Lulzsec

Arawn.Chernobog

Nov 17, 2009
Lulzsec really have no real moral high-ground or any justification behind their assaults, unlike similar movements that assault sites and databases of companies and organizations that somehow infringe upon individual freedoms or have divergent philosophies.

There's no actual reason behind their assault, they have no real objective or purpose.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
zehydra said:
Haha, fuck lulzsec, anybody got a twitter account? Let's hit them back!
I hope you're being sarcastic, because that is a terrible idea if you're serious.

Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
Radeonx said:
Patrick_and_the_ricks said:
My guess is they saw the comments on our forums and got butt hurt.
Either that or they like us, they did say they liked Bethesda... (fucking physco wastelanders)

Also it might be wise for everyone to change their passwords.
Not really, it was just DDoS.
I'm aware. Still better safe than sorry, I don't plan on having my account hijacked by some script kiddie douche bag.
I really doubt that they stole all of our info.

Dr.Nick

Mar 26, 2009
I love comedy, too bad most people can't get over the fact that it's funny to watch others get hacked until it happens to something you're close to. Just laugh at ourselves and get over it.

DJ-Oli

Jan 12, 2010
You may not know this, but they also took down the servers for one of the world's most famous online-game.

Yep, they took down both Eve Online servers.
The eve-online.com site isn't even up yet :(

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
I think it's a pretty nice ego boost to think we're up there with Sony. Thanks, Lulzsec!

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
It was a few hours, I'm sure we all lived.

I do agree though something needs to be done about them.

May 28, 2009
Hm, the site went down again before the process thingy put my last attempt at putting a post through. Anyways:

Obviously the best idea is to spew more of the mindless invective this community has spouted on here about them since they appeared, despite the fact that that's what drew them to take down the site in the first place.

And you know what? A group that does things entirely, as they claim, for "the lulz" loves to target easily-angered people, because it's funny.

Guess what? I laughed when it happened, primarily because of all the internet hardman talk (not to mention bloodlust-fuelled calls for extrajudicial killings) on here. Guess who probably raged? They win.

Blind77

Jul 2, 2010

From all the possible targets they picked Escapist, Minecraft, EVE-Online and League of Legends...Meh.

Maybe next time they'll pick someone who really deserves this.

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
The reason why they attacked this site, because people were baiting them with threads like these. (sorry it had to be said)

Now can we please stop feeding the trolls, especially those that can bring down sites, and move on.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Dr.Nick said:
I love comedy, too bad most people can't get over the fact that it's funny to watch others get hacked until it happens to something you're close to. Just laugh at ourselves and get over it.
Your right 404 messages are hilarious can't we just all take a joke [/sarcasm]

Honestly its just annoying not funny, the comedic equivalent of repeatedly poking someone.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Meh, this just proves that Lulzsec are thin-skinned pansies.

It's not like it ruined my day. Heck, it gave me an excuse to do a little extra cleaning around the house, so I'm not really upset.

DrMetal

Oct 31, 2009
Arcane Azmadi said:
Lulzsec are a bunch of stupid, worthless little fucktards. They don't need a reason to screw things up, they just think it's funny to piss people off because they can. They're scum and I hope someone eventually tracks them down and punishes them in a big way.
If you want to gain status as hacker group, you have to hack a bunch of stuff first... All kinds of attacks and hacks... Simple as...

ZeZZZZevy

Apr 3, 2011
As it's been pointed out already, let's just move on.

Yes it was annoying, but baiting them more isn't going to solve anything.

KazTheKing

Sep 17, 2010
drisky said:
Dr.Nick said:
Your right 404 messages are hilarious can't we just all take a joke [/sarcasm]

Honestly its just annoying not funny, the comedic equivalent of repeatedly poking someone.
LulzSec is the Dane Cook of the internet.

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
I like what one of my twitter followers said. Don't be mad at lulzsec for taking them down, be mad at the site owners for having such shitty security.

However that person was an idiot. All security operates on the same principle, make the cost to break in higher then the reward. Every site I have an account on has a password that is a random arrangement of letters and numbers, to prevent a cascading hack. I store all these passwords in an encrypted database with 128-bit AES encryption. It's more security then they deserve, but that's kinda the point.

Now I doubt the cost of orchestrating a DDoS attack on The Escapist of all sites was worth the benefit. They could have used that time to write a novel, or cure cancer. Instead they are using it to take down a shitty gaming site.

A shitty gaming site I love, but still. Let's face it, taking down this site is small potatoes, no one really gives a shit. This isn't CNN. I know I don't give a shit. I just waited a few hours longer to watch The Big Picture. No big loss.

The only explanation I can think of for doing this was, they were hired by Gearbox to take down any site that wrote a negative review of DNF. It was released today dontyaknow.