Lose/Lose - The Game That Deletes Your Files

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
Told me mum that unless she read this article I will get this game. If she didn't she wouldn't understand (I wouldn't actually do it), and my response was "You do that I'll kill YOU!"

laugh out loud

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
So I'm guessing that the guy who played that game and shot 99 aliens was careful to first put together his old PC or something... Does he at least win anything for being first on the leaderboard?

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Maraveno said:
buy teh haloz said:
I can't imagine what kind of a dumbass would put that in their PC. What if it deletes System Files?
A smartass who feels like screwing over his brother

Let it enfold you :D
O_O I'm the youngest in my family.

Wait... FUCK! *runs to protect his save files*

Magnatek

A Miserable Pile of Honesty
Jul 17, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Grief...these non DOS users.

attrib +r *.* C:

Go ahead punk, make my drive.
My point exactly. I may not use DOS that much, but even I know how to do that.

Sep 5, 2009
It's like the Reese's from hell.

"You got your pretentious artistic statement in my diabolical game design!"

"You got your diabolical game design in my pretentious artistic statement!"

Two horrible things that are horrible together.

Fiskmasen

Apr 6, 2008
AmrasCalmacil said:
I kind of get the odd feeling that this must be illegal. Right?
It's not as if the users aren't warned about it. You can't start suing people when they explicitly say "Hey guys, this will fuck up your computer, so you might want to steer clear of it."

Quadtrix

Dec 17, 2008
Cool concept, but terrible execution. While it fits with the name "lose/lose", having a game punish you for succeeding is incredibly retarded. Of course, even if you made it so that losing an ally or something deleted a file, I doubt anyone that knows the truth about the game would still want to play it.

Spudgun Man

Oct 29, 2008
Well that is the sort of thing that people make just to experiment with the human mind's natural curiosity.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Alot of hate towards this game, I think its a wonderfully brilliant idea. Kudos to the fellows that made it and woe to anyone who's brave enough to play it.

aww yea

May 3, 2009
does anyone else have the urge to shoot some down and try and figure out whats missing?

i know ill regret it
but i reaallllyyy want to

zidine100

Mar 19, 2009
emmm, im just away to play this, wish me luck.

edit: i would if i could find out how to get it to start dang it, any help will be apreiated

Izerous

Dec 15, 2008
I do have a computer i need to format in the next couple days and rebuild. I think I might try for the high score on that one.

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
Guys, gals, things. You're all missing the point.
The game is not really suppose to be played. ...Although you can. It's to think about the point the creator is trying to make:

"How important is your virtual data ?"

Using "The Escapist" forums as an example, do you feel proud for your high post count? The badges you have means anything to you?

Valiance said:

But like the article said - when does it switch? When does data matter more than real life experiences? Maybe if its your first time into Sunwell and your guild is disbanding in 2 days and the expansion is coming out in a week, and it would probably be the only time you would ever get to see the place? I don't know, I don't have a tangible line for people to blur, but I do find it odd when people in school with me talk about how they're proud of their gamerscore, achievements, their 30k gold on Laughing Skull, but I guess some people feel odd when they find out I have close-to-world-record scores in Crazy Taxi and SSX Tricky...

But I don't go out of my way and think that those mean much, but maybe they do? Maybe in the future being a virtual snowboarder will be just as great as being a real one?
That is a great question. For the snowboard example, both have the skill to do amazing stunt jumps. But does that mean the real snowboarder is more skilled than the pro-player? Is living the risk more worthy than simulating it? I do not know.
I'm starting to see things from a new point of view and I'm not sure if I will like the conclusion I might achieve.