Lulzsec

Zelgon

Jul 28, 2010
Let me be the first to express my distaste for this group.

What did the escapist ever do to make them take this site down? It's taking me a lot of self control to not curse and say something inappropriate but still... I don't understand, maybe someone can enlighten me.

What's "Lulzsecs" deal?

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
Zelgon said:

What did the escapist ever do to make them take this site down? It's taking me a lot of self control to not curse and say something inappropriate but still... I don't understand, maybe someone can enlighten me.

What's "Lulzsecs" deal?
Someone requested them to do it

Vakz

Crafting Stars
Nov 22, 2010
Escapist was taken down by Lulzsec because people were talking bad about time. So you start a thread to trashtalk them some more? That's good thinking, right there.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
Someone called them out here on the Escapist and they thought it would be funny to DDoS the site for a bit, now let it be and stop making threads, feeding the trolls will bring them back!

Sober Thal said:
Lulzsec did what to the Escapist? When was this?
Lulzsec DDoS'd the Escapist for about two/three hours today, they just stopped about an hour or so ago.

Tomster595

Aug 1, 2009
Not being a PS3 owner, they haven't really affected me until today. Having said that, I'm not really mad. The Escapist did absolutely nothing to deserve such an attack.

Arcane Azmadi

Jan 23, 2009
Lulzsec are a bunch of stupid, worthless little fucktards. They don't need a reason to screw things up, they just think it's funny to piss people off because they can. They're scum and I hope someone eventually tracks them down and punishes them in a big way.

TheAmazingHobo

Oct 26, 2010
Zelgon said:

What's "Lulzsecs" deal?
I don´t know, lulz, maybe ?

From what I heard/witnessed about them (I admit my utter lack of motivation to actually get real information about them), they appear to be a bunch of bored script kiddies.
DDoS against a mid-sized gaming-website and Minecraft´s Login Server, both of which are notorious for their cutting edge security. *Slow clap*

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
My guess is they saw the comments on our forums and got butt hurt.
Either that or they like us, they did say they liked Bethesda... (fucking physco wastelanders)

Also it might be wise for everyone to change their passwords.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Either that or they like us, they did say they liked Bethesda... (fucking physco wastelanders)

Not really, it was just DDoS.

Lizmichi

Detective Prince
Jul 2, 2009
You're doing just what you want them to do, react. me I'm not going to say a word.

KorLeonis

Mar 15, 2010
They want attention. So they are flailing about, making as much noise as possible. The best bet is to ignore them til they go away. Its was just a DDOS, not a security breach. I'm sure your password is fine.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Fayathon said:
Someone called them out here on the Escapist and they thought it would be funny to DDoS the site for a bit, now let it be and stop making threads, feeding the trolls will bring them back!

Sober Thal said:
Lulzsec did what to the Escapist? When was this?
Lulzsec DDoS'd the Escapist for about two/three hours today, they just stopped about an hour or so ago.
Oh so that why I couldn't get to the site this afternoon. That explains much.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Radeonx said:
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:

Not really, it was just DDoS.
I'm aware. Still better safe than sorry, I don't plan on having my account hijacked by some script kiddie douche bag.