LulzSec Leader Outed As FBI Rat

Silvianoshei

May 26, 2011
Lono Shrugged said:
Because we don't use stockades any more. ANY person who commits a crime is on public record committing that crime. They sometimes list minor crimes in the newspaper.

I'm not saying I totally agree but this is no surprise, especially if you are any way familiar with the F.B.I and how they operate. It's not about fair it's about nailing criminals and I can respect that. Especially if your hands are not clean anyway.

To me the whole kids thing is him just justifying burning his buddies to himself. It rings a little more noble than "I don't want to be shanked in the showers" I have no sympathy for this guy. I feel sorry for his kids but mostly because their Dad is a fucking asshole
The only problem I have with this is the fact that they brought his family into this publicly. He wasn't the one to mention that they used his family as leverage. They didn't have to mention that he had two kids; forcing them into the public sphere isn't necessary. As I said, I don't give a damn about the dude, he deserves what he got. But if someone is willing to be an informant for you, as a legal measure of penance, you could at least spare their families from public humiliation. It's not about fairness or justice; I just don't think that's tasteful.

Royas

Apr 25, 2008
Seriously, cutting the head off LulzSec? Does the FBI really have any idea how groups like this are really "organized"? They don't have heads, they just have some guy who happens to be in front at the time.

gyroscopeboy

Nov 27, 2010
Silvianoshei said:
Andy Chalk said:
Monsegur, described by FoxNews.com [http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/03/06/hacking-group-lulzsec-swept-up-by-law-enforcement/#ixzz1oLiLkGhI] as an "unemployed, 28-year-old father of two," apparently flipped on the group in order to avoid being separated from his children. "It was because of his kids. He didn't want to go away to prison and leave them," a law enforcement official said. "That's how we got him."
This is the only thing I don't like. Threatening to leave his children without a father or as orphans is a pretty terrible thing to do.

Also want to point out that his name is freaking awesome.
I'm pretty sure it may have had something to do with the constant ass raping too, but Fox News left that bit out.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Christ, between this and the announce trailer for MoH:W just earlier, I'm having a very happy day today.

Too bad it has to be ruined by school. Back to biology and depression now.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I understand his reasons. It was a rational choice. And they all deserve some jail time for being so fuckin' stupid. But I still don't approve of his actions. Betrayal is something I am familiar with unfortunately, and it's the worst feeling in the world when you're betrayed by someone you trusted. It makes you cynical beyond repair.

What he did was pretty fuckin' stupid in the first place, and now he's gonna be the one to get away with it. Not cool.

Wicky_42

Sep 15, 2008
Micalas said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
I always found this picture rather curious. I don't know how it's possible to so horribly screw up the spelling of the word "Nothing."
Oh that made me lol XD

OT, I find it half amusing, half concerning that even long after lulsec has become completely irrelevant they're still being hunted. I know, crime and all that, but it's just weird - I'm not sure I can equate ddos attacks against forums and front-end websites with real crime, though there was all that hacking m'larky - but if phishing people's passwords and account details is such a crime, where's the man hunt for those Nigerians - or is it only when you're white, middle class and politically active that the FBI will knock on your door?

Zer_

Rocket Scientist
Feb 7, 2008
Pluvia said:
No, I changed the subject to Anon, I know who Lulzsec are.

It's not transparent otherwise we would know who they are. If you demand transparency you must also be transparent yourself. I want to see the faces of the people who demand this, yet they hide behind a mask so they can hide from the consequences of their illegal actions.

Remaining anonymous is fine. Remaining anonymous whilst demanding others don't is retarded.
The only reason we demand transparency from our governments is because their actions affect our lives. Anonymous? Not so much. Anon aren't the only ones demanding transparency from our governments, pretty much everyone wants it. Total transparency in Anonymous would be absolutely stupid. The organization wouldn't function at all, so why even bring that up? And yes, what they are doing is Illegal, but as many people have said before.

"When tyranny becomes law, revolution becomes duty."

The founding fathers understood that for the US' political system to work for the people, revolutions would be needed on a regular basis. This is achieved either through massive social reform or violent reform.

I won't deny that Anonymous does some really dumb shit, but they also contribute a lot to citizens of the world. I don't see them as some super awesome force of benevolence, but I do see them as something that is positive when looking at the big picture. Governments SHOULD be afraid of their people, not the other way around.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
I'm suprised they gave themselves usernames...

And that they were legible...

And contained no numbers...

And were clever...

Or amusing...

JesterRaiin

Apr 14, 2009
"It was because of his kids. He didn't want to go away to prison and leave them,"
I understand this motivation, however i can't comprehend why "father of two" participated in illegal activities in the first place.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
"It was because of his kids. He didn't want to go away to prison and leave them," a law enforcement official said. "That's how we got him."
That's terrible... I don't like Lulzsec, they're assholes, but exploiting a father's relationship with his children to make him betray his own organization... only a truly moraly bankrupt person unable to feel empathy can do that...<.<

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
From here it is a Domino effect. They are all going to rat out other people for shorter sentences. Wonder if it has to do with the 25 more arrested last week.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
I am more concerned about the fbi charging and i hope not arresting two people that arent even US citizens.Does there own government even deal with criminals anymore or is easier not to worry and let the americans sort them out.

As i understand they were breaking the law but cant we use our own justice system on arresting and dealing with criminals anymore.

Pandaman1911

Fuzzy Cuddle Beast
Jan 3, 2011
Hooray! More power to the FBI. Use every method available to burn these damn rats out of their filth-encrusted slime-filled holes. Use their kids, use their wives, husbands, college tuition, job, whatever it takes.

M. Bison was right. This IS delicious!

Ukomba

Oct 14, 2010
Don't worry, I'm sure the FBI are just doing it for the Lulz.

This kind of thing shouldn't surprise anyone, seems like any movie about hackers has some elite guy getting caught and then helping the authorities.