Machine Learns How to Play Pitfall On Its Own

brodie21

Apr 6, 2009
it looks like it froze at the end rather than did a victory dance.

forget skynet, Cylons! anyone watch Battlestar Galactica?

Simon Hadow

Mar 12, 2009
DAMN! It has learned our ways! How long till it learns how to do ,more? Like make itself arms? Or make itself guns? Or hunt us? Or, even worse... seduce our species... god help us... god help us all... or, in the event that athiasts are right, Bob Sagat save us... Bob Sagat save us all... or Chuck Norris... actually, yes, I think Chuck has a better chance... or Mr. T... or they could all team up... no... them combined would probably be more dangerous than a robot apocolypse...

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Isn't this more or less like bots in more modern games? Or am I oversimplifying it?

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
Imagine if your GPS device celebrated every time it found the correct route to your destination. That would be hilarious! Seriously though, when it finished with the celebration, I suddenly had an image of a player teabagging my corpse in Halo 3 while HAL from 2001: A Space Odyssey said "Aha ha ha ha. I pwned you, newb." over XBox Live.

randommaster

Sep 10, 2008
brodie21 said:
it looks like it froze at the end rather than did a victory dance.

forget skynet, Cylons! anyone watch Battlestar Galactica?
No, nobody has ever seen it because it never aired. Anybody who says they've seen it is lying and any tapes/DVDs are fake. All references to it are really just people sharing a long-running inside joke.

Like several before me specilate, if this thing is doing victory dances for Pitfall, what will an FPS be like for it?

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
PyroZombie said:
God help us all if it learns how to play Sonic the Hedgehog.
If it played the later games, it would probably Nuke us out of disgust.

Vriggchan

Jun 18, 2009
the fact that this robot can reason what is bad for its character and what is good, is astounding. my question is if the robot goes onto the next screen in pitfall will it jump all of the logs? because if it does. then this robot already has the potential to play wow. once it gets killed by something in wow it will realize that it has to kill that creature. or something along those lines.

Zersy

Nov 11, 2008
PyroZombie said:
God help us all if it learns how to play Sonic the Hedgehog.
I'd be more scared if it learned to play Super Mario Bros.......

the horror !

PyroZombie

Apr 24, 2009
furnatic said:
We must destroy the Pitfall playing machine before it does us! Or teach it to play World of Warcraft! It'll be too busy farming to destroy us...
Son, you may have just saved the world.

Neonbob

The Noble Nuker
Dec 22, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
NoMoreSanity said:
No, I think dying by your hand is considered winning. I mean, your one of those bosses they purposely make so the player can't win.
Yeah, but the ending is really awesome.
You get your own personal Heaven and everything.

And if you manage to kill me, you become the new Final Boss.

Unfortunately I am both eternal and invulnerable, so it just won't happen.
I'm bringing kitties and emo girls with me when I die. Just in case.
I'll just try to get by while you busy yourself with their company.
Or get stepped on. Either way, it should be hilarious.