Lost in Spaaace! (RP Thread)

terribleyetfun

Jan 9, 2009
Marcus's Music was blaring at full volume, a classical song called ?Mr. Blue sky? by Electric light orchestra, the song was happy, almost to a ridiculous degree and right now he needed that more than ever.

"Alright that should do it, not the ideal amount of repairs but whatever I'm an engineer not Jesus and at least the atmospheric levels will be stable" Marcus let out a sigh of relief as he finished replacing the last component on the final Carbon scrubber, he was just about to head back to the mess hall when the P.A system interrupted his music.

"Umm hey all. If you're not too busy get to a display panel if you can. You'll want to see this."

Marcus found his way to the nearest display panel for lack of anything better to do and immediately he was glad he did. They were planets, he could tell that much, they were actual planets, his face broke out into a huge smile as he let out a loud cheer as he started running towards the engine room desperate to get this ship moving again.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
David relaxed then kicked the desk in anger, he was this close from shitting himself.
He Holstered his gun and checked the room, deciding to bring the PDA with him.
He opened it up to see what was on it.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
Jake activated the display panel at his desk after Eli had suggested they do so. Two suns and a black planet, it may have just been the angle, it looked like the dark side because the edge was visible. A bright white and yellow crescent with an incredible crack running through it,

curious...

Jake wasn't happy, this situation kept looking more and more long term and while he wasn't sure what the others left behind, he certainly knew he couldn't live the rest of his life without returning to what...to who he left behind.

Sigma Castell

Elite Member
Sep 10, 2011
"Well. frankly, I am dissapointed," Johann said, holstering his pistol. He turned, noticing Ace staring at the panel. He peered over the man's shoulder, and saw the planet. He raised an eyebrow. "I sincerly hope we're not considering landing there, are we?" He spoke into his comm.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
"Unfortunately, I am unable to access the information required to make adjustments. I am attempting to boost the signal. I am able to increase Navigation's Array to 71%, but this is below the required amount to allow me to make decisions for myself."

"Well I guess that?s the best we're gonna get then..." Eli replied, still looking at the rather amazing sight before him. Making his way, he waited until he was back inside and out of his suit before posing a question to the others. "I'm sure the rest of you saw what looked like a structure over there so I ask, do we try and make contact? Personally I say yes, if someone's there and they happen to be friendly then maybe, just maybe we'll see Earth again. If they're not...well we're fucked either way."

Eli stopped walking for a moment, and leant against the wall. The stress induced adrenalin was starting to wear off and he was feeling very tired. Awkwardly slumping to the floor, he closed his eyes. "Codex, how's our fuel reserves? Do we have enough for a sub-light burn towards the planet?"

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
A warning from the AI was voiced over the speakers. "Caution: I have temporary disabled the Shield System, so that the reactors can run at 60% capacity. This action was taken to ensure the safety of a fellow crew-member."

-----------------

Once the repairs were completed, the AI's monitor flickered near Marcus. "Scans indicate that the Carbon Scrubbers are in full working condition. I will closely monitor the RCRS to ensure that no further problems occur with the system. I have disabled the backup systems, as Carbon Dioxide is below optimal levels. This should restore itself over the course of a day or two."

"Good work." She added with a smile. Her avatar would disappear, but be replaced with the word CODEX. She appeared to like that name.

--------------------

As David checked out Torelli's PDA, he'd find a few things.
Along with the standard introductory Email, two others were present.
-----
Good work, Torelli. I will have a discussion with Mr. Morgan as soon as we're back on Earth.
-Cpt. Slavo.

Objective complete. It was just a problem regarding sexism. I have suspended Engineer Jeremy Morgan.
-Sec-off. Torelli

Torelli, assistance required in engineering. As soon as you get this, please stop all tasks and settle the dispute.
-AURORA

-----------
Hey Mr. Joay!

So, it took a little convincing, but I got your cat a fat sack of "cheezeburgers" It should last him for most of the trip, so sneak some tuna his way or something. I'll store the cat food in the kitchen of Mess Hall 4, so when you need them, come and get them. I imagine I'll be too busy to handle food for Toby. (Those crazy humans get a little angry when they don't get fed, eh?) Anyway. I'm happy that Toby is part of the crew, but try and keep him on the down-low, okay? If he's as playful as you make him out to be, the Sec-ops and anyone in a rush is going to hate your guts.

-Aurora Cook, Mahon.

P.S. Keep your stash under the bed too. The last thing anyone wants to see is you expecting the guy to be around longer than the initial trip.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
Athol said:
(You posted around the same time as me... So I'm quoting to grab thine attention! :O)

The AI, Codex flickered on the nearest monitor to Eli. "My Scans indicate that we are extremely close to the unknown planet. We do have enough fuel, but we may expend approximately 1% in order to avoid appearing hostile, as well as to avoid the anomaly between the mooring point, and us." Codex replied.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
"Sheez this guy liked his cat..." David said as he lobbed the PDA back on the guy's desk.
"Hey if guys want a pet, be my guess, I just not a pet person..." He said as he headed back for the mess hall.

Sigma Castell

Elite Member
Sep 10, 2011
David leaned against the wall of the hallway, fishing his packet of pills from his pocket. He was having to take these more and more frequently, and he sincerly hoped they had more in the ships Medical Ward. For everyones sake.
David was currently studying the Torelli's room, and Ace was staring at the picture on the moniter, neither of which was helping them in the curretn situation. "Shall we proceed to the mess hall, then? I don't see much point in waiting around here..."

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Ace snapped out of his gaze. The picture had almost put him in a hypnotic trance, not letting him look away from the beautiful sight. He was saddened that he had to leave but he knew that he would see them again. "Erm sorry, my bad. Let's go," he said, turning off the monitor and waiting for them to lead the way again.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
"My Scans indicate that we are extremely close to the unknown planet. We do have enough fuel, but we may expend approximately 1% in order to avoid appearing hostile, as well as to avoid the anomaly between the mooring point, and us."

"Thank you Codex." Eli replied from his position on the floor. After a few minutes (and possibly a short nap), he pulled himself to his feet. "Codex, what can you tell my about this anomaly? Also, please start broadcasting a distress call on all channels." He realized the others might get mad at him for making such a decision without consultation, but fuck it. It's not like we're in much of a position to even defend ourselves right now.

BeerTent

Resident Furry Pimp
May 8, 2011
The feline would follow the group, Rubbing along Ace's leg as he snapped out of his gaze. "meyerp..." It mewed, looking at the group as they walked away. (Johann and Ace, you can leave the kitty, or go back to help him... Up to you.)

------------------------

As David returned to the Mess Hall, the AI attention focused on him. After his inquiry, she would respond with "The Current Time is the Year 2201, January 23rd, the 19th hour, 3rd minute and 17 seconds. The mission started on the Year 2201, January 22nd, the 6th hour, and 53rd minute."

------------------------

A monitor flickered near Eli. She paused for a moment, but the AI would respond. "My scanners appear to be damaged, but I will provide a detailed analysis. There appears to be a large amount of organic life in the anomaly, along with large amounts of Cobalt, Molybdenum, and Titanium. The anomaly is extremely difficult to track, but appears to be on a course in our general direction. The anomaly is creating, and appears to be responding to Analog Signals, as well as a single Digital Channel. I am unable to decrypt, nor do I have a Codec capable of reading the Digital Channel. I am attempting to Capture and record the analog signals, but It is extremely difficult to capture a length of information in proper condition."

Codex, the AI paused for a moment. "I will attempt evasive maneuvers, but my steering is crippled. I imagine it will take most of a day for us to reach the station with the maximum fuel conservation. I will also begin broadcasting a Save Our Souls."

------------------------

Iskierka received an objective through her HUDGEAR. A small bit of text showed in the lower corner of her glasses. If she could see it, or if it was functioning, she would see the following text.

AURORA:
Please complete your task quickly. I am lowering the power output of the reactor so that you do not get a blast of radiation. I detect 7 cracks in the reactor, 2 cooling cells that require replacement, and one SUC cooling chamber that requires manual activation.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
"I guess I am obligated to take care of this now," Ace said, picking up the cat. Although he wasn't a fan of pets, he welcomed any chance to keep his mind off surviving. This cat would make him focus on it and it only. "What should we call it Johann?" he asked, stroking the cat while he walked.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
[b/]"Please complete your task quickly. I am lowering the power output of the reactor so that you do not get a blast of radiation. I detect 7 cracks in the reactor, 2 cooling cells that require replacement, and one SUC cooling chamber that requires manual activation.[/b]

The message appeared on her HUD, dragging her out of her thoughts. All her questions could wait, she had a job to do. She responded "Roger that, repairs in progress." then proceeded into the reactor room, maintenance drones at the ready.

As the door opened, a wave of heat burst forth from the leaking reactor. It was well within the tolerance of her radiation-suit, but even so the rise in temperature made her sweat. Drones in tow, she went to the first breech - located on the control rod access panel. The crack was about six inches long and an inch across at the widest and apparently caused an impact with some unseen piece of debris. It was a relatively easy fix, but time consuming. Taking a few minutes to check the other cracks, she confirmed they were similarly dimensioned.

With a sigh, she got to work replacing the damaged components.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The better part of an hour later, The cracks were repaired and the cooling cells were replaced - thanks primarily to the drones. After stowing the systems, she went to the nearest SUC panel and booted the system. A few commands in the HUD and she had connected to the ship.

"Codex: I have finished repairs. Can you fun a system's check on the reactor before I reactivate the SUC?" she asked. A few seconds later, after staring at the bewildering number of commands on the cooling system, she made an addendum "Also, how do I reactivate the SUC?"

Sigma Castell

Elite Member
Sep 10, 2011
Johann paused at the odd question. Name a cat? At this particular point in time?
"call it Mozart."

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
David got another 7-Coke and downed it in one again.
"ooooo that's good stuff...Codex: you have any tasks that require my skill set?..." He asked the AI.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
"Mozart? I like Mozart. I've played a bit of Mozart. Sounds good," Ace replied. He wondered why that particular name. The cat certainly didn't resemble him... "Why Mozart?"

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
"My scanners appear to be damaged, but I will provide a detailed analysis. There appears to be a large amount of organic life in the anomaly, along with large amounts of Cobalt, Molybdenum, and Titanium. The anomaly is extremely difficult to track, but appears to be on a course in our general direction. The anomaly is creating, and appears to be responding to Analog Signals, as well as a single Digital Channel. I am unable to decrypt, nor do I have a Codec capable of reading the Digital Channel. I am attempting to Capture and record the analog signals, but it is extremely difficult to capture a length of information in proper condition."

"Very well, let us know if you manage to decode anything or if they appear to be trying to make contact."

"I will attempt evasive manoeuvres, but my steering is crippled. I imagine it will take most of a day for us to reach the station with the maximum fuel conservation. I will also begin broadcasting a Save Our Souls."

By now Eli had made his way back to the Mess Hall. "Cancel the evasive manoeuvres. I know it's S.O.P. but there is no way in hell we could out fly anything in our condition. Save fuel and only manoeuvre if it looks like we're on a collision course." Snagging a drink, he dropped into a nearby seat and brought up the ship?s comm. interface on his HUD. Seconds later the general quarters siren sounded.

"To All Hands" Eli said, his voice coming from every speaker. "Codex has picked up what at best guess is to be another ship. They are not transmitting to us as of yet, and we are unable to tap into their own signal. I began transmitting a general distress a few minutes ago, and with a lot of luck they'll take pity on us." Taking a swig from his drink he sighed, somebody was probably going to flip shit on him over this...but fuck it, it's not like they had a lot of options.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Dec 12, 2009
"Thank God, Might live though this after all." David chirps in, Glad that there was some light at the end of the tunnel.