Long Gone Escapist?

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
Mossberg Shotty said:
omega 616 said:
I haven't seen pimppeter and his kfc style avatar or neonbob and his nuking wales avatar in while. I assume they just drifted off.

I only remember them for the silly amount of posts they had.

Also maxthereaper.
I don't know what happened to NeonBob on this site, but I'm pretty sure he's still on my Xbox friends list, somewhere in the back. I can't remember what MaxTheReaper got banned for, that was before I had a profile.

Back when I watched intently from the shadows...

EDIT: Oh, just thought of something. What ever happened to Katatori Kun? That guy was so deep.
Katatori got banned off when that dongle case with that Richards lady was running rampant through the forums. Max got banned because some user called him a girl and shit hit the fan.

It was kinda scary at how fast it escalated actually

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I'm so bad at names -.-

I can remember avatars, and certain, few, names, my posting hit a peak during 2012, nowadays I don't post so much anymore. Mainly hang around the PremierLeague UserGroup discussing football. I've been thinking about trying to get a bit more active again in the forums.

Hadn't even noticed Vault is back... That's how inactive I am, then again he doesn't have the (rain gravestone)dog as an avatar, which I know him for, since many had that avatar as a goodbye avatar for him after the ban.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
omega 616 said:
I haven't seen pimppeter and his kfc style avatar
Pimp took a leave of the site because of some personal issues. He's physically fine, as far as I know, but I'm not sure if he'll ever be back in the capacity that he once was.
Man...actually thinking about it, there are so damn many people that I used to know that have disappeared or been banned. What's worse is that they vastly outnumber the people that I knew in real life. I honestly don't even want to do the whole listing thing, since I'm sure I'll just forget people and feel guilty later.
The forum games have gotten an entirely new cast of regulars from the crowd I used to babble with, and Off-Topic has been through enough personality changes to make a psychologist weep. But hey, at least you're still around, Nuke :D

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Guffe said:
I'm so bad at names -.-

I can remember avatars, and certain, few, names, my posting hit a peak during 2012, nowadays I don't post so much anymore. Mainly hang around the PremierLeague UserGroup discussing football. I've been thinking about trying to get a bit more active again in the forums.

Hadn't even noticed Vault is back... That's how inactive I am, then again he doesn't have the (rain gravestone)dog as an avatar, which I know him for, since many had that avatar as a goodbye avatar for him after the ban.
if you look carefully you can see Dog on the head of the songbird

[sub/]also "she"[/sub]

lax4life said:
Katatori got banned off when that dongle case with that Richards lady was running rampant through the forums. Max got banned because some user called him a girl and shit hit the fan.
didn't he make a statement that implied no one on the escapist had held a position higher than Mcdonalds employee? I mean he had a point but it was unfortunate wording...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Here is <link=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Kortney>Kortney. She was killed in a car accident.

<link=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.281878-Regrets#11042917>Here is her last post.

Kind of jarring, isn't it? :(

She was even younger than me...

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
Kitsune Hunter said:
I wonder what DVS BSTrD and Matthew94 are up to? I know they've been banned, but from what I can remember it wasn't for anything serious, just a build up of warnings. I do miss DVS BSTrD's posts in the Forum games and the Critical Miss threads, they always did put a smile on my face and it would be nice to see Matthew94 as apparently we go to the same university.

Om a side note I also miss Gunsmithkitten, not because I liked her or anything, she was crazy and deserved to get banned, but it was never a dull moment when she was around and a part of me would to see her come back, just to see if she would have changed or would still be the same as before
So the Bastard is banned?

That's sad. I beat him to a pun once. He congratulated me for it..

:/

EDIT:

I'm not very good with usernames. I tend to recognize the user by the avatar image.

If one changes it, he/she is a whole new person to me.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
The most unusual thing about Aylaine being gone is that her account no longer appears to exist. Normally this only seems to happen for people who have been banned for a very long time (maxthereaper for example). I have always found this rather strange, as she was last on around a year ago and never had any infractions to my knowledge.

Perhaps she requested it be deleted?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
lacktheknack said:
Here is <link=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Kortney>Kortney. She was killed in a car accident.

<link=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.281878-Regrets#11042917>Here is her last post.

jeez

I was around when that happened...didn't know her much or her posts but...yeah

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Legion said:
The most unusual thing about Aylaine being gone is that her account no longer appears to exist. Normally this only seems to happen for people who have been banned for a very long time (maxthereaper for example). I have always found this rather strange, as she was last on around a year ago and never had any infractions to my knowledge.

Nope, it's right here.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Aylaine

...after she salted and hashed literally all her personal info. Apparently, she's done the same on Steam. For all intents and purposes, it appears she's tried to leave the internet entirely.

I wonder if something happened...

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
lacktheknack said:
Legion said:

Nope, it's right here.

...after she salted and hashed literally all her personal info. Apparently, she's done the same on Steam. For all intents and purposes, it appears she's tried to leave the internet entirely.

Weird, the reason I noticed it was because she was removed from mine and everybody else's friends list.

A search for her name also comes up blank.

I am assuming you entered the URL for a users page and added her name manually?

Edit: Hmm, it says she was on Feb this year. Perhaps this was when it was all wiped.

FriedRicer

Sep 19, 2010
Vault101 said:
FriedRicer said:
I just made this thread to see if anyone else had posters they remember but can't find.

I'm looking for a guy that used to double post as himself and Calumon does anyone kno what became of him?

How did Vault101 come back?
necromancy....

......lets keep that one buried I think....
I shall obey- glad your back!

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Legion said:
lacktheknack said:
Legion said:

Nope, it's right here.

Weird, the reason I noticed it was because she was removed from mine and everybody else's friends list.

A search for her name also comes up blank.

I am assuming you entered the URL for a users page and added her name manually?

Edit: Hmm, it says she was on Feb this year. Perhaps this was when it was all wiped.
Huh... we're still on each others' friend list, and she shows up when I do a search.

I smell a good conspiracy.

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
lacktheknack said:

Jesus......
Makes you think that does, imagine if something were to happen to my friends on here (perish the thought) and I would never be any the wiser about it.

I remember that farson guy. He had this unique, militant attitude to certain things, such as his pro gun stance.
I respected his beliefs and enjoyed reading his posts. They had this general tone of superiority, something along the lines of 'I'm right and you are thick'

Wonder if there is a topic on here that is most responsible for people's bans?

IceForce

Is this memes?
Legacy
Dec 11, 2012
carlsberg export said:
Probably any topic remotely related to Anita Sarkeesian.

Any thread about her is guaranteed to have at least one ban in it. Usually more.

Tiger King

Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
Country
USA
IceForce said:
carlsberg export said:
Probably any topic remotely related to Anita Sarkeesian.

Any thread about her is guaranteed to have at least one ban in it. Usually more.
Not really sure who that is.
Looked her up on wiki and she's some kinda feminist, yeah I can see how that pans out...

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
I'll probably mispell their names, but I miss Kahunaburger, MoonlightButterfly and, even though she was... controversial... LilithSlave. I always enjoyed reading their posts. makes me kinda sad whenever I look over my friends list and see "lost" people :/

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Eamar said:
I'll probably mispell their names, but I miss Kahunaburger, MoonlightButterfly and, even though she was... controversial... LilithSlave. I always enjoyed reading their posts. makes me kinda sad whenever I look over my friends list and see "lost" people :/
wasn't lilithslave the one who proclaimed she was leaving?

also I wonder if Moonlight dropped out because of the sexism....which is a shame as its always good to have more women around to call out bullshit

Eamar

Elite Member
Feb 22, 2012
Country
UK
Vault101 said:
wasn't lilithslave the one who proclaimed she was leaving?
That's the one. She was a bit of a drama queen, but I liked her for the most part.

also I wonder if Moonlight dropped out because of the sexism....which is a shame as its always good to have more women around to call out bullshit
I hope not, but I could believe it. She was always really calm and patient in gender/feminism debates, but I got the impression it started to wear her down after a while.

Actually, speaking of feminism debates, anyone else remember Boudica?

Rose and Thorn

May 4, 2012
War Penguin said:
Also, [user]Aylaine[/user]. She was The Escapist's favorite user amongst everyone on this site and then she left. She mysteriously came back for a month and then disappeared again. Can't help but suspiciously raise an eyebrow because of that...
I remember her, and I agree she used to be my favourite. She was by far one of the kindest people i've ever seen on here, and she once gave me a great lesson on grace.

MoncFish is another cool user that just kind of disappeared.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Vault101 said:
Guffe said:
if you look carefully you can see Dog on the head of the songbird

[sub/]also "she"[/sub]
Oh right... there it is :p

Sory about that error :/

I usually just throw out either one not really thinking :p
[sub]or researching the matter[/sub]