Lulzsec resleases xbox live user info

TheSaw

A flayed man holds no secrets.
Apr 22, 2011
I took all my credit cards off my xbox live account when PSN got attacked, so I'd say I'm safe since the email I use for xbox live isn't used for anything else.

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
I still changed my hotmail password. Just in case!

Really, this is getting pretty annoying...

Apr 5, 2008
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Does that site have the xbox live info?

I wanna make sure I ain't at risk.
It's a (searchable) list of the logins affected and part of the associated passwords (presumably to prove to anyone on the list of its authenticity). The trouble is that we not only sign in to XBox Live, but that we've further associated our social network and credit card info with those accounts.

It doesn't list those but if you've used your XBox to purchase anything from XBL or to sign in to FB then that information is stored with MS. Check if you're on the list and if so change your Live and FB passwords, cancel any cards you've used on Live and you should be alright. I checked mine and not a mention. Even "kingsgambit" alone brings up no hits so I at least haven't been affected thankfully!

Anaklusmos

Jun 1, 2010
If I change my password via hotmail.com will that also change my password for Windows Live and X-Box live because they're all linked under the same e-mail address I believe. I can't get onto X-Box.com without my computer dieing on me, and if I try it on Windows Live it links me to X-Box Live for some stupid reason...

EDIT: Oh I just read the article, I thought this was a separate hack, one specifically aimed at X-Box/Windows Live users. It's not, it's the same one from ages ago...

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
I kept telling all the smug xbox owners, they'll be coming for them next and to not be letting their guards down.
Sucks that nothing seems to be safe any more... They best be leaving mah PS2 alone *grumble*

Argtee

Oct 31, 2009
KingsGambit said:
redmarine said:
Well, is Games for Windows account and XBox Live accounts the same? If so, I might as well change my password.
Yeah it is mate, same service. :-\ The whole "Live" brand (including Live Messenger for example) shares that info.

Just checked and followed a link. This site [http://dazzlepod.com/lulzsec/] has a list of compromised addresses so is probably well worth a check for anyone to see if they have been affected.
Thanks for the link!
I feel better now...

Alucard788

May 1, 2011
This really has to end....why can't someone...anyone find out who these people are?

Ugh...time to report another credit card lost and or stolen.

Pingieking

Sep 19, 2009
Well, I guess that MS can't claim that they weren't hacked.

Damn it, Lolzsec! This is getting fucking annoying.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Aside form the obligatory "haw haw, X-box user got hacked too" I have nothing to say. THe group is a bunch of fanboy gamers and they're going to hack every site.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
samwd1 said:
Souplex said:
Grey Walker said:
Well I guess this means Steam'll be next on their list, they've hit all the console devs.
Hopefully they actually do something to Valve instead of getting their info just to prove they can.
Valve needs to be taken down several pegs, then have sharp pegs driven through them.
whats your problem with valve?
He never bothers telling us. All I've ever got out of him is "digital distribution is the enemy, Valve runs the biggest digital distribution service, thus Valve is the enemy".

I still don't know why he hates digital distribution, especially since I think I remember him saying he's a PC gamer...

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Souplex said:
Grey Walker said:
Well I guess this means Steam'll be next on their list, they've hit all the console devs.
Hopefully they actually do something to Valve instead of getting their info just to prove they can.
Valve needs to be taken down several pegs, then have sharp pegs driven through them.
Yes, what needs to happen is a company who has very good relations with its customers needs its data stolen, and their customers and employees fucked with, because they are quite clearly the most heinous bunch around. All that free DLC and all those sales and all those free services!

VALVE YOU FUCKING SCUM!

intheweeds said:
For the love of Pete! At what point does Twitter shut down their feed anyway? For the record i sent them a message asking them that and haven't heard anything.
Yeah, that bit is just a tad bizarre. Probably worried about shit happening to them, but it should be taken off already.

Alucard788

May 1, 2011
There has to be more to this...There has to be something that is preventing another team of hackers from finding these guys.

...something isn't adding up here.

Sky Captanio

May 11, 2009
They are complete assholes who somehow got it into their heads that hacking random people makes them cool. I don't get them and I hope they're stopped soon.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
Oh, wow. I'm really feeling the lulz now, yeah. Dying in hysterics here.

/blatant and shameless sarcasm.

Aren't they supposed to be an "organisation" dedicated to fun? I can't exactly see how anyone could construe this as funny - maybe if it were exclusively Xbox information then at least the Sony fanboys could get a kick out of it, but we all know LulzSec has been less than kind to them too. If they make a victim of their entire audience, who is left to laugh?