Madhouse Releases First Look at X-Men Anime

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Angerwing said:
I don't fucking understand anime. People say "It's not the art style at all, it's the stories!" Valid point.

Then you go and fuck up a perfectly good property like X-men for no apparent reason. There is no good reason why you would pick anime over western as an art style, if something is already in a western art style, and "art style isn't important".

Absolute bollocks.
Woops double posted

Anime really just means they make the eyes too big and the guys metrosexual. I fear I might insight rage if I show the Wolverine anime they are doing separate from this but here it is.

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
This looks significantly less stupid than I anticipated. Might give it a shot when it comes out. Who knows, it could actually be kinda good.

hansari

May 31, 2009
X-Men in cartoon form SHOULD be in anime. Where more action that way.

I remember the X-Men cartoons and the action was always bland...

For.I.Am.Mad

May 8, 2010
Art style looks decent, that's one the few things I like about anime, too bad the story sounds like a bad Voyager episode. Maybe the plot can make up for it.

I'd have more faith if it was not based on an existing comic book story.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Xzi said:
Interesting. X-Men does lend itself well to the anime format in terms of overall theme, I think.
Darker Than Black is basically a Japanese X-Men anime :p

Anyway the plot synopsis is kind of meh, but the trailer is admittedly pretty fucking badass. I really hope these projects go better than the disastrous Lion's Gate animated movies... God those are awful.

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
hansari said:
X-Men in cartoon form SHOULD be in anime. Where more action that way.

I remember the X-Men cartoons and the action was always bland...
Except the action in this:
Rigs83 said:
Is completely implied. It shows no violence. It just cuts to flashes of claws and then aftermath of said claws. It just shows lazy as shit animation, and no real combat.

Talk about bland action. This shit has no action.

Sovereignty

Jan 25, 2010
008Zulu said:
Please, no tentacles.

Its been a while since there was a n X-Men cartoon. The anime take on the genre looks interesting, hopefully the story wont be as strange as some of the animes out there.

Not even if they're attached to Omega Red?

But seriously, they actually made Cyclops look cool. Kudos for that if anything.

Bon_Clay

Aug 5, 2010
Thank god Wolverine has some facial hair now at least. I'll check it out, loved the animated series when I was younger, so hopefully its good.

Ryujisama

Sep 3, 2010
Tom Goldman said:
All four series are said to include 12 episodes, each 30 minutes long. G4TV signed a deal [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102407-Four-Marvel-Anime-Series-Hitting-G4-in-2011] to bring the four to its network, either dubbed or subtitled, in 2011.
Huh... I thought G4 wanted nothing to do with anime, considering it's treatment of the fans...