Lucasfilm Working on Star Wars Cartoon for Preschoolers

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
I dunno about this live-action series, but the 2008 Clone Wars cartoon can be pretty right messed up and mature, in a way, at time; at least when you starting thinking about what you just saw instead of just "Oooh, explosions." Examples in Season 2 include torture, use of flamethrowers on living creatures, and potential genocide.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Irridium said:
So he's trying to bring Star Wars to a new age group.

Whats wrong with that exactly?

The product isn't targeted for those who saw the origional movies, so I don't really mind.
MISA SO STUPID, MISA NAMED JAR JAR BINKS!

It's not "bringing to new age group". It's "catering to new audience, sacrificing the loyalty of your old audience". You know, like Blizzard changing the lore to make WoW players happy.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
They should make a Star Wars for old people. You know, one where Han breaks his hip, Luke forgets to take his pills and Chewbacca struggles with erectile disfunction.

They could call it Nerf Herders.

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
Irridium said:

The product isn't targeted for those who saw the origional movies, so I don't really mind.
It's like making Aliens but for kids. I admit that that example is over the top, but what's wrong with catering to the current fanbase until those kids get to the right age? I would like to see effort put into making some expanded universe movies or a series aimed at the same age group as the original movies when they came out.

Apr 28, 2008
Bobular said:
It's like making Aliens but for kids. I admit that that example is over the top, but what's wrong with catering to the current fanbase until those kids get to the right age? I would like to see effort put into making some expanded universe movies or a series aimed at the same age group as the original movies when they came out.
Abedeus said:
MISA SO STUPID, MISA NAMED JAR JAR BINKS!

It's not "bringing to new age group". It's "catering to new audience, sacrificing the loyalty of your old audience". You know, like Blizzard changing the lore to make WoW players happy.
That age group would be at least into their 30's by now. And would have lots of responsabilities. They are people who will always say that nothing will be as good as the old films, and most likely wouldn't jump on anything new thats aimed at them.

And besides. Apparantly that Star Wars TV series mentioned above will give them something they want.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Is it just me looking forward to this? Hopefully it'll be like Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Sure, I'm 20 and in uni, but I still enjoy a well made kid's show. Especially ReBoot.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
I heard people make jokes about the series basically being changed to look like the toys since they saw the wooden Star Wars: the Clone Wars characters. I never thought we would come to THIS however. Jar Jar has nothing on this.

Beastialman

Sep 9, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
Beastialman said:
Irridium said:

THANK YOU!

I hate how Hardcore Star Wars fans hated the new trilogy because of Jar Jar Binks. He was just a newer comic relief to replace C3-P0.
Most "hardcore" Star Wars fans hate the new movies, because the secretly love them. I personally don't hate any of the new films (except maybe The Clone Wars), but there are parts of them that just don't sit well.

The set up of the new films is great, but some of the execution needed a lot of work. Anakin Skywalker was a fascinating character, but Hayden Christensen just didn't have the talent to give the character any more complexity than a wood stump.
I loved some of the newer stuff they made (the Clone Wars cartoon series was freaking awesome and should have used the General Grievous voice over the ones in the movie (damn you screen actors guild).

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Oh well, I guess there's nothing that says they shouldn't try to broaden their audience.

I myself actually have 3 of those galactic figures (I mean they're 2 Jawas and R2, I would never want a deformed hobbit looking Luke or Vader)

At least we still have Clone Wars, and think how much more mature it'll look next to Squishies.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Echolocating said:
Lucasfilm Working on Star Wars Cartoon for Preschoolers
I thought that's what the prequels were all about. ;-)
you need to watch redlettermedia's review of The Phantom Menace. It will explain how that was a complete failure.

Sep 13, 2009
expected by 2012
So that's why the Mayan calendar ends in this year.

Basically, he takes the characters everyone likes, and replaces them with Ewoks. Those unfavourable become Gungans. Everyone will be strapped to chairs and forced to watch it Clockwork Orange-style with Episode's 2 Love Theme playing in the background.

Even Dante Alighieri wouldn't think of more terrifying Hell than this one.

Soviet Heavy said:
you need to watch redlettermedia's review of The Phantom Menace. It will explain how that was a complete failure.
Holy blast, it's like the best movie review I had ever seen, and I'll ever see in my entire life.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
The Clone Wars cartoon series that came out in 2004 and 2005 was awesome but they ruined it with the new clone wars computer animated series.

Revenge Of The Sith hits theaters and it was awesome. I mean it was dark, violent, had wookies in it, decapitations, and children being killed.

Why can't they make a more adult Star Wars series, not child friendly but more geared to the age of 15-20 year olds?

RanD00M

Oct 26, 2008
reg42 said:
And the cash-cow goes:
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
Fixed your post a little.

OT:I know that Lucas brought us the great original trilogy.But cashing out like he does,makes me want to punch him.In you know,THE FACE!