Love Songs, Please Just Give Us A Break

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Sandjube said:
Holy crap that's amazing I want one. Where do I acquire these 'Hyperbowls'?
you just have to feed them some sugar and cocaine

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
Bowling for Soup make love songs funny even if you're in the midst of heartbreak.

Look them up.

Belated

Feb 2, 2011
Try listening to Green Day. Very few of their songs are about love. There's one or two in each album, but it's hardly all they sing about. And often their love songs are some of their best. ("Fell for You" is my favorite track off their latest album, "¡Uno!".)

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
mjcabooseblu said:
Thedutchjelle said:
mjcabooseblu said:
I hold your hand in mine, dear. I press it to my lips. I take a healthy bite from your dainty fingertips. My joy would be complete, dear, if only you were here...but still I keep your hand as a precious souvenir.

Etc, etc.
Well yeah, but Tom Lehrer can even turn the periodic table into a song so trying to compete with him is impossible :p

I dislike love songs myself as well.. generally avoid them. Usually avoid "current" music anyway as I just can't stand it most of it :\
Meh. If you can actually use the internet, there's "current" music for all tastes and styles.
Fair point, and I don't listen much to the radio anyway.

However, I'm forced to at work. My boss banned headphones (safety reasons) so we're forced to listen to whatever radiostation the largest group of people wants to listen to.

VincentMm

Feb 13, 2009
The only contribution I could possibly make to this thread is this; a song about Pi.

http://youtu.be/BDMBtQjS1bQ

Edl01

Apr 11, 2012
I do agree I hate the amount of love songs that pollute the music industry, I genuinly don't feel anything when I hear them anymore because of how overdone they are.
Oh also party songs, no I don't mean song to be played at parties. I mean songs ABOUT PARTIES.

White Lightning

Feb 9, 2012
Why not stop listening to "modern" music if you don't like it? Seems simple enough to me.
Vault101 said:
BloatedGuppy said:
It's POSSIBLE I wasn't being ENTIRELY serious.

You can never be sure, though.
when it comes to music hyperbowl like that isnt too uncommon
iplaygamesyo said:
I don't know. Where are the songs that use to turn mobs into movements? Musicians pulled out the best in the world and put good tunes to it. Now people just blab words into a microphone. The same words in a slightly different tone. Buckethead for instance. Musician. I went to a buckethead concert and watched him wail a guitar for five hours one time. Not enough people in the world respect that.

P.S. I am ignoring the Nickleback situation above me.
case in point
I can't tell you how hard I laughed when I read Hyperbowl. You're my favourite person on here.

Sep 11, 2009
Man, that's why you need to listen to japanese love songs.
"Boy and girl go to volcano to find a magical stone, ends up fighting dragon and girl wishes for the boy to be turned into diamond so that he can survive the lava. Dedicates the rest of her life to magic so that she can free him."

Badass love song right there.

And then there's this one.
I think I've realised how much japanese music I listen to. Darn.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
All songs are about love, or sex.

Except for five which are about driving.
and on that i present a love song, about trucks [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf7GfUORHtw]

OT: yeah, i get tired of the love songs to, but i find not listening to the radio helps.

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
I think the Aquabats wrote, maybe, two songs about love.The rest are about... I'm not sure.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
iplaygamesyo said:
Okay, so I am just a bit aggravated about love songs at the moment and I am wondering if I am alone on this? Every bad has some stupid love song and most bands have all love songs. Is this me being nit picky or is music very repetitive? I feel like I spend many more hours looking for quality music then I do actually listening to new quality music...
So, in other words, you've had enough of silly love songs?

Well, I look around and see it isn't so.

Face it, some people just want to fill the world with silly love songs, and what's wrong with that?

I'd like to know, 'cause here I go AGAIN!!!

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Bands have been making love song since... when did bands start again?

Love songs have been popular in every era for the last few decades at least. Really you wither deal with that or stop listening to music, because its just the way it is. (Or I suppose you could make a satellite that destroys the feeling of love and destroy all love in the tri-state area.)

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
You could always listen to Rush. Many of their songs are not about love or relationships at all, and the ones that are usually tackle the subject from alternate perspectives.

AngelBlackChaos

Aug 3, 2010
Ultratwinkie said:
How is this about relationships?

Well, if you say angels, witches, and cats represent women (which they have been used to represent women before) then add in Worm, rat, and such as representing men, then you may have a song showing the dynamics of men and women.

or i could just be reaching.