Look. But don't post.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
depends, if it look interesting i click to find out if it is, in fact interesting, if it is, then its a matter of me having anything to say or not

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Sometimes I'll read a thread and decide not to post on it. Other times I'll read a post and, draft a response but if I can't get it to sound right or, if I don't think I've said enough or, if I think I may be going off on a tangent, I may abandon the comment at all. If I can't focus my thoughts enough to form a coherent response I just forget about it. Other (rare) times, the post turns out to be about something I don't know too much about or, don't care too much about. In that case I leave the thread alone so as to avoid wrath.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Horuta said:
I was browsing the forums to see if something interesting caught my eye to read before going to bed and I noticed something that I know I've noticed before but I never really noticed it before. Why do so many people look at a topic but than don't comment on it? I mean, it was interesting enough to click on, to read, but not enough to share our thoughts on? (And we all know our own thoughts are the only ones that matter anyway:)
Are we all just window shoppers? Was the topic not what we thought it was? Or is our typing gimp just away at the moment so alas we can't put our thoughts to screen?
Well for me the answer is simply "I don't care enough to spend time coming up with a decent enough reply".
Like this thread. Can't be arsed replying, so I'm not going to.

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
Ironically, all of what I want to say has been said, so I can't add anything to this discussion. Sometimes the thread has been done to death and I will look again at it but not post because I've already posted in a similar thread. Sometimes I've already posted and I'm just checking new posts. That adds a new view, but not a new post. Do I have to post again just because I looked? Sometimes the thread is turning into a flame war and there's no point in joining. Sometimes the thread is just pointless "I just bought the new Battlefield game. DISCUSS" Discuss what? Sometimes it's pointless to post so yeah, I view the thread but I'm not gonna post.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
I'm posting in this thread simply because OP seems to think that everyone who looks at it should, regardless of whether they actually have anything to add.

Vicarious Reality

Jul 10, 2011
Let me tell you about threads, 40% of them are named in a completely non descriptive way which forces me to open the thread to know what it is, 10% are threads with names i care about, and the rest is stuff i don't care about.