Madhouse Releases First Look at X-Men Anime

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
poiumty said:
I was pretty interested in this.

Then i read the plot and i was like AHAHAHAHA WHAAAAAT

Seriously? The U-MEN? This sounds like bad fanfiction.
So im not the only one. Anyways, im not sure what to think about this, im going to need more than one 30 second clip...

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Looks and "feels" better than the crapp Xmex films...wish they would drop the ultimate marvel crap and go back to the better story and characters....

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
Storm bring down a blizzard on a cruise ship (?)
I think it's a cargo ship of some variety. I always think of cruise ships having a different shape and being completely white for aesthetics.

Looks surprisingly good in short, snappy clips but I don't think I'll hold out for anything special.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Please, no tentacles.

Its been a while since there was a n X-Men cartoon. The anime take on the genre looks interesting, hopefully the story wont be as strange as some of the animes out there.

sheah1

Jul 4, 2010
Um.... Is the Japanese setting really necessary? I mean, surely the X-men, but in anime form would have worked just as well? Or maybe they could have just focused on Wolverine's actions in Japan if they really wanted to move it to Japan, now it just seems gimmicky.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
I doubt it'll be as good as Wolverine and the X-men. That show kicks ass. Spike Spiegel Wolverine ftw.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Too much other shit to watch.

But at just 12 episodes, I think I can watch these. Good or bad, it'll only take a few hours.

rancher of monsters

Oct 31, 2010
008Zulu said:
Please, no tentacles.

Its been a while since there was a n X-Men cartoon. The anime take on the genre looks interesting, hopefully the story wont be as strange as some of the animes out there.
They'll probably wait for the doujin before getting to that part.

X-Men plus anime huh, I'll hold in my nerdgasm 'till they show the first episode.

UberNoodle

Apr 6, 2010
Well it's about time. If this the only way Japan can start remaking American properties, then I welcome it. It's a nice change.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
Just finished watching X-Men Evo, then jumped to the Wolverine anime to have a little bite of it. Let's say it wasn't tasty at all, even the combat animations up to episode two, felt a bit low budgeted, specially when he faced the samurai-katana-wielding-mutant.

The iron man anime on the other hand was relatively decent imho.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
I've fallen off of X-Men thanks to the live-action movies and the subsequent "Wolverine and the X-Men". I'll kindly wait until I hear more details about Blade, thanks.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
sweet I really wanna see it...wait a minute...
Tom Goldman said:
All four series are said to include 12 episodes, each 30 minutes long. G4TV signed a deal [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102407-Four-Marvel-Anime-Series-Hitting-G4-in-2011] to bring the four to its network, either dubbed or subtitled, in 2011.
Wow G4 is actually getting something that geeks actually would give a damn about
still could have wished it got signed over to adult swim so that way I could actually see it
EDIT: What happened? I qouted more

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
At least this time seem they neiled the look of Wolverine... by opposition of what he look like in the actual Wolverine anime

Jezzy54

Oct 19, 2008
I'm just glad it's not the same Wolverine from the solo anime. I've seen a recap/review of the first episode and it looks like crap.