Lurking and you

Nov 28, 2010
I lurk like my life depends on it. Hell, I had to force myself to reply to this rather than just closing the tab and moving on like usual.

I'm trying to stop though, but most of the time I just don't feel my opinion would add to the discussion. I'm more interested in hearing what other people think, anyway; I mean, I already know my own thoughts so I don't generally bother with rephrasing them for anyone else to understand.

trollnystan

I'm back, baby, & still dancing!
Dec 27, 2010
I try to only lurk, I really do. But sometimes I can't keep my gob shut =/
But I mostly lurk yeah...

*goes back to her lurking corner*

Sable Gear

Mar 26, 2009
I lurk all the time! Yes. I lurk. I am a lurker.

Usually I read the first few posts of a thread to get the gist of what's going on, and usually within the first page I find someone who shares my opinion, so there's no need for me to post saying "I agree with this guy here" and add nothing to the discussion.

I guess it's kind of like eavesdropping, huh?

Rob Shogun

Sep 17, 2008
See I thought you meant lurking in the back of photos. Now THAT I am a pro at, many a photo people have taken at festivals and my head has appeared behind people. Its started to be a challenge between me and a few friends as well.

On the actual topic though, lurking in forum topics.... I guess I do that quite a bit too, sometimes its just nice to read without contributing

Arenari

Servant of Marvin the Martian
Nov 20, 2009
I lurk usually because I just don't have anything to say really. Which could explain why my post count is so low.

Razzigyrl

Mar 22, 2011
Lurking is only sensible when my opinion has been more eloquently stated by another than I could ever hope to do. I'll admit to being a fool, yes, but most often I prefer to avoid looking like one unintentionally. That and it takes entirely too much effort to untangle my thoughts into working sentences, and I end up sounding strange anyway.

YouBecame

May 2, 2010
I mostly lurk when I cannot think of anything to add to a thread :)

I should have lurked here.

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
I lurk a fair bit. It depends on my mood, the thread and the posts.

A lot of the time I prefer to read rather than post, because I'm pretty apathetic really. And making vapid/inconsequential posts makes me feel foolish.

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
If I can't think of anything of value to post then I don't post. Also a lot of the time I just can't be bothered to fill out the CAPTCHA.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
I lurk when I've drunk too much to say things. Or when I'm too tired to do words and there's nobody I can quote.

I think my opinion real hard at the topic instead and hope everyone hears it in their head.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
I lurk a lot, but I also post a lot too, depends on what topics are about and if I can actually be arsed to comment.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
This thread again. Thats why I lurk most of the time. Threads repeat themselves a lot and I grow tired of answering to the same question over and over. I usually only post on new topics. This is one of the very few exceptions.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Sure. No point in posting, never manage to come up with something that people give a shit about. Just like IRL.

Fun.

Haydyn

Mar 27, 2009
I don't usually go into a thread unless I intend to post. If I get there and then decide I don't have anything stupid to say, I'll leave without posting.

Psiboom

Oct 11, 2009
*Glances at post count and join date* ... Yep. But I'm slowly breaking away from that... Very slowly... Yup. But I probably won't, I'll probably have this little surge and post a lot, and go poof and lurk for four years, like a totally awesome guy, and a modest one too.

CaptainKoala

Elite Member
May 23, 2010
I used to never lurk, posting 20-30 times a day. Now The Escapist is lucky to see one my posts a week. I lurk almost exclusively now. I don't really know why, though...

Boba Frag

Dec 11, 2009
*reads thread, moves silently away without posting*

....Damn it! Quiet part loud again...

I try and post on things that interest me. Usually there are interesting threads on the site and I've yet to encounter anyone that would make me regret posting in a forum.
Hmm..
Well, apart from in this Mass Effect 2 thread, but I'm pretty sure that ass was trolling me.