love getting to chat with people, so I have a natural habit of accruing stories over time. That said, I'm also off doing other stuff as well, but I'd hate to leave this place behind. I have so many memories of cool folks and neat things done, even if no one that's still around remembers the people I have memories of.

So yeah, if you're reading this now, send me a message or hit me up on Skype/Steam/IRC. I'd love to have a conversation.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
WHo was the guy (or girl) who had all the Ash Williams GIFS avatars? Anyone remember him? (or her.... or it)

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
War Penguin said:
canadamus_prime said:
War Penguin said:
Eh. I really don't wanna be that guy who rains on the parade, but... I always found Aylaine to be a tad... perfect. A bit too perfect, even. Almost suspiciously so. You don't meet many people who are as nice and easy to get along with, ESPECIALLY on the internet! I didn't really deny the possibility, but I always had an eyebrow raised when she appeared. I understand that she was a friend to MANY people, but... I dunno. I guess I never really felt the same. Sorry.
Suspicious or not she was still a joy to talk to.

ThreeName

May 8, 2013
War Penguin said:
Whoa whoa whoa, wait WHAT?! That just turned my feigned sadness for the sake of comedy into actual sadness for the sake of legitimacy! Holy shit! Oh my god... I loved that dude. He was an incredibly cool guy... I hope he's okay now at least...
Yeah, sorry I don't have any more specific information, I wasn't really active on forums at the time; all I've got is vague second-hand stuff. I hope he's okay now too.