Look. But don't post.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
I sometimes go into a thread then realize I have nothing good to add or that my post will just be an angry flame so I don't post.

Aegixx

Aug 5, 2009
I wasn't going to post in this thread, then I realised I could be ever so slightly amusing by posting the sentence you are reading now.

If an idea doesn't strike me, I don't post.

Keepeas

Jul 10, 2011
Well...I didn't feel like posting on THIS thread because it would have been to much work...I'm lazy.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
A number of reasons why I skip on posting:
- it's a flame bait thread
- way overcrowded and my posts wont matter
- got nothing to add on the topic or the topic is silly
- and sometimes just general laziness

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
As of the time of posting
No. of posts 46
No. of views 1171
I guess a lot of people saw their opinion had been posted in the third post so didn't bother.

Sometimes I look at threads just to see other peoples thoughts on a matter and not necessarily have anything to contribute.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
I think it's good that people don't always automatically post. It might, in however small a way, cut down on the amount of useless post-count filler. Seriously, it would be better if more people would think twice before posting in some threads - work out wheter or not there is actually anything constructive they can contribute to the discussion. If not, it's the better person who just walks away.

Plus sometimes people write interesting titles for very uninteresting threads. You think: 'Oh!...oh...' and move on.

Crimson Butterfly

Sep 23, 2010
I think for many people forums aren't always a place for discussion anymore. A lot of threads boil down to little more than just a wall of individual and repeated posts and ideas. This is a sympton of a highly populated forum. That being said joining an established discussion late on the day if one arises can be daunting for many also, especially if they're not regulars.

Of course, the general concensus of what most people before me have said ring true as well.

xplay3r

Jun 4, 2009
Most of the time I'm interested in the question, and what people have to say, but don't have a strong enough opinion worth making a post about, or I have no opinion and am just wondering what others thought/said

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
is people have said what i was going to say i usually won't bother but will if it's a new thread. or if i can't word what i want say get get my point across properly

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Horuta said:
I have a question about this "War of the Flames" you all speak of... if it is really not allowed, and clearly most of you are afraid of being banned. Then why does there seem to be so many flame wars?
I think they're exaggerating. I haven't seen any for months, though that may be because I tend to stay in user groups...
Although I have seen a fair few arguments which seem to take up the whole thread, which makes me feel like anything I post will be ignored.

OT: If I have nothing to add I don't post. I wouldn't have posted here if I hadn't seen that nobody had answered your question.

angry_flashlight

Jul 20, 2010
If it's a news post, then I'll read it for the article I may or may not post depending on the content and my own opinions on it.

Capchas kills my posting in this forum. It's really annoying to have to input the damn thing after ONE post. 5? Sure, but 1!?! The Hell? I know why it's there but the number is set way too low to do anything other than stifle conversation of new members. Or at least that's the way I see it.

I do like reading posts of literate people go at each other, usually ends up entertaining and/or informative. I don't enter because I might ruin it. >:D

Bato

Oct 18, 2009
You don't exactly care about my particular take on a subject that is slightly different but still the same as someone else's do you? Not really, if this post is pushed into page 3, I doubt many people will even see it.
Among these two, I also have to repeat the many other of "What I have to say was already said."

Anomynous 167

May 6, 2008
I reckon Noala didn't deserve that warning he got. Sure it was a single word post, but brevity is the sole of wit. Therefore his post was very witty.
Also he managed to express a point that wasn't elaborated in that topic.

Kargathia

Jul 16, 2009
Horuta said:
I was browsing the forums to see if something interesting caught my eye to read before going to bed and I noticed something that I know I've noticed before but I never really noticed it before. Why do so many people look at a topic but than don't comment on it? I mean, it was interesting enough to click on, to read, but not enough to share our thoughts on? (And we all know our own thoughts are the only ones that matter anyway:)
Are we all just window shoppers? Was the topic not what we thought it was? Or is our typing gimp just away at the moment so alas we can't put our thoughts to screen?
On the contrary, it would be lovely if more people who have nothing to say actually would keep quiet.

Do interpret that however you want.

Pearwood

Mar 24, 2010
I do it a lot, either because I don't feel strongly enough about whatever the thread is about but want to see what other people think, sometimes, especially in the case of the feminism threads, because I can't read more than the first page without developing a massive dislike for virtually everyone in the thread or just because someone else has already summed up what I think well enough for me not to need to post.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
I often don't post in threads that I read for a number of reasons. One is that what I wanted to say might have already been said by someone else or several people, so there's no need to say it again. Another is that the thread might have devolved into a very hostile argument and I don't want to get involved there because I don't wish to incur mod wrath or get into a useless heated argument with someone. Also, I might just feel that I have nothing to say or that what I have to say simply isn't important. I might also just be unable to figure out how to word what I want to say.

atol

Jan 16, 2009
It's of my opinion that often times my opinion isn't publicly valuable and a waste of everyone's time for me to share. When everyone is talking and no one is listening, it defeats the whole purpose.

Nice thread title, though. One of my favorite quotes.

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
"Oh this is interesting, let's see what all the hubbub is about [Insert thread title here]."
"Ah, I can't really contribute to this thread very much, so I'll be off."

That is normally the case for when I windowshop at threads.

wolfcrux

Oct 6, 2010
Horuta said:
I was browsing the forums to see if something interesting caught my eye to read before going to bed and I noticed something that I know I've noticed before but I never really noticed it before. Why do so many people look at a topic but than don't comment on it? I mean, it was interesting enough to click on, to read, but not enough to share our thoughts on? (And we all know our own thoughts are the only ones that matter anyway:)
Are we all just window shoppers? Was the topic not what we thought it was? Or is our typing gimp just away at the moment so alas we can't put our thoughts to screen?
Just popping in to say: I read the OP's post and I didn't care much and decided not to post a response, but since that was the topic here's me not contributing in a way that is significant.

Sort of thinking this ought to have been a poll of sorts, but again, don't care much.