Look. But don't post.

Horuta

Nerds tend to pick on me;)
Feb 17, 2011
I was browsing the forums to see if something interesting caught my eye to read before going to bed and I noticed something that I know I've noticed before but I never really noticed it before. Why do so many people look at a topic but than don't comment on it? I mean, it was interesting enough to click on, to read, but not enough to share our thoughts on? (And we all know our own thoughts are the only ones that matter anyway:)
Are we all just window shoppers? Was the topic not what we thought it was? Or is our typing gimp just away at the moment so alas we can't put our thoughts to screen?

Fanfic_warper

Jan 24, 2011
Ok I'm confused by the title...Are we supposed to just watch this thread but not post? Or do you want us to respond?

Either way, I'll say this, sometimes for me, I am window shopping. See if a topic is interesting and if I like the subject matter in question I MIGHT post. But otherwise, I won't post in something as mundane as a "You are now 'blank' of the last 'blank' you played/watched" type threads.

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
Sometimes the thread name is misleading, sometimes somebody already posted what you would say, and sometimes the thread is on its 12th page and has turned into a private conversation or flame-war.

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Sometimes I think the title is interesting, but once I get into the actual topic, I don't care enough to post.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
For example:

Dimitriov said:
Sometimes the thread name is misleading, sometimes somebody already posted what you would say, and sometimes the thread is on its 12th page and has turned into a private conversation or flame-war.
So, if I have to say something, it'll be just to avoid getting modded more than I have much to contribute.

*something to avoid getting since I've not got much to contribute*

Horuta

Feb 17, 2011
Fanfic_warper said:
Ok I'm confused by the title...Are we supposed to just watch this thread but not post? Or do you want us to respond?

Either way, I'll say this, sometimes for me, I am window shopping. See if a topic is interesting and if I like the subject matter in question I MIGHT post. But otherwise, I won't post in something as mundane as a "You are now 'blank' of the last 'blank' you played/watched" type threads.
It's more of a "choose your own adventure" type of thing. I feel this type of title/comment section it will speak to each person differently. Which is not a problem. I just noticed something that I had no clear answer to and irked me so I asked a question.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
We do have a rule about content in posts. If I can't come up with enough things to say to satisfy that requirement, I won't say anything at all. No sense in picking up warnings for threads I really am not that invested in.

Gaiseric

Sep 21, 2008
orangeapples said:
Sometimes I think the title is interesting, but once I get into the actual topic, I don't care enough to post.
This.

Or whatever I was going to say had been said a bunch already.

edit: dammit...

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
In my case I'll usually read but won't post in a topic already passed page 1 because it's more than likely no one will read it anyway.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
I usually don't have anything to say or it's already been said. If I can't contribute something at least moderately original I just don't want to waste anyone's time or my own.

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
Honestly, because somotimes the titles are misleading, sometimes the subject matter is just boring, other times because I don't feel like reading 100+ replies so I'm not saying the same thing as someone else, and sometimes because I just don't care too.

Horuta

Feb 17, 2011
I have a question about this "War of the Flames" you all speak of... if it is really not allowed, and clearly most of you are afraid of being banned. Then why does there seem to be so many flame wars?

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Sometimes I just want to see other people's opinions. You don't have to post every time you go into a thread, and some of the time it's better if you don't.

staika

I am Tizzy's Willing Slave
Aug 3, 2009
It's those lurkers they're behind it all! I bet even now a lurker is reading this post but won't respond because of the lurker law or something like that. As for me just looking at a thread, its either I just want to look at what others said or someone already posted what I was going to say and then I grumble and go look at other threads.

RagnarokHybrid

Aug 6, 2011
Horuta said:
I was browsing the forums to see if something interesting caught my eye to read before going to bed and I noticed something that I know I've noticed before but I never really noticed it before. Why do so many people look at a topic but than don't comment on it? I mean, it was interesting enough to click on, to read, but not enough to share our thoughts on? (And we all know our own thoughts are the only ones that matter anyway:)
Are we all just window shoppers? Was the topic not what we thought it was? Or is our typing gimp just away at the moment so alas we can't put our thoughts to screen?
I usually begin to post then stop midway and

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Cleril said:
Dimitriov said:
Yep, this guy, right here, has said what I have to say.

For him, I have a kitty.

Agreed.
If a topic catches my attention and I have a mind to post, I'll read through the last page and first page of comments (maybe more depending on the comments and the topic), but if everything I had in mind to say, is said, I will usually just quote the person that said it better than I.
Or I'll just not post at all. I usually DO post though, since I like adding my 2 bits.

rabidmidget

Apr 18, 2008
I find that there's no point posting in a thread when everyone is already saying the exact same thing.

New Frontiersman

Feb 2, 2010
Often I look at a thread because I think it sounds interesting, or I want to see what other people have to say on the matter, but at the same time I don't really have anything that interesting or relevant to say, or anything I could say has been said already, but better. Hence I look but don't post.