Long hair on men?

GTwander

Mar 26, 2008
I used to have amazing viking locks, long enough to sit on (10 years of growth)...
...but employers were totally jealous of it during interviews. I mean, they must have been, seeing as how I never got hired (outside of game QA) until I cut it.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
About the only one I can see is the "Jesus cut" with the part down the center, and accompanied with the full beard. Anything beyond that looks too feminine and as such kinda counter productive IMHO. Such is the way I did it when I was a teenager before shaving it all off down to the skin.

MidnightSt

Sep 9, 2011
It depends on the type of man, on some it looks outright silly, on some it's "yeah, okay", and on some it's "if I were a woman I'd be wet right now".

I personally DO have long hair, because
1. one day I decided that I'm not going to endure getting my hair cut anymore (I hate the process itself) so I said to my mom I want to have long hair
2. Later I realized how stupid I looked with short hair.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Those it suits look amazing.

But often at times it's left unkempt, an unsuited to their face types.

I really like long hair on men, but at the same time those who don't pull it off well do make me sigh.

I know my ideal hair length is shoulder (At current age and face look) I haven't got that at the moment because... well haircuts. Money. Etc.

But yeah you should get a few different trims to see what works on you, Or let it grow out once just to see how lengths suit you.

Optiluiz

Dec 30, 2010
Well, I have shoulder-length hair and I like to think I pull it off. Some days it just doesn't look right, though. I've heard differing opinions on whether or not it actually looks good.

Phantom Kat

Sep 26, 2012
I used to have shoulder length hair and carried it quite well but it was such a mission to keep looking good because it was so thick and bushy. My girlfriend loved it but I got sick of it and wanted to grow a beard without looking like Jesus so I cut it short.

Samurai Silhouette

Nov 16, 2009
My hair's down to my ass. I don't care much about seeing it on other men though. Also pretty buff so it's hard to mistake me for a girl.

Bucht

Apr 22, 2010
I really couldn't care less about what other people think about my hair.
If I would care I guess I wouldn't be a metalhead in the first place.
Just be yourself...

Joccaren

Elite Member
Mar 29, 2011
Really depends.

If its the long hair I had a couple of years back, HELL NO.

That was hilariously bad, but I couldn't be bothered getting it cut. Suffice to say very blonde [Light ash blonde], just beyond shoulder length, and my hair naturally curls itself so it was all starting to curl in and point upwards from about shoulder height. It looked incredibly messy, stupid and kinda like one of my female friend's hair is ATM, only not as well kept, and blonde rather than very dark blue.

Zack Alklazaris

Oct 6, 2011
I wish I could pull off long hair, but my curls get in the way. I mean don't get me wrong curls are nice, but you can't do anything with it.

I like guys with medium length hair, I'm more into the Emo hair styles... not sure why they are hot to me they just are.

The really long hair doesn't work the same way... a guy has to have right face to pull it off and even then its still meh to me. I respect someone who can pull it off though.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008

This is about as long as I'm interested in. Longer usually screams angsty metalhead or someone too depressed to care about getting it cut.

AngloDoom

Aug 2, 2008
I am in envy of men who can grow their hair long and suit it. My hair turns into ringlets after about six inches and my face is too long to suit such a hairstyle.

I'm am secretly jealous of my closest friend because he had long, beautiful hair all the way down to his waist that suited him so well every time he met a new bunch of people at least one woman in the group would follow him like a puppy. Then he cut his hair short and he looks equally handsome.

That fuck.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
If men do not cut their hair, then it gets long as nature intended. Therefore there is nothing wrong with it, and anybody who thinks there is, is an idiot as far as I am concerned.

Personally I wish I looked good with long hair. Or rather, had hair that would look good long.

That said, I do not have long hair, nor will I as it simply does not look right on me. I think some people can pull it off a lot better than others.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
My long hair is the only thing I like about myself...<.<

Though, I have the excuse of being Native American... it's the first thing that comes to everyone's minds when I say that...

AndyRock

Dec 22, 2009
Well as I'm a guy with medium length hair myself, I want long hair, but am not sure if it would fit me

(excuse the facial hair, having a lazy week)

it's a bit crazy atm, but being a bit of a metal head I like long hair