Lost in Spaaace! (RP Thread)

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
"Music Eh?...Yeah, those are good points, Bet you didn't bet on nearly dying huh?..." David said as he led the Group pass another door.
This one was Depressurised.
"Hey, Cap-eck, mind doing...whatever it is you do to air out the room a little?"

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
"Eh I don't mind. I'm lucky," Ace said mischievously, and little did the others know the truth behind his statement. Although there were others, he still believed that he was lucky to be alive and that he would make it out...or was he just reassuring himself?

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
[Thought I posted this...]

The main monitor would request yet another input after a short period of time.

Thank you for using an Artificial Intelligence Management Utility Co-created by both, Acclimate Intelligent Data Solutions, and the Zeph-Tek Corporation.

AI Primary core: 96% healthy
CAUTION: AI Primary Core has Corrupt Files! Reconfiguration required!!!
AI Server 0 Task: Personality Matrix (Required)
AI Server 1 Task: POST FAILURE (HEX:14)
AI Server 2 Task: Emergency Situation Protocols
AI Server 3 Task: Life Support Safety
AI Server 4 Task: NOT FOUND
AI Server 5 Task: Electrical Management Module
AI Server 6 Task: NOT FOUND
AI Server 7 Task: Please Select_
AI Server 8 Task: Awaiting Entry... (90%)
AI Server 9 Task: NOT FOUND

Please choose what to load next? (At the 80% mark)
1.Care Module
2.Science Examination Curiosity
3.Military Grade Defense Aggression
4.High-Security Watchdog Module
5.Military Grade offensive Aggression
6.Military Grade Fabrication Module

After an even longer wait, the other monitor would display one more message.

"stay out of aux engn control dangerous no air/grav once your in you cant get out waiot until ai clrs it"

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
"It's Dr. 'Capek'. Ca-pek" She said with a sigh, surrendering to the fact the soldier would likely never pronounce her name correctly, while moving to the console. The console indicated the room lacked pressurized atmosphere. "I'm not sure what I can do if there's a leak, but I'll take a look." she offered, taking a seat before the computer and reading displays; the musician and soldier continuing their conversation.

It took a few minutes going through the data before she figured out the cause of the problem - a small hole in the ceiling venting to space. "That's not good. I'm not sure there is much I can do to fix this without a space suit." she said aloud to herself before an enormous smile broke on her face. "HA! Fucking got it!" she exclaimed, grabbing her damaged HUD.

Before anyone could ask, she had broken the device open and removed the transmission/reception circuit. She then plugged the device into the computer at the door. A few minutes fiddling with the device and an image of the room appeared on the computer screen. The contents of the room were scattered about - much like her science lab had been. A half-meter hole in the side of the ship lead off into the blackness of space.

Finally noticing the bewildered looks on her companions faces, most likely caused by her sudden outburst and subsequent HUD cannibalization, she blushed slightly; realization of her sudden lack of refinement. "Sorry. Just figure out how to fix it." she explained pointing to the label on the door: "Robotics Lab C-6: Maintenance Robots"

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
David saw the Sign and smiled.
"Nice one Doc, Nice one..." He said as he peered into the Computer screen as Capek summoned several repair robots to seal the room.
He then looked though the Door's Window as they began to lock down the room by welding a large piece of sheet metal over the gap.
WILL RETCON IF SOMEONE WANTS ME TO
After a few minutes, the Bot's finished the repairs, but Without the AI, the Room was still devoid of Oxygen or Gravity Control.
"Mmmm...well now...the Room is sealed but still has no air, would it be safe to partially open it and let the air in here fill up the room? The Zero-G ain't really a problem..."

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
[b/]"Mmmm...well now...the Room is sealed but still has no air, would it be safe to partially open it and let the air in here fill up the room? The Zero-G ain't really a problem..."[/b]

Iskierka considered the idea for a moment. "That shouldn't be a problem, but we should probably grab hold of something when we open the door. Wind and all." she offered, grabbing hold of the pipe assembly nearest the computer. "When you're ready, I'll release the door." she finished.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
David hugged the wall right next to the edge of the door and nodded.
Capek pressed the button and the door slightly opened, creating a vacuum.
The Air in the room raced out to fill the empty space.
After a few moments, it was safe to proceed.
David entered the room, running and jumping into the Zero-G, flipping in mid-air and reaching the other side without touching the ground.
"Clear!"

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
"Wait what?" Ace asked before being swept of his feet. He hadn't been paying any attention the conversation at all and this had cost him. If not for the rail holding he was next to, he would have flown into the wall and hurt his head again. Ace was giving more thought to the possibility that he could have died than he usually did. This alarmed him more than the temporary vacuum the Dr.Capek had created. Get a grip.

terribleyetfun

Jan 9, 2009
Marcus cracked his neck to the side, the strain of looking down at the screen for the entirety of the reboot process finally starting to take it's toll on him, he never ceased however his hands still flying over the keyboard. The message about the Auxiliary engine control now coming equipped with a skylight didn't worry him all that much, what concerned him the most was the face the A.I core's health was degrading.

"crap, if it keeps degrading at this rate then it's going to hold, alright I should add that to my 'to-do' list when I'm done with this, it was designed so repairs could be made to it without having to power it down each time so we should be fine"

Marcus decided to load the Care module next, it would help with the management of the ship so it was an obvious choice although after that he had no idea what to select because all but the science examination Curiosity or the High-Security watchdog module seemed useless to him he had a few minutes to decide between the two.

"Hey Issacson, there's something about me that strikes me as odd about you, what exactly are you doing here?, on a warship, I mean we're already at war sorta seems like the last time for diplomacy of any kind so what exactly would you have done around here if we weren't dead in the vacuum?" Marcus asked not taking his eyes off the terminal screen as he spoke, Johann's very presence on this ship striking him as suspicious.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
The main monitor would request yet another input after a short period of time.

Thank you for using an Artificial Intelligence Management Utility Co-created by both, Acclimate Intelligent Data Solutions, and the Zeph-Tek Corporation.

AI Primary core: 96% healthy
CAUTION: AI Primary Core has Corrupt Files! Reconfiguration required!!!
AI Server 0 Task: Personality Matrix (Required)
AI Server 1 Task: POST FAILURE (HEX:14)
AI Server 2 Task: Emergency Situation Protocols
AI Server 3 Task: Life Support Safety
AI Server 4 Task: NOT FOUND
AI Server 5 Task: Electrical Management Module
AI Server 6 Task: NOT FOUND
AI Server 7 Task: Care Module
AI Server 8 Task: Please Select_
AI Server 9 Task: NOT FOUND

Please choose what to load next? (At the 90% mark)
1.Science Examination Curiosity
2.Military Grade Defense Aggression
3.High-Security Watchdog Module
4.Military Grade offensive Aggression
5.Military Grade Fabrication Module

Sigma Castell

Elite Member
Sep 10, 2011
Johann sighed. Why was it the military never understood that War was a means to an end?
"Mr. Law, this ship was intended to decimate the Martian fleet, set up a base of operations, and put an end to the Martian threat once and for all, am I correct? What do you think would have happened after we had won? Did you think we would just return to Earth, leaving the smoking rmenants of the Martian colonies behind, with only a token garrison to watch over several million angry and most likely homeless civilians? My job was to conduct negotiations with the enemy leadership. To se if they could be reasoned with. Hopefuly, once we had destroyed their fleet, they would've surrendered peacefuly, and all I would have had to do was arrange their terms of surrender, and oversee the distribution of aid supplies. A far harder job than firing a torpedo or fixing engines, Mr. Law." Johann said, smirking slightly.

terribleyetfun

Jan 9, 2009
Marcus let out a short chuckle at what Johann said not able to face him directly due to his current task but still able to drum up a rebuttal.

"Oh right I forgot, your job is to set the rules so that the Martians know exactly what to break when they start the next war and trust me there will be another war because do you honestly think the entirety of the Martian population is just going to roll over and hand it all over to us, sure some might, some might swallow their pride for the time being and choke it down, but they will be angry, they will always be angry and that anger will lead to rebellion and then the whole show starts over again. Oh and if you honestly think that's more difficult than repairing an engine on one of these ships, then boy am I glad you?re not an engineer" Marcus replied putting as little emotion into his words as possible, he knew his type, a diplomat, he'd try to read into everything you said and did just to find one little opening, but while he waited he still had an A.I to restore so he settled with selecting the next module.

He selected the Science Examination Curiosity, hoping it would better equip the A.I to examine the situation around them and calculate just where in space were they, he hoped it was at least somewhere close to their solar system so they could either fly or god willing make the jump back, he thought he might as well let the rest of the ship know that the reboot process was almost complete.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the S.S aurora, this is Ensign Marcus law speaking, The A.I reboot process is 90% percent complete and should be finished in about 5- 10 minutes, so sit tight and soon you'll have a machine to argue with about just how screwed we are, oh and until then don?t go until auxiliary engine control I?m told it now resembles a vacuum" Marcus said smiling, filling up with pride at his own work.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
"Ladies and gentlemen of the S.S aurora, this is Ensign Marcus law speaking, The A.I reboot process is 90% percent complete and should be finished in about 5- 10 minutes, so sit tight and soon you'll have a machine to argue with about just how screwed we are, oh and until then don't go until auxiliary engine control I'm told it now resembles a vacuum"

"Good to know, I'm Checking the Next room, Keep up." David said to the others as they entered Zero-G.
He entered a hallway with several different directions.
"Awww crap, wished I kept that map..."

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
"Alright, nicely done Marcus!" Jake smiled, he could relax, things were finally winding down and soon answers would be had. and after that I can head to my quarters and get my briefcase. Jake didn't like being parted from it, especially when there was relevant information contained in it.

Sigma Castell

Elite Member
Sep 10, 2011
Johann flicked an imaginary speck of dust off his suit, not even bothering to respond to the engineers words. He got the feeling they were not going to be friends. [i/]"I'll have to watch that one,"[/i] He thought. "Since we're currently scattered throughout the ship, it would be advisable that we arrange an area where we can meet up with the others. Their route to Life systems may be blocked," Johann said, waiting for the inevitable snarky reply from Markus.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
With the final module selected, the percentage would slowly rise...

With all of the modules selected, and the server errors flashing in red... The AI core would remain at 96%. Another error would flash.

SMART: 0xB7 error on Raid Disk 7. The AI will replace this disk when possible.

Even though Marcus may not be the best with computers, he at least knew that everything would be okay, despite this error.

This was it... Here it comes... God, why did it always hang at 99%?

As soon as it hit 100% The entire ship shifted... Marcus, Jake, Johann... The three of them were thrown backwards, off their feet, and onto the floor. All three monitors went blank for a moment before a rather interesting face appeared on the one Marcus was using. She appeared human, Caucasian, but her skin had a hint of purple as what appeared to be busses, similar to a circuit board ran along her face, to her eyes, mouth, nose and along the side of her head.

"Apologies." She would state to the three. "We were in Dead Faster-Than-Light Travel. I had to expend some of the remaining fuel to stop us. If I were to hit something at this speed, there would be no Aurora."

She would pause for a moment, as if pondering something. "Scanning..." she would let the others know. "Internal Scanners are at a maximum of 35% in areas I can see. External Scanners, outside of my jurisdiction, efficiency is below the required threshold that will allow me to report my findings at will." The AI then got a surprised look on her face. "Extreme Danger! Approximately 99% of my Crew manifest appears to be Missing in Action, or Killed in Action!"

"Extreme Danger: Numerous Decks have lost pressure. Mooring is required to restore lost atmosphere and repair all damage. I will lock down all decks I can see that are in a vacuum state, or a Zero-Gravity State, provided I am able to detect that there is no life within. I have enabled the Bastion Protocol, as I have detected that all command staff is Missing in Action."

"I have seven addition warnings. I have also detected that all PSS Shield Systems are running at below optimal levels, as such, I have re-enabled all Personal Shield Recharging stations. Please place your PSS module on the magnetic charging surface."

-----------------------------------

Meanwhile, where the other group was... They too, got the interesting toss toward the front of the ship. David found himself pushed "downward", forcing him to fall on his side, and bounce ever so slowly away from the wall, toward the other end of the hallway. Iskierka, Ace, and Eli were also tossed around the area they were in, but all of them could recover after a few moments of getting shoved around in a Zero-G environment. Eventually, one of the monitors near by came on, showing off the AI in her intricate appearance.

"Apologies." She would state to the group. "We were in Dead Faster-Than-Light Travel. I had to expend some of the remaining fuel to stop us. If I were to hit something at this speed, there would be no Aurora." She paused, as if looking around to find them. "Please take a moment to exit the Zero-Gravity environment., your Personal Shield Systems are all running below optimal levels, and must be recharged. Please find a newly activated Shield system, and place your PSS module on the magnetic contact surface to charge it. Emergency protocol "Bastion" enabled. Please navigate to Mess Hall 4, and await further instruction."

Sigma Castell

Elite Member
Sep 10, 2011
Johann removed his PSS, placing it on the charging surface as intsructed. As it was charging, he leaned against a server, watching the others. He suspected Mr. Law may become a problem in the near future, but Johann couldnt be bothered to have an argument, so he kept silent. He didnt know quite what to make of Gallows, having not spoken more than a few words to him, but he got the feeling the doctor didnt exactly dislike him. He remembered the broken HUD in his pocket.
"Mr. Law, please fix this for me. I imagine we will be able to navigate the ship easier if we all have a working headset."

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
"Huh...Ok..." David answered as he went for the rest of his group, even with the A.I. Back online, this ship was really damaged and now is not the time to spilt up.
"Oi, This way!" He shouted back as he tried to figure out just where Mess Hall 4 was again...

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Jake got to his feet, brushing off his suit and looking towards his shoes.

Jake opened his suit coat, removed his PSS and tossed it onto the charging surface. He turned toward the monitor the AI was displaying on "So 'AI' do you have a name for yourself? And I'm guessing it would be too much to ask for you to just turn us back towards Earth, huh?"

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
The AI turned 'her' attention toward Jake. "I am Aurora. I have many names. Programming from the Zeph-Tek Corporation suggests I should be called 'Cerberus', however, I like the name that Acclimate has suggested more, 'Codex.' You may call me what you wish."

The Ship's AI paused for a moment. "Unfortunately, my Scanning systems are defective, I am not able to make any decisions based on what I can detect outside of the ship, nor am I able to perform any ship-wide decisions without input from a human being, unless all crew from Manifests are killed, or missing. I apologize, but I do not know where Earth is. My scans indicate the possibility of jamming, false information, or severe damage."

"I have requested a group of your colleagues to please return to Mess Hall 4. May I ask you to do the same? There may be an intruder in Auxiliary Engine control. I am detecting a faint heat signature, however, I am unable to scan for identification. Furthermore, this member is non-responsive. Shall I request Security to investigate?"