Lots of New Vegas DLC Coming This Summer

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
anonymity88 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Implied that Aliens stared the great war - utterly retarded canon shift.
Where did it drop that hint? I haven't played Zeta in forever and don't remember ever seeing anything along those lines.
It was on one of the audio logs.

anonymity88

Sep 20, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
anonymity88 said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Implied that Aliens stared the great war - utterly retarded canon shift.
Where did it drop that hint? I haven't played Zeta in forever and don't remember ever seeing anything along those lines.
It was on one of the audio logs.
Ahh kk. The only one of those I really remember was the Vault-tec offical trying to sign a business deal with them.

MASTACHIEFPWN

Will fight you and lose
Mar 27, 2010
I hated dead money... Seriously, this one better be good, or I will roundhouse kick someone at Black Isle in the face... or obsidian... whatever they go by nowadays.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
SpadeJester said:
The Shade said:
I wonder how the DLCs will integrate into the main storyline.

For example, I should hope the saga with the Burned Man would take place after the main story of the game. It'd be kind of awkward to show up to Caesar's Camp with Joshua Graham in tow.
Joshua Graham is actually supposed to be dead...Caeser ordered to execute him after he lost in the First Battle of Hoover Dam...
and I don't actually see anything else (yet at least) that may make the main story line and the DLC story line incoherent or awkward
But Joshua Graham is the Burned Man. Or, at least, that's what we've been lead to believe. Caesar had him covered in pitch, set on fire, and thrown into the Grand Canyon. Nobody actually saw him die. People seem pretty doubtful about the whole affair as you travel the Mojave.
So if you spend a whole DLC romping around with the man himself, then go back to the main storyline, is anything going to change between the Courier and Caesar? When people reference the death of Joshua Graham, will the Courier just politely cough and roll their eyes? Who's to say...

blinkgun96

Dec 15, 2008
Fox KITSUNE said:
I ask because I believe I am the only one who liked it :(
I promise you are not.=)
Lt. Vinciti said:
Im betting Old World Blues is like Mothership Zeta

Also....dickmove if you use another plot point to strip me of my gear...

I understood it in Dead Money....tho it was stupid and a pain in the ass...
Hasn't every Fallout DLC done this with the exception of "Point Lookout"?

RN7

Oct 27, 2009
Andronicus said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Andronicus said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Only Old World Blues sounds like my thing, from a plot standpoint, to be honest.

That said...it all truly depends on the loot the DLC adds. Not the story behind the DLC, for me. After all, the quests are temporary. The loot is forever. :)

I honestly consider Anchorage the best FO3 DLC due to the Power Armor and Stealth Suit.
Really? All you care about is loot? In that case, I wouldn't even bother with DLC; just use mods, assuming you're playing on PC. If all DLC did was add more armour and weapons, I'd save my money for something a little more substantial.

Funnily, enough, I actually consider the reverse: things come and go, but stories are forever.
And don't get me wrong. I still like a good story. It's just never my primary motivation. I'd never pay PURELY for weapons. Unless "Spell Tomes" for Oblivion counts.
That's ok. I just found it funny that you're focused mostly on loot in a game so heavily based on canon and backstory and such. Like I said, if what you get is a gun, then that's all it is: something that can shoot other things. There are already guns in the game, so it's really all just the same to me. But stories can evoke emotion, expose backstory in the world, change perspectives, provide new ideas, highlight old ones, etc.

That isn't so say that this is always the case, but I'd take a bad story over a good gun anyday of the week.
But...but...the Q-35 matter modulator has it's own backstory involving Asian communist spy chicks and a tantalizing invisible barrier that technically doesn't exist.

In all seriousness I want the DLC for their story development (They're all connected in some way apparently). And the unique weapons. 'Cuz their unique. And I needs my swag. It's like Minecraft with less creative design and more killing people.

r_Chance

Dec 13, 2008
HankMan said:
Old World Blues better not miss a note!
Nicely punned :) Reading the phrase "Old World Blues" made me think of the "Real Folk Blues" which is a natural given my avatar...

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
blinkgun96 said:
Fox KITSUNE said:
I ask because I believe I am the only one who liked it :(
I promise you are not.=)
Lt. Vinciti said:
Im betting Old World Blues is like Mothership Zeta

Also....dickmove if you use another plot point to strip me of my gear...

I understood it in Dead Money....tho it was stupid and a pain in the ass...
Hasn't every Fallout DLC done this with the exception of "Point Lookout"?
I was compensated for "Operation:Anchorage" w/ a Guass Rifle (and the cheat the ammo station guy) and was given a great reward (10million HP on that Winterized T51b)

"The Pitt" did it...but gave you back some badass perks..also you mauled people in the Arena to get it back

"Mothership Zeta" took my stuff...gave it back..and made it useless with the super alien tech that did stupid amounts of DMG

"Point Lookout" Yeah...I kept my stuff but most of those hillbillies took about 15 shots from anything...and the Double Barrel was a fast way to being beaten in the face with an axe

Tomo Stryker

Aug 20, 2010
DanielPowell33 said:
All I want is a DLC that will let me continue playing after I've beaten the main story.

Old World Blues seems pretty cool though.
Stop asking, you have no idea how much that gets asked and it will never happen!

OT: Patience...

[img http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/500/565_patience.jpg]

I haz it!

Tomo Stryker

Aug 20, 2010
The Shade said:
Ever since I picked up the Collector's Edition playing cards, I've been stoked to find out more about Ulysses. The way Obisidian's been dropping hints along the way, it sounds like shit is about to get real. I cannot wait.

"The day I set my flag down, it'll be over my body or over a nation I believe in."
I am literally out of words I am so excited. Kinda fanboyish, but if someone doesn't like it, then they can take it up with Mr. Courier's customized Brush Gun which contains hand made personalized cartridges that profess in rapid dealing death!

lemiel14n3

happiness is a warm gun
Mar 18, 2010
I'll probably wait for the Game of the Year edition and hope they bundle all their DLC like Fallout 3. Hell, maybe by then the game will work.

5t3v0

Jan 15, 2011
Tomo Stryker said:
DanielPowell33 said:
All I want is a DLC that will let me continue playing after I've beaten the main story.

Old World Blues seems pretty cool though.
Stop asking, you have no idea how much that gets asked and it will never happen!

OT: Patience...
Was about to say the same thing... Im excited about Honest hearts mainly, due to my religion being featured and obsidians twist on it.

Also, Joshua Greame's amour (the guy in bandages, I got that from the fallout wiki) says SLCPD (salt lake city PD) on it, and is holding the M1911 (designed by John Browning, who was a mormon)

SpadeJester

Apr 4, 2009
The Shade said:
SpadeJester said:
The Shade said:
I wonder how the DLCs will integrate into the main storyline.

For example, I should hope the saga with the Burned Man would take place after the main story of the game. It'd be kind of awkward to show up to Caesar's Camp with Joshua Graham in tow.
Joshua Graham is actually supposed to be dead...Caeser ordered to execute him after he lost in the First Battle of Hoover Dam...
and I don't actually see anything else (yet at least) that may make the main story line and the DLC story line incoherent or awkward
But Joshua Graham is the Burned Man. Or, at least, that's what we've been lead to believe. Caesar had him covered in pitch, set on fire, and thrown into the Grand Canyon. Nobody actually saw him die. People seem pretty doubtful about the whole affair as you travel the Mojave.
So if you spend a whole DLC romping around with the man himself, then go back to the main storyline, is anything going to change between the Courier and Caesar? When people reference the death of Joshua Graham, will the Courier just politely cough and roll their eyes? Who's to say...
that's his name because that is how he was executed though...and why should the Courier tell Caeser of Joshua still being alive and that he helped him or left him alive, Caeser wanted him dead o_O also,the higher ups are trying to stop those rumors of him still being alive.
They can also do something along the lines of what they did with father Elijah in Dead Money.

Vect

Jul 22, 2009
Kalezian said:
The Burned Man looks fucking awesome.

Can has companion Burned Man, plox?
Fun Fact: The Burned Man originally WAS meant to be a companion in "Van Buren", the supposed Fallout 3 made by the guys who did the original Fallout games before Fallout went to Bethesda. He was pretty much the most evil ************ on the planet and having him around pissed off plenty of characters.