MacGyver Movie in the Works

slowpoke999

Sep 17, 2009
Kenjitsuka said:
I fear we'll need a petition to avoid some awful young actor (LaBeouf: yikes!!!) playing the lead.
We need the real "Mac" to fix this up properly!

Give those youngsters a lenght of string, three and a half paper clips and a rusty tin can and they WONT be able to turn it into a cold fusion reactor; tsssk!
Shia LABeouf is already perfecting his written apology to the internet as to why he or the director ruined Macguyver, he knows it'll be bad, there's just nothing he can do about it, I really feel sorry for him, I honestly do.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Zeeky_Santos said:
Real MacGyver or bust. Hollywood had better not ruin this.
Pretty much this, Richard Dean Anderson or bust for me as well. Hollywood, don't frak this up.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
mindlesspuppet said:
Richard Dean Anderson is a must, without him I'd be about as likely to see a MacGyver movie as I would be to fornicate with a cactus.
I'm in agreement, pass the cactus when your done.

Richard Dean Anderson should, at the very least, have a supporting role. Hell throw everyone through a loop and have him as some sort of baddie, not just a crappy cameo or even worse... a father figure *shudders*.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Quick Ben said:
Orcus_35 said:
If There's no Richard Dean Anderson, it doesn't exist.
Fixed it for you :)

OT: I really hope this will be good, because I grew up on MacGyver (it aired a bit later in Norway, and they're still showing reruns.) You do not mess with MacGyver, or the Duct tape will do bad things to you.
niiiiiice !

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
They could have Shia LaBeouf play his son and have them search for Atlantis together and find aliens.

Never ever ever ever ever never

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
They could do a "Frank miller's Batman: The Dark Knight Returns" thing, with an old, gritty McGyver. Using a machete instead of a swiss army knife and whatnot.

Wahful said:
I wonder if he will make a Machine gun using nothing more than an elastic band and some paper clips?
I certainly hope so!
I going out on a limb here and guess you didn't watch much of the show. Not that there is anything wrong with that but that question is more than a little contradictory.

HaraDaya

Nov 9, 2009
I miss MacGuyver, I remember back in 4th grade, I'd come home from school, have the house all by myself, and I'd make french toast and watch MacGuyver. I can't remember the last time I've seen one of our Danish channels rerun it.

Wahful said:
I wonder if he will make a Machine gun using nothing more than an elastic band and some paper clips?

I certainly hope so!
Actually, if I remember correctly, he absolutely loathes guns. To the point where he's often supporting causes banning them. MacGuyver that is. Not the actor.

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
slowpoke999 said:
Kenjitsuka said:
I fear we'll need a petition to avoid some awful young actor (LaBeouf: yikes!!!) playing the lead.
We need the real "Mac" to fix this up properly!

Give those youngsters a lenght of string, three and a half paper clips and a rusty tin can and they WONT be able to turn it into a cold fusion reactor; tsssk!
Shia LABeouf is already perfecting his written apology to the internet as to why he or the director ruined Macguyver, he knows it'll be bad, there's just nothing he can do about it, I really feel sorry for him, I honestly do.
Just like with Indy 4, only now he can post his apology on launch day!
Hehehe, that's perfect slowpoke999 ^_^

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
HaraDaya said:
I miss MacGuyver, I remember back in 4th grade, I'd come home from school, have the house all by myself, and I'd make french toast and watch MacGuyver. I can't remember the last time I've seen one of our Danish channels rerun it.

Wahful said:

I certainly hope so!
Actually, if I remember correctly, he absolutely loathes guns. To the point where he's often supporting causes banning them. MacGuyver that is. Not the actor.
That's true; he used bullets to get some gun powder for some other use once or twice, but I don't think he ever fired a weapon. He was really anti-gun indeed.

Feb 13, 2008
MAcguyver is one of the cheesiest series that ever graced TV.

It was the Flash Gordon, the Plan 9 from Outer Space, the cheesiest of the cheese.

As long as they understand that, they may have a chance of bringing it back.

BUT...I've a strong feeling they'll want to make it more . . . realistic.

Which will make it both compelling and cinematic. And die in a ball of flame at the box office.

TheGhostOfSin

Terrible, Terrible Damage.
May 21, 2008
Gildan Bladeborn said:
Susan Arendt said:
Chipperz said:
...MacGuyver is real? I thought it was just a running joke in the Simpsons...

...Wow.
Wow...I...wow. I have no idea what to say to that. I really don't.
Yeah, I'm with you on that one. Granted, MacGyver was (according to my parents) my favorite show during my (extremely) formative years (I was 4), so I would obviously know about it from personal experience, but how is it even possible to think a pop-culture piece of history like MacGyver, which informed and was in turn referred back to by other works of pop-culture ever since it aired, was actually just something the writers of The Simpsons made up as a running joke?

That's just... wow.
You do understand that most people don't live in the US and have their own TV shows to make pop culture about don't you?

Not many American TV shows got the worldwide fame that they do now back in the 80's
It isn't currently shown on British TV and no whole season of it has ever been broadcast here.
The BBC describes it as a cult show in their telling of this story and as we all know, Cult means 'nobody watched it'

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
mindlesspuppet said:
EMFCRACKSHOT said:
Richard Dean Anderson had better be MacGyver in this. I doubt anyone else could pull it off.
And hey, if he can still fight jaffa, replicators and the ori at over 60+ i'm sure this will be easy.
He only fights against the replicators because he accidentally created them back in 1988 with two paper clips, a roll of duct tape, a popsicle stick, and a butane lighter.
And a pair of gameboys, you can't forget the gameboys Puppet.

not_the_dm

Aug 5, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
Personally, I'd rather see the "real" MacGyver, than some new guy, although the mullet can stay with the TV show.
I agree. I don't think he'd be able to regrow the mullet if he tried though...

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
It will most certainly have a new and young actor playing McGyver and Richard Dean Anderson as a mentor type stock character.

hyperdrachen

Jan 1, 2008
No mullet no deal, nuff said. It is funny that theyre looking at a Macgyver movie, after the parody MacGruber. That said I think there is some real potential here, but the movie likely won't see the effort to bring it to fruition. But maybe they can use, an original actor, amonium nitrate, and a paper clip, to make a enjoyable movie.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Plinglebob said:
He may be able to at his age, but not with the stomach he was showing in the 1st episode of SG: Universe.
I thought he looked a little doughy.

I just had a fun idea; MacGyver could team up with his son played by a young and upcoming actor (Shia LeBeouf if he's available) as they hunt down a mysterious artifact and prevent it falling in to the wrong hands.